Dj is in the studio

OptimusPrimeNL

At least dj has enthusiasm to get out in the studio and write n record stuff, it's admirable considering no other members have said anything similar

Edited by Gunns

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Gods sake, Don't turn this into a Dj-Hate thread!

This is pretty much the reason why I rarely post anymore. It seems that any time someone posts a thread discussing a present/past band member's projects (whether it's Axl, Slash, DJ, Bumblefoot, Steven, etc...), the thread just turns into a total and utter inane sludge-fest that is full of vile and moronic rambling.

Oh dear.

It's ridiculous. Any thread mentioning DJ turns into a DJ hate thread even if it's about him ACTUALLY WANTING TO GIVE GNR FANS WHAT THEY WANT. Assholes... what can you say? :popcorn:

This is pretty much the reason why I rarely post anymore. It seems that any time someone posts a thread discussing a present/past band member's projects (whether it's Axl, Slash, DJ, Bumblefoot, Steven, etc...), the thread just turns into a total and utter inane sludge-fest that is full of vile and moronic rambling.

Oh dear.

It's ridiculous. Any thread mentioning DJ turns into a DJ hate thread even if it's about him ACTUALLY WANTING TO GIVE GNR FANS WHAT THEY WANT. Assholes... what can you say? :popcorn:

I think it's safe to say that what most fans want is to hear the rest of the CD session songs and not exactly new DJ Ashba material

68536_o.gif

(sorry that gif amuses me to this day)

Oh dear.

I think it's safe to say that what most fans want is to hear the rest of the CD session songs and not exactly new DJ Ashba material

68536_o.gif

Ya bunch of greedy hobos <_<

Oh dear.

68536_o.gif

he's probably meddling and putting his touches on the unreleased cd material

Can't believe DJ gets hated on around here. He's close friends with Axl and probably actually pushing Axl to think about new music (which is what everyone wants) and people hate on him for it? He wants what you want! What a bunch of wankers the majority of you are.

I am not a big DJ fan or whatever, but he does deserves some credit. He actually seem to love GNR and is still very enthusiastic. He really beliefs in the band. Don't think, he deserves all that hate. I don't know if his songs are interesting, but at least it's something.

Can't believe DJ gets hated on around here. He's close friends with Axl and probably actually pushing Axl to think about new music (which is what everyone wants) and people hate on him for it? He wants what you want! What a bunch of wankers the majority of you are.

But they have such valid reasons to bash a guy they barely know anything about! He is successful at selling things to a market segment they are not part of and has enough business acumen to market his products in interviews! He also dresses a way they don't like and might be a bit of a goof!

Oh dear.

68536_o.gif

Axl doesn't work for you. Your misguided sense of entitlement doesn't dictate his actions.

Oh dear.

68536_o.gif

Axl doesn't work for you. Your misguided sense of entitlement doesn't dictate his actions.

Where did I say he does? Is it wrong to have a preference? So anyone who wants to hear new music from their favorite artist has a misguided sense of entitlement? Way the jump the gun buddy, if only you could have thought of an insult yourself :thumbsup:

But they have such valid reasons to bash a guy they barely know anything about! He is successful at selling things to a market segment they are not part of and has enough business acumen to market his products in interviews! He also dresses a way they don't like and might be a bit of a goof!

Punhes fans

Campaigns against bullying after bragging about punching fans

Marginally talented at the one job he has

Slams doors in old women's faces

Dresses like an emo kid from 2004

Trend chaser (google image him from the 90's)

And he's seemingly proud of all the above. I don't think his shameless self promotion is a big deal honestly. It's a little annoying how excessive it is but not exactly a fair criticism. but really I see you call people out about bashing DJ but you never address the fan punching or old lady incidents and the fact that we only know about them from him bragging about the . Is there a way you can spin fighting a fan and bragging about it or slammig a door in an old woman's face for telling him not to smoke in his non smoking hotel room into a good thing?

Look neither of us know the guy personally, and I don't give enough of a shit to hate him, but just about everytime he shows his personality or shares something about himself, I seem to like him less and less. But you like him and that's fine. Different strokes. But I don't understand why you don't acknowledge the guy has SOME downsides.

Edited by TeeJay410

Punhes fans

"Fans" and in plural? You are thinking about that one time he bragged about having beaten someone who sneaked into the backstage? It could have been a fan. But I think it was only one. Nevertheless, that whole bragging story goes under "might be a bit of a goof" since it was so clearly exaggerated to make him look cool, and he failed miserably.

Is that a reason to hate on someone?

What's with the constant plurality? Do you have such weak arguments that you have to pluralize them? But, yeah, that was immature as well, if we are to believe him it really happened and wasn't another immature attempt at coming across as real rock and roll, which I believe it was. But yes, he is an immature git.

Covered under "dresses under a way people don't like" and isn't really a reason to hate on anybody.

Wow, then I am a trend chaser, too, and regardless, that is not a reason to hate on anyone. Then you might as well hate on Axl, Bumblefoot and Richard, too.

but really I see you call people out about bashing DJ but you never address the fan punching or old lady incidents and the fact that we only know about them from him bragging about the .

Which is reason to assume Dj was just...bragging. Being so insecure you have to exaggerate incidents to make you look cool, and fail so miserably, isn't really a reason to hate him, although it makes me think of him an an insecure, immature person.

But you like him and that's fine.

What makes you think I like him? You just had your chance to come off as slightly intelligent and you failed. This is officially beyond you.

Oh dear.

68536_o.gif

Where did I say he does? Is it wrong to have a preference? So anyone who wants to hear new music from their favorite artist has a misguided sense of entitlement? Way the jump the gun buddy, if only you could have thought of an insult yourself :thumbsup:

You can have a preference sure but that's what DJ is doing, trying to get new music out. Now your going to bitch about what new music you want?

Oh dear.

68536_o.gif

You can have a preference sure but that's what DJ is doing, trying to get new music out. Now your going to bitch about what new music you want?

I never bitched to begin with, I just think its safe to say everyone would like to hear what Axl worked so long on. It was more a pro Axl statement than an anti DJ one, though personally I'm not too into music he's put out so i'm not all that interested. Good on him for working on stuff, but I don't really care.

Punhes fans

"Fans" and in plural? You are thinking about that one time he bragged about having beaten someone who sneaked into the backstage? It could have been a fan. But I think it was only one. Nevertheless, that whole bragging story goes under "might be a bit of a goof" since it was so clearly exaggerated to make him look cool, and he failed miserably.

Is that a reason to hate on someone?

What's with the constant plurality? Do you have such weak arguments that you have to pluralize them? But, yeah, that was immature as well, if we are to believe him it really happened and wasn't another immature attempt at coming across as real rock and roll, which I believe it was. But yes, he is an immature git.

Covered under "dresses under a way people don't like" and isn't really a reason to hate on anybody.

Wow, then I am a trend chaser, too, and regardless, that is not a reason to hate on anyone. Then you might as well hate on Axl, Bumblefoot and Richard, too.

but really I see you call people out about bashing DJ but you never address the fan punching or old lady incidents and the fact that we only know about them from him bragging about the .

Which is reason to assume Dj was just...bragging. Being so insecure you have to exaggerate incidents to make you look cool, and fail so miserably, isn't really a reason to hate him, although it makes me think of him an an insecure, immature person.

But you like him and that's fine.

What makes you think I like him? You just had your chance to come off as slightly intelligent and you failed. This is officially beyond you.

This entire response is based on the false assumption that I hate him and am justifying hating him. I'm just saying there are legitimate criticisms.

And the pluralities are coming from my phone's autocorrect actually, I know there's only one known incident of him punching a fan and being rude to an old lady. But really beating up a fan should only have to happen once to make it a legitimate source of dislike for a musician. And bragging about it sounds more like someone being a bit of a tool than a bit of a goof. As for trend chasing, I think everyone did make fun of him for it in the big jersey braids days. Ive never seen Ron as chasing trends though. There's a difference between progression and going from ibanez, shecter and EVH guitar playing "shred" guy to les Paul weilding blues player.

As for you liking him, I'm sorry but with your near constant defenses of him and the new band could you not see how one would come to that conclusion?

This entire response is based on the false assumption that I hate him and am justifying hating him.

Eh, no, it was based on the fact that many here hate on him.

I'm just saying there are legitimate criticisms.

I have never claimed otherwise.

And the pluralities are coming from my phone's autocorrect actually, I know there's only one known incident of him punching a fan and being rude to an old lady. But really beating up a fan should only have to happen once to make it a legitimate source of dislike for a musician.

If you believe the story as Dj tells it, then, yes, it is a good reason to dislike that person. But we are not talking about why people dislike Dj, but why so many here bash him all the time. There's a discrepancy here that begs for explanation.

And bragging about it sounds more like someone being a bit of a tool than a bit of a goof.

Yeah, you're right. Tool is a better word. Let's put that one on me not being that strong in English.

As for you liking him, I'm sorry but with your near constant defenses of him and the new band could you not see how one would come to that conclusion?

Yes, of course I expect people to not understand that it is possible to dislike someone yet still defend that person against the most childish and baseless attacks. Certain people always think everything is black and white, probably because it is easier for them to make sense of an oversimplified world rather than a world inhabited by real people with complex natures displaying traits taht on the surface may seem contradictory. It is just easier for some people to relate to a world where personalities are not complex and where people are "good" or "bad", "smart" or "stupid", "truthful" or "conniving". Bumblefoot is an angel, Beta is evil, Axl is flawless, Slash can never be trusted, and so on. It is especially common here where we all just seem to discuss our own two-dimensional versions of the real people, based on being served two-dimensional stories by the press for years, rather than actually discussing them based on real understanding of how they are like. It is telling that people who actually meets these guys usually starts be telling how surprised they were by how they acted, so different than what they expected.

It results in ugliness. Like people attacking Team Brazil based on nothing but unsubstantiated rumours and their own failed expectations. And the people who are bashed aren't even here to defend themselves against all the attacks. I guess I just think that someone should be mature enough to treat them fairly, or at least give them the benefit of the doubt.

Oh no, I am taking the Internet too seriously again.

Edited by SoulMonster