First concert you ever went to?

Redhead74

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ One of the worst band names I've ever heard of. Who calls their band 'James'?

A band who do their own thing and aren't really concerned with their public image, throughout the late 80s-early 90s they were one of the most innovative, poignant and influential of all the big Manchester bands, but unlike Oasis and the Stone Roses they were never "cool". They were just always James, the oddball kids and that's absolutely why I love them.

Funny, we all have our own journey. I got into rock in the late 80s, so mid to late teens. Then I started clubbing and got into dance music and went to raves and stuff like that in my 20s. Then in my late 20s and early 30s I listened solely to classical music for about 5 years.

OMG, that's me!!!!!!! So funny!!!!! :lol:

Although during all these years I kept listening to Led Zeppelin, Gnr, The Beatles, those never left.

I listened to GNR up until the time I got into classical music, then I pretty much immersed myself in it and stopped listening to everything else (don't know why I did that). When I eventually came back to my old music and heard Don't Cry for the first time again, I cried! Hahaha!

How funny, that we have so many similarities, hey? Even down to our 'Dutchness'! :thumbsup:

Guest Len B'stard

This one..

zjaxd0.jpg

Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, 1975

Been listening to them a bit lately since my boy Dalsh put me onto em, they're pretty fuckin cool y'know. Zappa was an intense motherfucker, i really like his ethic. He's super fuckin' original too and really kinda freaky for his era, it's amazing that he's as big an artist as he is.

How was the gig though?

This one..

zjaxd0.jpg

Been listening to them a bit lately since my boy Dalsh put me onto em, they're pretty fuckin cool y'know. Zappa was an intense motherfucker, i really like his ethic. He's super fuckin' original too and really kinda freaky for his era, it's amazing that he's as big an artist as he is.

How was the gig though?

Gig was fuckin excellent!

Blew my fuckin mind (that was already blown ;) ).

I see this gig listed on audio bootleg lists online, but no one seems to have it.

I'd love to get a copy.

This one..

zjaxd0.jpg

How was the gig though?

I see this gig listed on audio bootleg lists online, but no one seems to have it.

I'd love to get a copy.

What date was the gig, the Oct 1 1975 in Vancouver? This came up on You Tube.

That's awesome. Bongo fury and just another band from la haven't left my cd player in weeks! My first show was collective soul opening for aerosmith at the old orchard beach ball park in Maine. Must have been the get a grip tour? I was born in 86 and was only like 7 at the time. My dads always been a music nut. Loved them at the time although gnr had been my favorite since I was 4 or 5. Got appetite when I was in preschool. Specifically remember my dad getting it for my bday.

That's awesome. Bongo fury and just another band from la haven't left my cd player in weeks! My first show was collective soul opening for aerosmith at the old orchard beach ball park in Maine. Must have been the get a grip tour? I was born in 86 and was only like 7 at the time. My dads always been a music nut. Loved them at the time although gnr had been my favorite since I was 4 or 5. Got appetite when I was in preschool. Specifically remember my dad getting it for my bday.

I've been to Cumberland County Civic Ctr before, nice size venue for concerts. If you got WHEB up there, your dad prob. rode the party bus to Boston.

This one..

zjaxd0.jpg

How was the gig though?

I'd love to get a copy.

What date was the gig?

Dec. 5 1975

London Ontario, The London Arena.