Geoff Tate - no ego on this guy

Jabberwocky

The press kit is just about Tate going on as a solo act, it's pretty funny though.

The best thing about that You Tube clip? The comments.

I think Tate got into wines when he saw Maynard Keenan having lines wrap around Whole Foods on his promotion tour. But it's the ones that sell vodka that are doing it for pure profit.

Some of them want credibility and the Wine Spectator rating in the 90s and be able to expand it out a bit. Maybe not to the Mondavi level, but enough where when they're older, don't have to keep going out and singing for a living.

The only one that's in the booze biz that pisses me off? Vince Neil. Has no business in it and the ethics behind it are fucked up.

I wish Tate would start releasing good music again and just not talk. Love his voice, but seriously, enough. Mind you, if the stories about the recording of Mindcrime II are true, then his former bandmates aren't exactly without ego either.

Edited by Zeppelin

• 4 weeks later...

Queensryche mixed personal and business shit and they've become a fairground band. Geoff going off doing solo stuff before this was a good idea. I'm sure they'll all courting DeGarmo right now, who's another one like Bruce Dickenson.

They'll prob reunite if they have DeGarmo in and Tate's family completely uninvolved, but that's way down the road and might be too old to want to do it.

Tate can just kick back with Maynard James Keenan and compare their Wine Spectator ratings at this point.

Queensryche mixed personal and business shit and they've become a fairground band. Geoff going off doing solo stuff before this was a good idea. I'm sure they'll all courting DeGarmo right now, who's another one like Bruce Dickenson.

They'll prob reunite if they have DeGarmo in and Tate's family completely uninvolved, but that's way down the road and might be too old to want to do it.

Tate can just kick back with Maynard James Keenan and compare their Wine Spectator ratings at this point.

I really wish Tate and DeGarmo would work together again. DeGarmo's songwriting skills allowed Tate to complement the songs perfectly with well-written vocal passages. It's just never been the same without him, and it's really obvious.

I really wish Tate and DeGarmo would work together again. DeGarmo's songwriting skills allowed Tate to complement the songs perfectly with well-written vocal passages. It's just never been the same without him, and it's really obvious.

Tate should have started working on his solo career in the late 90s, and should've kept his family out of band business, but I guess they trusted his decisions at the time.