Axl & Ashba vs. Slash & Myles Kennedy

ChristmasFnatic

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl and Ashba every day of the week.

Not even close.

Axl is 100 times better than Myles at singing. Myles is good at what he does - but he sounds horrible singing GnR songs. I cringed at his Civil War performance on youtube, it was awful.

Slash is a way better guitar player than DJ.

But I mainly ilsten to bands for their singers. So I'd listen to Axl 100 days in a row before one day of Myles.

In a fight?

Who care! They are all too old to be doing that foolish stuff.

DJ is the only who brags about how much ass he kicks. I've never seen Axl, Slash or Myles bragging about fighting.

Edited by Groghan

Not even close.

Axl is 100 times better than Myles at singing.

Dude, Axl can barely sing anymore live. Objectively it's embarrassing. I won't even bother posting examples...we all know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H3nSlRLDhI

I respectfully diisagree. I saw them less than a year ago and Axl was on point all night. I was surprised at how good he sounded.

Sure, there are some extremely embarrasing moments - like at RnR in Nov Rain and Patience. But over all, Axl had a pretty strong year.

At the concert I went to he sounded shaky on a couple songs, but 90% of it he was top notch.

I choose Axl. But it's really close. I like Slash's energy on stage, he really makes you feel the song, than again I love Axl's voice and think he is a great frontman. It has probably something to do with memories also. It's like this; when I see Axl, I wish Slash would be playing as well. When I see Slash, I wish Axl was singing. DJ and Myles are both replaceable Slash and Axl are not. Besides I have seen Slash play many times, but you never know about Axl. That makes it maybe a little more special.

So again, it's really close,

Not even close.

Axl is 100 times better than Myles at singing. Myles is good at what he does - but he sounds horrible singing GnR songs. I cringed at his Civil War performance on youtube, it was awful.

But I mainly ilsten to bands for their singers. So I'd listen to Axl 100 days in a row before one day of Myles.

In a fight?

DJ is the only who brags about how much ass he kicks. I've never seen Axl, Slash or Myles bragging about fighting.

Respectfully disagree, but strictly talking about current day comparisons. In both of their primes, Axl. If this was even about 2010, I'd still say Axl over Myles. But the truth is, Myles has been giving stronger performances on a more consistent basis compared to Axl. Especially with Sweet Child. Axl can't sing that worth a damn now, and sadly, as time goes by, it seems like Axl's voice is on a downwards spiral. You can throw the youtuber thing at me if you'd like, but isn't it weird in most videos of Axl and Myles in 2012, that Myles sounds a lot stronger and energetic? I can understand his voice not being everybody's cup of tea, but speaking technically, he is a really good singer. Certainly better than what Axl's working with as of late.

And needless to say, Slash over Ashba anyday of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Not even close.

In a fight?

Respectfully disagree, but strictly talking about current day comparisons. In both of their primes, Axl. If this was even about 2010, I'd still say Axl over Myles. But the truth is, Myles has been giving stronger performances on a more consistent basis compared to Axl. Especially with Sweet Child. Axl can't sing that worth a damn now, and sadly, as time goes by, it seems like Axl's voice is on a downwards spiral. You can throw the youtuber thing at me if you'd like, but isn't it weird in most videos of Axl and Myles in 2012, that Myles sounds a lot stronger and energetic? I can understand his voice not being everybody's cup of tea, but speaking technically, he is a really good singer. Certainly better than what Axl's working with as of late.

And needless to say, Slash over Ashba anyday of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Did Bobbo do a poo poo in his panties? poor baby.

Live: Slash & Myles

Songwriting: Axl while Ashba sits in the corner and does nothing

Musical style: Slash & Myles

Playing and singing skills: Slash & Myles

Production: Slash & Myles

Overall.. Slash & Myles.

Pretty much this.

I'm not crazy about Myles, but I think he does the vocal parts more justice than DJ does the guitar parts, with his lazy shortcuts and whatnot

i'm voting axl and ashba. sure, i think axl is a sad joke nowadays. but he's still awesome. and i think ashba is the coolest guitarist gnr's had since slash.

i think slash is way more awesome than dj, but i think myles kinda sucks. just a goober with a good technical skill. he's slash's bumblefoot.