Ron about GN'R... this confirms that they r not working on an album or anything..

NachoLZ

If a band member comes on a forum and people ask him REAL questions, you best believe they have that right.

GNR is my fav band but some of you are treating it like its more then a business. Grow up.

This is 2012, we should be so lucky to get to ask questions then having to wait and read them in rolling stone.

Real questions would be great. Even if they aren't shiny happy questions. But read the gibberish that he put up - personal insults disguised as questions. That's not how you conduct an "interview". Unless you're retarded, and a complete asshole.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do u people fight like that! look what he says about GNR, the main topic of this forums, and he is the guitar player!! WTF !

the better video is an official music video. the latest guns n roses music video. the best music video of 2012 and since Estranged

ronald thal is jealous of the better music video cause robin finck is the star of the better video

ron thal is bitter the next chinese democracy is robin songs and bumblefoot originals on a guns n roses record

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I suggest you read the forum rules, because they state the policy on returned members quite clearly.

Fair enough. This is not what was said from the start though. I honestly don't see the point in allowing people to return and then let them be a second class members without the same rights as others. I thought it was supposed to be a fresh restart, but whatever...

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I suggest you read the forum rules, because they state the policy on returned members quite clearly.

Fair enough. This is not what was said from the start though. I honestly don't see the point in allowing people to return and then let them be a second class members without the same rights as others. I thought it was supposed to be a fresh restart, but whatever...

If they don't like it they could just leave, right? They don't have to "endure" the extraordinarily conciliatory and friendly gesture of the admins to allow them back into high society despite their past transgressions which caused them to be banned in the first place. I mean, that would be a lot more decent than remaining here and then making things harder for the nice admins by fucking their hard work up by attacking a band member who took them time to come here and chat with the fans. HV and Subs have gone out of their way to accommodate people and make this place a new start, basically bending over backwards to unite the fans, and then these people treat the forum like this. It's is staggeringly offensive.

My personal opinion, I FULLY supported the move to bring these people back. And for the most part, it has turned out to be a pretty cool idea. That doesn't change the fact that BBA and to a lesser extent Bobbo derailed this thread tonight by acting like idiots, and then compounded the problem by posting the same nonsense over and over again.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Like I said, I don't see the point in saying they're allowed back just to let them be some kind of second class members of the forum. I think that takes away the whole point of it, to be honest.

I think most of you are fans of the band and like interacting with the band. We like it too. :) And some of you are just looking to make trouble from the point you reach out to what you do with the responses. It's pretty unnecessary. Everything's your choice, folks - I'd rather be your friend and get along and have a good time together, not make things negative, have drama, negative attention tactics... not necessary. We'd be more available without all that, and would like to be :)

From a bandmembers point of view. We're not 'the enemy'.

you talk like a fuckin' policeman or some shitty politician :lol:

you're not a gnr member, you're just a mediocre session musician who's in it for the $$$

Edited by Roky

I think most of you are fans of the band and like interacting with the band. We like it too. :) And some of you are just looking to make trouble from the point you reach out to what you do with the responses. It's pretty unnecessary. Everything's your choice, folks - I'd rather be your friend and get along and have a good time together, not make things negative, have drama, negative attention tactics... not necessary. We'd be more available without all that, and would like to be :)

From a bandmembers point of view. We're not 'the enemy'.

you talk like a fuckin' policeman or some shitty politician :lol:

you're not a gnr member, you're just a mediocre session musician who's in it for the $$$

Another stupid cupcake.

I don't see how anyone was really trolling in this thread. There honest questions. and ones people want to know about. Maybe they weren't asked with tact is the main issue?

Because, you blockhead, their intention was not to get serious answers to those questions -- which we already know the answers to -- but to be fucking assholes to Bumblefoot and to ruin a great opportunity for the forum to interact seriously with a band member. That's why it was trolling. No one can blame any band members from never coming here to chat with the "fans" after this pathetic trolling.

The trollers have won: they are one step closer to breaking up the band. The fans have lost.

Not that i agree with bashers, but seriously have you listened to yourself, if a couple of people on some internet forum can break a band up, then fuck there was no band in the first place. And please as if band members interact with us fans anyway, jeez. It's only Bumble's hick ups that create any new news in the last year. And using the word "cupcakes" REALLY HOW OLD ARE YOU ??? its pathetic, if bumble puts that shit out there, expect what has happened tonight. He was'nt here to talk serious band stuff, he was here to cover up mouthing off and getting caught, otherwise he would not even bother with this place, GET REAL !!!!!!!!!

Please read my latest post. I never claimed they would be solely responsible for breaking up the band :D.

And why aren't band members interacting with fans? Why do they stay away from us? ;).

I have never said anything about why Bumblefoot was here, I was referring to how the cupcakes here treated him.

I don't know about age but by just comparing these two posts I do seem to be a lot more mature than you...

Ha ! keep on deluding yourself man, i don't really care about you, so keep fucking your life up Soul Monster.

I think some of these people think that the more they defend NuGNR , they are going to get tickets in the mail one day to go back stage.

Isn't that what HTGTH is?

And soo much for mods treating their relationship with the "band" as second rate compared to it's members like they've been trying to convince us for months then. The OP here, for better or for worse, was the reason Ron even came here tonight. The mods allowed the thread to stay and for the op to post. As soon as Ron started bashing the guy for posting their "joke" conversation it turned into "Yeah fuck that guy! *Boots from chats*". Fucking pathetic.

Couldn't agree more. Pathetic.

+1

Yeah well I'm not going to apologise for running this place in the interests of the majority of members instead of the handful of cupcakes who think they're being censored or hard done by.

If people want to publically talk shit on band members in the hope of getting a reaction for their 5 seconds of attention, then good for them; but I'm not going to let that fly. When band members are doing a Q+A here, we're going to moderate harder and expect members to be on their best behaviour - it's no different to asking people to be extra-polite in the Canter Banter forum.

The fact is, nothing drums up excitement around here like a band member visit. The people trying to cupcake and be rude aren't asking "difficult" questions :rolleyes: - they're just looking for some attention and ruining things for others in the process.

We try and be as flexible when we can with the moderating here, and I think that's pretty evident from the wide-ranging views in this thread alone - but you guys (ESPECIALLY if you're a RETURNED member) are going to have to cut us some slack in these situations (when band members are posting) and drop the shit talk, or you're out the door for good.

We're not going to start censoring you day-to-day, but if you have no interest in the new band and a new band member is posting in a thread or the chat room, then fuck off and let the people that do enjoy the band ask the questions. It's such obvious, blatant trolling and I won't take a second of it next time. BBF could have been answering actual fan's questions instead of wading through tons of drivel.

If it seems like I'm ranting, it's because I am. A few of you guys really pissed me off today and took the sheen off what was otherwise one of the best chats we've managed to have with a band member all year. Disappointing, and somewhat of a slap in the face from some of those people that were thrown a bone and allowed their accounts back earlier in the year. :no:

I'm starting to feel sorry for you, I'm not sure if you are as naive as you come across or just too nice a guy.

cupcakes are only here to be negative and stop the fans of the band from discussing their favourite band in peace. They shit and spew the same garbage across all threads, when new members introduce themselves they are treated like crap and are fed spoonfuls of negativity which makes the chance of a return visit/post very low. Now to finish it all off they cupcake the only member of the band to visit the forum in a looong time which will make the chances of similar chats very unlikely, no one will visit a site to take shit.

P.S. Dont take this personally but your inaction is spoiling the forum and turning it into a clubhouse for 6-8 members (cupcakes). I like the discussion both sides sometimes bring to the table but the trolling of bandmember should be met with an immediate and permanent band if you want the rules to be taken seriously. It is the act that makes most damage to the forum. Wake up!!!!

By the way, when it was announced that the "Returned" members could come back, it was also said that everything in the past was forgotten and we started from scratch, that the Returned group wasn't to point them out, but now HV is saying that he'll have less patience with people from that group of members. Seems unfair to me.

Like BBA said, this was obviously damage control. Bumblefoot seem to be an asshole and the whole nice guy thing he always does feels incredibly false and not the least genuine to me, something he does to be popular.

Not sure why you think what HV said is unfair. If I had a lifetime sentence commuted to probation, I'd be grateful as hell and would make every effort to be an exemplary member of society to show my appreciation for being given that second chance.

As for Ron, he ain't perfect. But guess what, nobody is. If I was in his shoes and everything I wrote or said was under a microscope, I'm damn well sure I'd wind up saying shit that people would jump all over too, jokingly or not. He's nice enough to interact with fans a lot more often than most, that means there is more opportunity for him to say something when he is having a really bad day or maybe after a night of partying when his guard is down or maybe he was on pain meds, who the hell knows what the situation was. But to label him an asshole based on such limited interaction is just wrong. I put a lot more weight on what people who actually know him think about him, and I have yet to hear one bad thing about him from anyone that does know him or has worked with him. Furthermore I have heard nothing but positive opinions about him from fans who have met him.

I've been to aftershows where Ron and five other members of the band have appeared. Some of the bandmembers came and went quickly, and others sat down and talked to just one person they knew the entire time. Ron was one of only two members that stayed the entire time and made it a point to circulate the room and talk with every person that was in that room, happily posing for pictures and giving autographs. That's not something an asshole does, that's something a genuinely nice guy does.

Like I said, I don't see the point in saying they're allowed back just to let them be some kind of second class members of the forum. I think that takes away the whole point of it, to be honest.

Where are you getting this "second class member" crap from?

Have you seen the shit that the admins and mods have let slide around here since Subs bought the place?

Jesus...your precious Madison that you miss so much would have kicked far more serious ass last night for some of the behaviour in this thread and in chat.

And certain others who recently pretended to have befriended Subs, yet went on a spamming spree around the forum last night **cough**.

I know BBA is your lord and saviour around here but what High is referring to is garbage like this..

We should start emailing other "band" members, see if we can get them to talk shit about Axl and his coverband, and post it with the hopes that it finally leads to the demise of this lame ass circus.

THAT'S not what they were looking for when they let certain people return.

They let all the former banned people return and that is their thank-you?

THAT'S taking a huge fucking dump on the guy who is for the most part footing the biils around here.

I'd like to see you explain to Subs what is so acceptable about that and why he should tolerate it.

I think some of you don't get the purpose of moderation...

Just picture Slash or Steven Adler coming to this board to some reason and a few members calling Slash a generic has been or Adler a cracktarded loser.

Wonder what would happen to these members ? Would you be screaming "internet censorship" ?

I'm starting to feel sorry for you, I'm not sure if you are as naive as you come across or just too nice a guy.

cupcakes are only here to be negative and stop the fans of the band from discussing their favourite band in peace. They shit and spew the same garbage across all threads, when new members introduce themselves they are treated like crap and are fed spoonfuls of negativity which makes the chance of a return visit/post very low. Now to finish it all off they cupcake the only member of the band to visit the forum in a looong time which will make the chances of similar chats very unlikely, no one will visit a site to take shit.

P.S. Dont take this personally but your inaction is spoiling the forum and turning it into a clubhouse for 6-8 members (cupcakes). I like the discussion both sides sometimes bring to the table but the trolling of bandmember should be met with an immediate and permanent band if you want the rules to be taken seriously. It is the act that makes most damage to the forum. Wake up!!!!

nobody should give a fuck if axl's employees don't visit the forum. they have nothing to say anyway. the only thing they do is promoting themselves at our expense.

Edited by Roky

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The second class members would be about them not being treated the same as other members. Again - I don't see the point in letting people back if they won't have the same rights as others.

As for Madison, I'm not sure why you bring her up, I haven't mentioned her at all in here. I didn't say anything about how she would have handled the situation.

Me befriending Subs? I've always had respect for him, but I have never pretended that him and me are friends. We've talked maybe five times (if even that) in private. Either way, I certainly didn't spam last night, I was quiet in the chat room all night, because I knew that there are people that were actually excited and cared far more for him being there than I do and I didn't feel like ruin that moment for them.

I never said that Subs should accept anything. You know what? Suspend BBA, ban him, warn him, whatever you think is fair in this. But my point was that it's unfair to take harder action on somebody because he's a "Returned" member than somebody in the normal member group after it was said that all old grudges were forgiven and forgotten.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt