Rolling Stones 50th thread

dalsh327

I think as long as they're all doing okay healthwise, they'll tour next year. They wanted to do these shows just in case they decided not to. They're not saying whether or not Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor are going to be a part of it, but I think it's very likely, but not in 2013 unless they're planning on doing full length albums. I'd love them to do a big tour with Taylor and Wyman and do Exile or Sticky Fingers from beginning to end. Maybe they'll do it the way Springsteen did full length albums in different cities. Mick Jagger complained about the amount of songs they were doing in rehearsals, but the band wanted to make sure the setlists were going to have significant changes for the back to back shows.

If they do it, they're not going to do a ton of shows, so you're prob. right about the tickets being hard to get.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot all about Brooklyn, tbh.

Did you get tickets for yourself, P5?

Not in the general sale. I was in class until 10:30 and it wasn't one I could use my laptop during. But I checked Stub Hub when I got back from class and managed to snag 2 upper bowl seats on the side of the arena for $300 each. So we're set :shades: If you/Zint/anyone else manages to get tickets and wants to carpool part of the way just let me know!

Thanks for the carpool offer, appreciated!

I would have taken you up on it for sure.

Something else came up that night, looks like I'm jamming with some friends at a gig.

I went on Tickmaster for the hell of it at 10am to see if I could pull any Stones tickets up, I clicked on best available.

10:02...nothing left...nothing.

Forgot all about Brooklyn, tbh.

Did you get tickets for yourself, P5?

Not in the general sale. I was in class until 10:30 and it wasn't one I could use my laptop during. But I checked Stub Hub when I got back from class and managed to snag 2 upper bowl seats on the side of the arena for $300 each. So we're set :shades: If you/Zint/anyone else manages to get tickets and wants to carpool part of the way just let me know!

Jeez I paid $150 for 6th row right in front of Keef on opening night at Fenway last tour...This may be the first tour since 1975 I don't go see the Stones as I am not paying $300+ for nose bleeds.........

Congrats on the tickets, man! :thumbsup:

I'll hope for a tour in 2013. :lol:

Thanks...really excited to see them again! Of course...any Maiden tickets that go on sale the rest of this year will have to take a back seat, but it's no problem to get their tickets second hand through FC members for face value :lol:

Have a blast P5..look forward to your pics (and audio?).

Dunno about either of those...I'll be going spoiler-free for sure so audio may not go so well (I'm sure people will be taping every gig though), and the pics will be distant but I'll definitely take some ;) Last time I saw the Stones they had serious security checks, full walk-thorugh metal detectors, making people take everything out of their bags, etc., so that has me worried about doing audio. I think a show like this might be better left to the more serious tapers.

So am I the only person on here who is actually going?

Guest Len B'stard

I wanna know if it's worth turning up at the 02 on the night with a couple of hundred quid looking for a tout. I've never bought tickets off a tout outside the venue before, dunno if i trust em, dunno if there's even gonna be any and i dunno how much they're gonna be.

Thinking to raise £300 and just pop down there...any ideas anyone?

It doesn't hurt Lenny, especially if you have 300 quid. You might be able to get an upper level seat like P5 did.

And here's the other thing, usually people are looking for pairs of tickets, if a tout has one single and it's getting close to show time, you might just get it.

The other thing that can happen (and does)..someone can't make it, lots of times people will be out front not really scalping but just looking to unload a ticket for cost (or close) so they can get inside.

Go there, circulate and keep your ears open.

Approach touts and listen in as they deal with people, maybe strike up a brief chat so they know your price range, if they have a seat left and can't unload at showtime, they'll approach you.

You cam always check at the box office too for last minute cancellations and returns.

Can't hurt to try man!

From Facebook:

"ONE MORE SHOT to witness a part of Rolling Stones history! The final tickets for London have been released, including some extras in the Tongue pit! This is your chance to see legendary former Rolling Stones Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor Official (micktaylor.com) take to the stage with Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood for the first time ever.

Tickets available here:

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Rolling-Stones-tickets/artist/806216?tm_link=artist_artistvenue_module"

I hope this means Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor will be at all of these gigs!!! :D

I hope this means Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor will be at all of these gigs!!! :D

Seeing as the event they chose to film / pay per view is in Jersey, I would think there is a good chance of that!

Good call locking in your tickets at $300...I'm sure prices are about to go through the stratosphere!