Bridge School Benefit Show and Webcast Oct. 20, 2012

gmsugaree

I want to hear There Was a Time.

I really don't think TWAT would translate very well acoustically. Too much going on, the guitars would have to be totally rearranged, too many strings and effects going on, it would completely strip the song of it's soul...

Would not translate well acoustically??. Meaning Axl would just butcher it vocally.

To be honest, Axl butchers it either way :P Other than that very first Hammerstein show in '06, he hasn't been that great on TWAT. But musically, it just wouldn't be the same song. Same could be said for a lot of songs. I know the whole cliche about "a good song will sound good, electric or acoustic", but that's not always true...

I'm confused, Dj tweeted about a live stream tonight, but is there one? I can't seem to find anything indicating it.

There isn't a live stream, DJ got it wrong... B)

Well damn, oh well. Thanks for the info, I was going nuts looking for it.

In his defence, he has since tweeted that fact since his mistake.

It appears he has. I should probably be more observant next time!

Can u cure Strep throat in one day?

Anybody know why GnR had the longest break of all the bands last night?

Axl was probably late or trying to warm up. Would explain why they sent Eddie Vedder out to do an unscheduled 2 song set right before GNR.

Better didnt sound very good acoustic, i was very excited to hear it and when i did, i wasnt impressed...keep that song electric

I agree. The intro sounds great acoustic, but the rest sounds pretty bad.

I didnt even watch the whole song, how was the rest of the show? Axl didnt sound good at all on Better, not sure if it was just that song, but its not made for acoustic at all

So he showed up late to a charity gig, and somehow manages to make Rio look as revolutionary as Dark Side of the Moon? :blink:

And again using the "sick" excuse? :jerkoff:

Axl just needs to learn when to call it a day. Again, another widely exposed opportunity butt fucked by his lack of professionalism. Really, the name's been dragged through the mud enough, just put it out of misery old yeller style.

Carry on. :shrugs:

So he showed up late to a charity gig, and somehow manages to make Rio look as revolutionary as Dark Side of the Moon? :blink:

Axl just needs to learn when to call it a day. Again, another widely exposed opportunity butt fucked by his lack of professionalism. Really, the name's been dragged through the mud enough, just put it out of misery old yeller style.

Axl is the rock god. He will prevail! Muahaha

:)

Maybe the preparation is just getting to much, who knows...think about it, the older you get and the way he sings its tough...but hes been doin this shit his whole life...

Maybe the preparation is just getting to much, who knows...think about it, the older you get and the way he sings its tough...but hes been doin this shit his whole life...

Maybe, but even if that's the case, I think he should just call it a day instead of continuing to further make a public ass of himself. Just my outlook.

Until then; :popcorn:

Have not seen the show yet just got back into town will download it now and take a look at what everyone is on about :thumbsup:

I hope all you cry babies donated something

gg it was rough. yes i donated to watch, yes i was embarassed to be a guns fan.

Maybe, but even if that's the case, I think he should just call it a day instead of continuing to further make a public ass of himself. Just my outlook.

Until then; :popcorn:

But i would rather have him out in about then in hiding for years again, it is what it is...enjoy it while he is still alive

Have not seen the show yet just got back into town will download it now and take a look at what everyone is on about :thumbsup:

I hope all you cry babies donated something

gg it was rough. yes i donated to watch, yes i was embarassed to be a guns fan.

I heard it was, I will have a look in the am after its down downloading, thanks for all the updates though everyone I was away for work and could not watch this show :(

I'm buying the sick excuse.

Tonight he sounds as good as he could under the circumstances.

Same set so far, sweet child and patience were switched.

Crowd picked up during sweet child.

Better does not work acoustic, just saying.

is he going full mickey tonight or is it better?

Neil young onstage

Tough to tell if Mickey or just toning the dynamics down.

It's a Neil young cover. Dunno what it's called, maaaybe down by the river? Just heard words about a river haha

Don't let it bring you down its only castles...that song

"Pretty fuckin awesome." - Axl

Paradise city.