Bridge School Benefit Show and Webcast Oct. 20, 2012

gmsugaree

I saw Axl give a brilliant vocal performance in Birmingham 2010... And then he apologised for his voice being out... Even though he put on a great show. unsure.gif

I traveled from the States to see that show. It was a great performance.

Yea but 2010 was magical. This is 2012.

I saw Axl give a brilliant vocal performance in Birmingham 2010... And then he apologised for his voice being out... Even though he put on a great show. unsure.gif

I traveled from the States to see that show. It was a great performance.

I'll back that up too, I was literally in awe of Axl that night.

I don't get the "Axl doesn't care", "Axl doesn't have the fire anymore" stuff. Go watch a video of You Could Be Mine from any of the shows in the last few years. A man who doesn't care or doesn't have some sort of fire doesn't perform like that. He might not have the "show this band to the world" and "new music" fire that we all want, but I do believe Axl cares, he's just got the weirdest fucking way of showing it.

So this gig continues today, correct? Any word on what has happened so far, are the same acts scheduled to play today as well? What time are Guns scheduled to go on?

Yes, Guns is also playing today. Tonight's show will end much earlier, so GN'R should be on shortly I believe. I think Neil Young + Crazy Horse is supposed to close the show around 9:30 pm.

a friend of mine was at the show last night. no super gnr fan by any means. just a music guy. he said axl was laughably horrible and that many in the crowd were laughing and embarrassed for him. he said some people even left, missing neil young.

Man, that's sad.

I wonder how many female students Axl banged after the show.

really man? they are handicapped

Oh sorry. I didn't know that. whoops.

"An unkempt Axl Rose arrived onstage late, hunched over a microphone stand and huffed his way through tunes that sounded vaguely familiar with a cast of misfits that looked vaguely like a band. His voice and blue jeans equally shredded, Rose forgot the lyrics to his group's biggest hit, "Welcome to the Jungle," and delivered an off-key version of "Sweet Child o' Mine" that most likely had all the dogs within earshot of the concert howling in pain."

I'm sorry I had to laugh at that.

Well, that's bullshit. You can say what you like about the state of Axl's voice, it was definitely a weak rendition of Sweet Child, but he was never off key.

Was this sarcastic? Because if it wasn't go listen to the "performance" of SCOM again, then come back and edit your post about Axl never being off key.

I wanna believe that he's been in the studio alot and that's what's been hard on his voice, 06-10 was a positive point and regardless of if it gets better something good will come out of the sessions. I'm just hoping that "soon" is the word but on axl's calender that could be 15 more years. Guess we'll see what happens, by that point i might not even care.

Edited by Street Of The Blues

I want to hear There Was a Time.

I really don't think TWAT would translate very well acoustically. Too much going on, the guitars would have to be totally rearranged, too many strings and effects going on, it would completely strip the song of it's soul...

I don't get the "Axl doesn't care", "Axl doesn't have the fire anymore" stuff. Go watch a video of You Could Be Mine from any of the shows in the last few years. A man who doesn't care or doesn't have some sort of fire doesn't perform like that. He might not have the "show this band to the world" and "new music" fire that we all want, but I do believe Axl cares, he's just got the weirdest fucking way of showing it.

I believe Axl cares 100% about putting on great shows, and giving his all to the crowd at every show. But baring that in mind, I do believe the last time Axl either cared or was motivated to move GN'R forward artisticily, in having the mindset of taking over the world once again..... In my honest opinion Axl last had that desire and passion throughout 2006, back then it seemed like Axl had a master plan, and I was expecting alot more than was has transpired. :o

I'm confused, Dj tweeted about a live stream tonight, but is there one? I can't seem to find anything indicating it.

There isn't a live stream, DJ got it wrong... B)

Well damn, oh well. Thanks for the info, I was going nuts looking for it.

In his defence, he has since tweeted that fact since his mistake.

a friend of mine was at the show last night. no super gnr fan by any means. just a music guy. he said axl was laughably horrible and that many in the crowd were laughing and embarrassed for him. he said some people even left, missing neil young.

I heard none of what you described and I was there. I saw people leaving, some of my friends did before the show ended, but it was quite cold with the windchill. It became increasingly uncomfortable during the evening.

Ali

I heard none of what you described and I was there. I saw people leaving, some of my friends did before the show ended, but it was quite cold with the windchill. It became increasingly uncomfortable during the evening.

Ali

How did it sound in person?

I want to hear There Was a Time.

I really don't think TWAT would translate very well acoustically. Too much going on, the guitars would have to be totally rearranged, too many strings and effects going on, it would completely strip the song of it's soul...

Would not translate well acoustically??. Meaning Axl would just butcher it vocally.