What's it going to take to get the forum fans excited again?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New music. That's all I really want. Then again not even necessarily new music, but the rest of the initial CD sessions with the Bucket/Finck crew.

W. Axl Rose from Guns N' Roses collaborated with Buckethead on a dozen or so (more) songs and the fans would like to hear them.

Maybe now Axl has to sulk for a few years and write angry songs about Buckethead and Robin abandoning him.

Well, personally....

I'm excited about the Bridge School Benefit

I'm excited about the Vegas shows

I'm excited about Kimmel

I'm excited about the 02 film

I'm excited about the rumours of work on a new album in Vegas

Excited about lots of things. I think it's a really great time to be a GN'R fan, and those that disagree couldn't have been here 5 or 6 years ago.

I agree with all of this. I am also excited that the band keeps on keeping on like some stubborn juggernaut. You never know what will happen next, it keeps me on the edge of my seat.

The acoustic show is the best news of the year. I hope they professionally shoot that....or that we can get good recordings.

The Vegas shows are only exciting if they debut new songs. Otherwise they really are no different than any other show on a tour. Awesome if u are in attendance. Not that thrilling if you are not.

Doing media is cool. Nice to see Axl branching out.

News of a new album in the near future would be the best news I could imagine.

The obvious answer would be reunion.

Oh what a horrible thought. A bunch of middle age men who went their separate ways ages ago who forcibly overcome their differences and animosity just for a pathetic cash grab. Urk. That would be a sad, sad sight indeed.

You don't plan on aging do you, Peter Pan

Oh what a horrible thought. A bunch of middle age men who went their separate ways ages ago who forcibly overcome their differences and animosity just for a pathetic cash grab. Urk. That would be a sad, sad sight indeed.

Was the expression "middle aged men" inaccurate for guys in their 50s?

It's just a weird classification is all. It's like being punished for not dying by demeaning the person.

It's just a weird classification is all. It's like being punished for not dying by demeaning the person.

What I meant to describe was the awkwardness of reuniting when there is an ocean of diverging years, memories, experiences between the band of young adolescent brothers that ruled the world of rock in the 90's and those separate, older 5 men that exist today. They aren't the same any more, they have changed dramatically, and bringing them together would just create a shadow of what once was...and for what? For more money? For pleasing a few selfish fans who can't use the Internet to relive the classics concerts? Nah. It would be a pathetic, sad sight.

When the South American tour was announced, many of the South Americans here were very excited. When the North American tour was announced, many of the North Americans here were very excited. When the European tour was announced, many of the Europeans here were very excited. When the Up Close and Personal tour was announced, many fans from around the world were very excited, although few were able to attend. When the Vegas residency was announced, many fans from around the world were very excited, with even more able to attend.

But, there is a segment of the community here that does not like GNR anymore. Rather than leave in peace, they are here to complain, they are here to ruin the good time of the fans that still enjoy the band. It's a very selfish and destructive segment of the community.

So to generalize and act like the "forum fans" aren't excited or haven't been excited in quite some time, that's not accurate.

And since the vast majority of Randy's topics are cleverly designed to paint the band in a negative light, I can't help but wonder what is missing in his life that he can't find something he LIKES to be passionate about, rather than devoting so much passion to something he DOESN'T like.

:thumbsup:

New music. That's all I really want. Then again not even necessarily new music, but the rest of the initial CD sessions with the Bucket/Finck crew.

W. Axl Rose from Guns N' Roses collaborated with Buckethead on a dozen or so (more) songs and the fans would like to hear them.

Maybe now Axl has to sulk for a few years and write angry songs about Buckethead and Robin abandoning him.

Was Axl angry when he wore that kfc bucket that was thrown on stage? Was he angry when Robin guessed on stage to perform Better once again with the band?

one thing that would get me excited again is the release of an unreleased chinese democracy 2 track as a fresh single for purchase and download on itunes before vegas residency and jimmy kimmel

the chances of that are low, very low my friend

one thing that would get me excited again is the release of an unreleased chinese democracy 2 track as a fresh single for purchase and download on itunes before vegas residency and jimmy kimmel

me too but only if mr Robin Finck doesn't play on it

sincerlEry,

Your Commander In Chief

Edited by mendosa

the chances of that are low, very low my friend

gunns-

why are the chances of it very low?