Exclusive: Axl Rose Interview

Un42nutzly

So does everyone acknowledge now that a Guns reunion is possible? In this interview, along with the RNRHOF letter, he clearly says the ball is not in his court for a reunion. If Slash put out a press release saying "I apologize for these 5 things, I hope Axl apologizes for some things too. I'm sorry to Axl and the fans who I've offended, and I want to rejoin GNR", I would say 99% chance there would be an Appetite-GNR reunion within 6 months. That in itself is doing all Axl asked him to do. Say sorry for the lies he told, and make it known publicly that he'd like to rejoin GNR. And how about the other interview where he said "If there was a reunion, it'd probably only be me, Slash, and Duff". The door is clearly open, hopefully Slash is paying attention and realizes how simple this all really is.

I think it is more complicated than that...Slash has stated many times that there are issues for him that would have to be worked out with Axl before he would ever consider an reunion, treating the others as equals, going on late, etc...

And as Marc has stated in his forum Slash does not feel he has anything to apologize for........... :shrugs:

And I think we are misconstruing it a bit. Axl is saying he could make peace with these guys if they'd just apologize etc. I still do not believe it would lead to a reunion.

Axl loves the band now and can't just destroy what they have, think of his perspective. You think he is going to leave a bunch of guys who have finally led him into a fun "zone" and get back into the problem in which put him in the dark places? I highly doubt it.

And my point is an apology from Slash isn't likley to happen as he doesn't believe there is a reason for one..

And I agree with you in that why would Axl want a reunion? he makes decent money as a nostalgia act and he is master of his domain...it is good to be King..........

He enjoys what he is doing, and I can't wait for an album to come out so that whole "nostalgia act" can go away. Will it? Doubt it.

Holy shit some people like to talk out of their asses

LOL, this. It make some laugh sometimes. Libertad is what sabotaged VR, heh.

No, actually Scott's drug habit and erratic behavior sabotaged VR according to Duff, Matt and Slash.......that is not to say they would have stayed together in any case as Scott had a different musical vision then the rest of the band...IMHO Contraband was lightening in a bottle just as AFD was ..........

And Scott's side of the story? Contraband was a very good record, but not as good as AFD or CD. Libertad.... was a piece of shit.

No, actually Scott's drug habit and erratic behavior sabotaged VR according to Duff, Matt and Slash.......that is not to say they would have stayed together in any case as Scott had a different musical vision then the rest of the band...IMHO Contraband was lightening in a bottle just as AFD was ........

And Scott's side of the story? Contraband was a very good record, but not as good as AFD or CD. Libertad.... was a piece of shit.

As with Axl the question always is do you believe the many telling the same story or the one who contradicts that story? For me I tend to believe the many. If it was Scott's word against Slash you would have an argument but Duff and Matt tell the same story......and it is your opinion that ChiDem was better than Contraband not a fact...I happen to disagree just as I don't think Libertad was a "piece of shit".........

Edited by classicrawker

So does everyone acknowledge now that a Guns reunion is possible? In this interview, along with the RNRHOF letter, he clearly says the ball is not in his court for a reunion. If Slash put out a press release saying "I apologize for these 5 things, I hope Axl apologizes for some things too. I'm sorry to Axl and the fans who I've offended, and I want to rejoin GNR", I would say 99% chance there would be an Appetite-GNR reunion within 6 months. That in itself is doing all Axl asked him to do. Say sorry for the lies he told, and make it known publicly that he'd like to rejoin GNR. And how about the other interview where he said "If there was a reunion, it'd probably only be me, Slash, and Duff". The door is clearly open, hopefully Slash is paying attention and realizes how simple this all really is.

I think it is more complicated than that...Slash has stated many times that there are issues for him that would have to be worked out with Axl before he would ever consider an reunion, treating the others as equals, going on late, etc...

And as Marc has stated in his forum Slash does not feel he has anything to apologize for........... :shrugs:

And I think we are misconstruing it a bit. Axl is saying he could make peace with these guys if they'd just apologize etc. I still do not believe it would lead to a reunion.

Axl loves the band now and can't just destroy what they have, think of his perspective. You think he is going to leave a bunch of guys who have finally led him into a fun "zone" and get back into the problem in which put him in the dark places? I highly doubt it.

And my point is an apology from Slash isn't likley to happen as he doesn't believe there is a reason for one..

And I agree with you in that why would Axl want a reunion? he makes decent money as a nostalgia act and he is master of his domain...it is good to be King..........

He enjoys what he is doing, and I can't wait for an album to come out so that whole "nostalgia act" can go away. Will it? Doubt it.

And I don't disagree mate Axl seems happy as does Slash, Why would they want to get back together and be unhappy again?

Just my opinion but I think if Axl had put out 3-4 album with NuGuns most fans who feel this way would stop seeing the band as a nostalgia act

No, actually Scott's drug habit and erratic behavior sabotaged VR according to Duff, Matt and Slash.......that is not to say they would have stayed together in any case as Scott had a different musical vision then the rest of the band...IMHO Contraband was lightening in a bottle just as AFD was ..........

Scott's side?

unfortunately because of certain people's egos, it… I walked into a situation where there was a lot of baggage. I had a lot of baggage walking into my situation. I was in a band where at the end, it was pretty much three against one. And so I'm pretty sure that it felt that way to Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] as well. I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great GUNS N' ROSES stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with VELVET REVOLVER now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault. It's like, why does it always have to be the lead singer. Matt Sorum in front of my face, he was the sweetest guy in the world. But there were some times, out of the blue, the guy just randomly hated me.

I wish he would stop talking about Slash and all the other idots that quit the band.

I wish he would stop playing (ruining) the music that all the other idiots that quit the band wrote.

Oh wise one, enlighten me, how is that music ruined?

If you actually compare and contrast, this band actually plays it better :P Mainly because the band back then was always trashed and couldn't think of the transition of the next chord XD

I wish he would stop talking about Slash and all the other idots that quit the band.

I wish he would stop playing (ruining) the music that all the other idiots that quit the band wrote.

If you actually compare and contrast, this band actually plays it better :P Mainly because the band back then was always trashed and couldn't think of the transition of the next chord XD

Agreed. GNR are more professional, precise and more talented than ever in 2012.

Well that's arguable.

Professional, how so?

Precise, I can agree, Axl employed band members that could get the job of performing done.

More talented? Technically maybe. But on the songwriting front I disagree, though the proof will be in the pudding once/if the current line-up has released music under the GNR-name.

Well that's arguable.

Professional, how so?

Precise, I can agree, Axl employed band members that could get the job of performing done.

More talented? Technically maybe. But on the songwriting front I disagree, though the proof will be in the pudding once/if the current line-up has released music under the GNR-name.

How are they not professional? They rehearse before every show, then put on 3 hour shows and promote whenever they can with interviews and such. What is unprofessional about them?

We'll see about the song writing when they release the next album. As a unit, that is unknown at the moment. Clear they are more technical.

Lol speaking of people who can't stop talking about Slash...

He is as obsessed with Slash as his idol............

Scott's side?

unfortunately because of certain people's egos, it… I walked into a situation where there was a lot of baggage. I had a lot of baggage walking into my situation. I was in a band where at the end, it was pretty much three against one. And so I'm pretty sure that it felt that way to Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] as well. I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great GUNS N' ROSES stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with VELVET REVOLVER now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault. It's like, why does it always have to be the lead singer. Matt Sorum in front of my face, he was the sweetest guy in the world. But there were some times, out of the blue, the guy just randomly hated me.

Yeah sure Duff, Matt and Slash are all lying about Scott....This is a same BS as you push with Axl, all these people who were there have one story and Axl is the the only one pushing his version of what happened..same with Scott..who else is pushing his version of what happened?...exactly no one.........

Edited by classicrawker

Scott's side?

Yeah sure Duff, Matt and Slash are all lying about Scott....This is a same BS as you push with Axl, all these people who were there have one story and Axl is the the only one pushing his version of what happened..same with Scott..who else is pushing his version of what happened?...exactly no one.........

You're in denial.

Well that's arguable.

Professional, how so?

How are they not professional? They rehearse before every show, then put on 3 hour shows and promote whenever they can with interviews and such. What is unprofessional about them?

We'll see about the song writing when they release the next album. As a unit, that is unknown at the moment. Clear they are more technical.

Axl rehearses before every tour/show?

The rest are ordered to rehearse before a tour/show.

Edited by The Black

Scott's side?

You're in denial.

Indeed.

Scott's side?

You're in denial.

He isn't wrong in what he said, it is actually quite intresting

I love watching people on here fight over this stuff. This forum and the people in it are proof that there will never be world peace. Can't let things go. The old band broke up. It's over. Move on, enjoy the new music from everyone who was ever involved in GN'R or not.

I love watching people on here fight over this stuff. This forum and the people in it are proof that there will never be world peace. Can't let things go. The old band broke up. It's over. Move on, enjoy the new music from everyone who was ever involved in GN'R or not.

Good news is that Axl's not saying he's putting new music on hold or refusing to release new music. I think 2013 will be productive, but they also have to be careful about how much to say,otherwise that "when will it be out" question will start popping up like crazy.

Axl was called an idiot and a loser by Slash, Duff, and Stephanie, or is this how he felt they were coming across to him at the time? I thought it was a "shut up and play" comment. We get that he was destroyed by Stephanie and Erin in court, and the band imploded, 2 strong heads refusing to work with each other, and Duff went with Team Hudson, even though there's interviews of him supporting Axl's music. So is Duff a liar or goes with the side that's winning at the time? Is he spineless or just easygoing?

The "barrage of guitar songs" - I just think he was overwhelmed by the amount of music piling up and got overwhelmed. The AFD way worked, living together helped. They prob. should've gotten out of Hollywood for a few months and jammed as a band. No third parties, no lawyers, no representatives. Duff had that cabin he was getting clean in, would've been perfect.

He's waiting on the apology from Slash, but the Guitar Hero thing, regardless of Slash not being involved, his presence is a big part of it, so it won't happen until that's resolved.

The "recluse" status - it just seemed like he got out more and traveled, cleared his head when he could, and as I've said, figured out how to fly under the radar while being world famous. Go to local places a few times where you're just "regular people" and not an arrogant rock star, they tend to be protective. Works for a lot of older celebs who people see out and about and it's no big deal.

He prob. would do Adam Carolla's podcast, just because he also does one on cars.

The interview didn't really reveal anything except he stands by what he said in Rolling Stone about being abused, but I'm not sure what he expected to come from the RS interview at the time. Maybe it should've been an interview with some org like RAINN and not a music mag.

All I'm saying is I get the vibe that Axl's open to the idea of a reunion with some obvious conditions such as Slash apologizing. I think if at all possible Axl would rather have all this fun, promotion, and good times with the classic GNR lineup. It probably feels like a lost dream to him, but I'm certain he'd rather be playing stadiums instead of areans, writing new music without any "piecemeal, one person here, one person there" b.s, and overall once again being in the biggest band in the world. If classic GNR reunited the band would immediately become the Led Zeppelin/Stones caliber story of the year. I can't see any reason why he would rather have fun with this lineup than old guns. The only reason he's "content" with being the "king" of the operation is because he has nobody else to lean on and doesn't really have a choice.