Exclusive: Axl Rose Interview

Un42nutzly

The odds of a Guns truce: "I feel that ball's not in my court. I'm surviving this war, not the one who created this war."

Best damn news I have heard in quite some time.

I think Axl is just trying to say that it's not his fault in a plausible way. Nothing more than that.

Some of you have really crap memories. When he says the ball's not in his court with regard to a truce he's referring to what Canter said: Slash would have to apologise publically for lying about certain things going back to 1996. If he'd have done this in 2000 then Axl had 3 songs he wanted him to play on on Chinese.

I fucking love this interview. It makes far more sense than some of his massively convoluted answers in the chats and interviews in 2008 about e.g. CD taking so long, his mental state etc. One thing I miss the most (besides regular new music) is the amazing old heart-on-sleeve interviews with RIP, Spin and Rolling Stone. This is the first time since the early 90s he's addressed his psychological issues in an interview.

As for all the blaming, I think some are extending the context. In writing for Chinese, he's likely talking about the mid 90s up to the point he wrote Twat, Catcher, Blues etc in 1999. Not right up to the present day.

As for Stephanie, we know he used to shut down for weeks every year around her birthday. If you can't relate then lucky you. But I know what it's like to be 10 years on from someone and still feel 'there's no one else can ever make me feel i'm so alive'.

And fuck you to the ignorant sycophants who say I just come here to bitch.

I'm glad to see him speaking his mind. The more he speaks, the less shit he has to carry on his back. The less he carries on his back the more things he will be able to do with his life. I hope 2013 will be a productive year for him.

Marc, do you know what Steph, Slash and Duff said to Axl to destroy his songwriting confidence?

I'm glad to see him speaking his mind. The more he speaks, the less shit he has to carry on his back. The less he carries on his back the more things he will be able to do with his life. I hope 2013 will be a productive year for him.

Marc, do you know what Steph, Slash and Duff said to Axl to destroy his songwriting confidence?

And most of all is this true? I would like to know as well.

Songwriting slump: Supermodel girlfriend Stephanie Seymour and original Guns guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan "did more damage to my ability as a writer. To those three, it was all crap. It beat me down so much. At the time of the (Use Your Illusion) tours, Slash and Duff said, 'You're an idiot, you're a loser.' I didn't write for years. I felt I was hindered for a very long time. I was also trying to figure out what I wanted to say, when it's right to be venting and when you're digging a bigger hole. Lyrics on Chinese took a long time."

How the original band might have lasted: "Maybe if we could have worked together in the way Appetite was put together. I was really naïve. I thought the success of that record would bring everyone together more. It did the exact opposite. They got success and wanted to run in their own directions. I thought they'd go, 'Whoa, it did work.' But they wanted to do their own huge bigger success off of Guns."

The odds of a Guns truce: "I feel that ball's not in my court. I'm surviving this war, not the one who created this war."

Now this makes more sense....From that Spin article on Axl back in 2000 or whenever-"He seemed emotionally reserved and a little bit suspicious," says the techno whiz Moby, who spent some time with Axl in California in 1997. "He seemed a little bit like a beaten dog."

Well Axl pretty much turned into Michael Jackson now.

Really? How many children has Axl abused (allegedly)? How many babies has he dangled from balconies?

Its interesting how people keep hating the fact that the guy doesnt talk much and when he does, they still continue to have problems.

Axl Rose in 2012: "New Album, comin' soon"

20 years later:

Use Your Democrazy World Tour '30 - '33

Blue Note Jazz Club, New York - 10/31/2032

Setlist

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

Jam

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Jam

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

- 4tus Solo "new"

Live And Let Die

Jam

This I Love

Better

Shackler's Revenge

Motivation

- Dizzy Reed Solo

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

- DJ Ashba Solo "Mi Amor 6.0"

Sweet Child O' Mine

- Another Brick In The Wall

- Axl Piano Solo

November Rain

- Bumblefoot Solo

Don't Cry

Civil War

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Jam

Nightrain

Jam

Jam

Jam

Paradise City

I do have some gripes though. He is still putting a lot of the blame on the old lineup.

He blames Duff/Slash for his writer's block.

He says they and Izzy brought him guitar parts and expected him to just write lyrics, and they didn't all work as a unit in studio. But honestly, Axl showed up so late after the band had been dicking around and wasting time in the studio for how long? I recall them saying he'd sometimes show up several hours late at like 3 or 4 in the morning. I'd like for once to hear him say it's his fault also.

Edit: Not to mention he pushed to record in Chicago then didn't show up for weeks.

You may be completely missing the point of Axl's words - possibly on purpose, because that ain't hard fo understand. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe he didnt show up because he knew that they'd say 'that sucks, Axl, you suck' and because his confidence was hurt? Claiming how he did not show up doesnt add nothing to the discussion - in fact sounds like yet another desperate cupcake attempt.

Regarding the Seymour thing, I guess you people never had friends or girlfriends. I'll give you an easier example so you may understand now. Lets say Im a footballer and I in fact listen to my girlfriend more often than I list to people that I work with - she is hurting my confidence claiming how I'm not doing well, how I cant score goals at all, and on top of that, my team mates tell me that the team isnt doing well because I'm the one to blame. My confidence is already hurt because my girlfriend made me feel bad, and now my two best friends go on claiming that I suck. If im not in good spirits I might even not show up for training sections and games.

See? Easy to understand.

That might be plausible ... and yet he still did show up. Just hours upon hours late. By that time, if I remember correctly, Slash said he and Duff would split and go hang out at the titty bar or wherever. Point being, if his confidence is so shattered by Duff/Slash, then he probably wouldn't have shown up at all. But he did. On his own time. All the while wasting other peoples' time and money. That doesn't make for a very good working environment.