Bumblefoot hints at something!

tsunta

LOL @ "exact quote" Gimmie a break...

He may have said something who knows but people like to make things seem way bigger or worse than they are, people don't always lie but more often than not exaggerate plenty. Just because the dude met BBF don't mean BBF said what he said he said...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so typical of this board to immediately assume anyone saying anything about personal encounters with band members is full of shit. Some of you just don't want to believe that anyone ever tells the truth. I mean, sure, I can see someone making something up for the sake of getting attention, but I think it's just as likely that they really are telling the truth. Some of you, (I'm mostly referring to Desperado) just fight tooth and nail to dismiss everything as lies.

Ron's not leaving, this is all being blown out of proportion.

He said that "there was something being tried I knew wouldn't work, no one dug & I got fed up & refused to get on stage with it..." he also added that it was all good, everything is fine.

If anything, it's evidence that the guys in the band don't just say "yes" to absolutely everything and that they all get a degree of input as to what goes on. No need to assume the worst.

Ron's not leaving, this is all being blown out of proportion.

He said that "there was something being tried I knew wouldn't work, no one dug & I got fed up & refused to get on stage with it..." he also added that it was all good, everything is fine.

If anything, it's evidence that the guys in the band don't just say "yes" to absolutely everything and that they all get a degree of input as to what goes on. No need to assume the worst.

For sure, they do not just take orders like that, they have a place and it is a good thing

I wonder what it was, must have been pretty lame... what super lame kinda things do pop bands do on stage these days?

Sorry for the disappearing posts guys, but they were taking this topic in a direction it doesn't need to go. Please keep the personal insults out of it. As for the "evidence", the incident did happen - but the interpretation of the situation was a little off.

Which is exactly why context is important.

Ali

A fan posted an honest account of his encounter with Bumble. It would be nice to have more context. HV seems to know what happened. Maybe he can provide that context?

A disagreement about an aspect of the show. Bumblefoot didn't want to do it, stood his ground and blew off some steam. That's it.

A fan posted an honest account of his encounter with Bumble. It would be nice to have more context. HV seems to know what happened. Maybe he can provide that context?

A disagreement about an aspect of the show. Bumblefoot didn't want to do it, stood his ground and blew off some steam. That's it.

Where is that information from?

The man himself.

EDIT: He asked me to post it after I emailed him.

I mean, i'd call bull shit if bumble didn't say shit like this multiple times. You can only take it back and say you were joking so many times.

This. I personally think that Bumble still works for Axl because he has no other alternatives in terms of the money he makes and the heaps of medical bills he probably has piling up. Personally I think he would have been gone by now if it wasn't for the car accident based on his constant shit fits.

Where is that information from?

The man himself.

EDIT: He asked me to post it after I emailed him.

Awesome. Thanks HV for getting Bumble's side of the story. Since Bumble's side of the story doesn't contradict anything the fan said, when you wrote "the incident did happen - but the interpretation of the situation was a little off" who were you saying misinterpreted the situation?

Wow, are you trying to be cute again? I clarified for the people that were speculating as to why it may have been taken off HTGTH, or whether BBF was serious about it being "the last photo he'd ever take in this band".

I'm the wrong guy to be playing this game with, you should try and see. :lol:

I can understand his frustration. Imagine how much time the band members spend learning all the songs, rehearsing them together, and then never playing a portion of the songs that they spent a lot of time working on. Every night there is a possibility that they could play something different and when Axl hits the stage it's always hits and album tracks that are played at almost every show. In my opinion when he said he was tired of the "pop" he meant doing the same old thing which is what every pop tour is - nothing too exciting and nothing much out of the ordinary from show to show.

I mean, i'd call bull shit if bumble didn't say shit like this multiple times. You can only take it back and say you were joking so many times.

This. I personally think that Bumble still works for Axl because he has no other alternatives in terms of the money he makes and the heaps of medical bills he probably has piling up. Personally I think he would have been gone by now if it wasn't for the car accident based on his constant shit fits.

Agreed. Part of me thinks that he should just shut up and not marginalize what he and the group is doing. If he's joking or not, he doesn't seem to take gn'r *that* seriously. But then again he has the right to say whatever the fuck he wants to say, but one day saying shit like this will have actual consequences.

Agreed. Part of me thinks that he should just shut up and not marginalize what he and the group is doing. If he's joking or not, he doesn't seem to take gn'r *that* seriously. But then again he has the right to say whatever the fuck he wants to say, but one day saying shit like this will have actual consequences.

I think you'll find his constant "shit fits" are a direct result of the pain he's in from the accident and not the other way around...

EDIT: And as for "consequences"... he's clearly not afraid of upsetting Axl, which is a good (and healthy) thing for the band.

I think you'll find his constant "shit fits" are a direct result of the pain he's in from the accident and not the other way around...

EDIT: And as for "consequences"... he's clearly not afraid of upsetting Axl, which is a good (and healthy) thing for the band.

I don't think you're wrong, but at some point the pain won't be an okay excuse anymore. I'm not saying that point is now, but I don't know. I just don't think it is a good look. A "don't shit where you eat" sort of thing I suppose.

Wow, are you trying to be cute again? I clarified for the people that were speculating as to why it may have been taken off HTGTH, or whether BBF was serious about it being "the last photo he'd ever take in this band".

I'm the wrong guy to be playing this game with, you should try and see. :lol:

How am I trying to be cute? I'm not allowed to think it's fucking awesome that you were able to get Bumble to clarify? Why are you threatening me right now?

Oh, give me a break. Do I need to spell it out? The two incidents (the FB post and the storming off) were not related.

I think it's also about his unhappiness about the current state of the nu group as well. His past rants have indicated this. I think, and this is only my opinion, Axl puts up with it for now because he doesn't want to go through the hassle of replacing, yet, another guy, and adding fuel to the "revolving door of musicians" fire. But eventually, I think enough will be enough with these public rants somehow...

This is what; the third or fourth time something like this has happened in a six month span?

I don't think you're wrong, but at some point the pain won't be an okay excuse anymore. I'm not saying that point is now, but I don't know. I just don't think it is a good look. A "don't shit where you eat" sort of thing I suppose.

No, I think the accident has permanently changed him - he's a lot more prone to snapping and he doesn't take as much shit anymore. Still an impossibly nice guy though....

I don't think he's shitting where he's sleeping; he said "nobody" dug what was being suggested. For all we know, management or the venue had suggested something and nobody in the band dug it. I just think fans are used to such a cone of silence around the band that when a member speaks out and actually has a personality or a viewpoint, it surprises people and makes them over-react into thinking something is wrong. I think it's just a sign that some of the guys are starting to take some ownership of decisions... it's nothing but a good thing IMO.

Oh, give me a break. Do I need to spell it out? The two incidents (the FB post and the storming off) were not related.

So you're threatening me because I appreciate that you were able to find out more information for the community? I'm seriously confused. You talked to Bumble and now say the two incidents were not related. My reponse to that is: THANK YOU!

And your response to my appreciation is to threaten me? What am I missing here?

You asked me to clarify a one line explanation 3 times. What am I missing there? Stop derailing yet another thread.

No, I think the accident has permanently changed him - he's a lot more prone to snapping and he doesn't take as much shit anymore. Still an impossibly nice guy though....

I don't think he's shitting where he's sleeping; he said "nobody" dug what was being suggested. For all we know, management or the venue had suggested something and nobody in the band dug it. I just think fans are used to such a cone of silence around the band that when a member speaks out and actually has a personality or a viewpoint, it surprises people and makes them over-react into thinking something is wrong. I think it's just a sign that some of the guys are starting to take some ownership of decisions... it's nothing but a good thing IMO.

I don't think his willing to make suggestions is a bad thing at all, I'm more referring to the "last photo of me in this fucking band" and "I don't give a shit it's axl's band" (i know thats not the direct quote but i think that was the gist) sort of stuff. I totally feel for the guy, he's in a shit position honestly. It's not secret that even before joining the band this isn't the kind of music that really gets him going. But it was an opportunity to make a lot of money and travel around the world. But now he's locked into it because he has to pay for treatments (that's speculation of course but I think a fair assumption). That can't be a good feeling.

However I don't think Axl is necessarily in a position to dump him either. He does add a good bit to the group and Axl is probably tired of band turnover.

I don't think his willing to make suggestions is a bad thing at all, I'm more referring to the "last photo of me in this fucking band" and "I don't give a shit it's axl's band" (i know thats not the direct quote but i think that was the gist) sort of stuff.

Look I agree that he could probably work on that stuff, but you could just as easily chalk that up to either "heat of the moment" commentary (exacerbated by his shorter fuse) or him joking around. It's usually one of the two. By the end of the last tour, I think the pain from his back + playing had him at his wit's end, so the added frustration that comes with GN'R being a dysfunctional band had definitely started to spill over. He just lets fly sometimes.

I totally feel for the guy, he's in a shit position honestly. It's not secret that even before joining the band this isn't the kind of music that really gets him going. But it was an opportunity to make a lot of money and travel around the world. But now he's locked into it because he has to pay for treatments (that's speculation of course but I think a fair assumption). That can't be a good feeling.

I think there's more sincerity in him being in the band than that. That may have been his thinking coming into the group, but wouldn't you say he's pretty "into it" now? If it was just for the paycheck, why would he care about the setlist? Or the image of the band on stage (rock vs a pop group)? Or spend so much time writing to fans? I just think the idea that he's locked into GN'R because of his medical bills is extraordinarily pessimistic, and there's as much evidence to support the contrary as there is to support that idea.

However I don't think Axl is necessarily in a position to dump him either. He does add a good bit to the group and Axl is probably tired of band turnover.

Agreed.