SiriusXM Radio Live Broadcast of Nov. 09 Show + Audio Remaster

evader

Sadly showmanship will never guarantee him musical ability and that is what matters. I am hoping for something decent from him in studio because live he couldnt get any worse. Ashba could steal the show if we are talking about people who put image (showmanship to be honest because his image couldnt get worse as well) above musicianship. He is playing easy solos! He shouldnt be sloppy at all. A mistake here and there, ok, that happens. But his mistakes are probably lack of concentration - he focus way too much on his showmanship. You can see him smiling and waving to girls and missing notes all the time.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly showmanship will never guarantee him musical ability and that is what matters.

As a live musician musical ability isn't what matters. You are simply wrong. ALL that matters is whether he entertains the audience. This could be achieved through many skills, musical ability one of then, showmanship another. I am sure you are one of those guys who only pay attention to the isolated music while in concert and disregards all the other factors that make a concert enjoyable to most people. That is fine. But everybody just isn't like you. Some people care less about how Dj bends the notes or whether he has the right tone or whether he misses a solo here and there, but whether he gives a great show. That is just how it is. Personally I don't like it, I am much to fond of the music itself to disregard sloppy playing and I grimace when I hear big blunders, but at least I have the understanding that a great show to most people is a result of a much more complicated equation than mere musical ability. It is all about having a great time and few people are so obsessed with musical prowess that they will let some slip-ups ruin the fun.

Edited by SoulMonster

When I got to see them I enjoyed as much as anyone but that never prevented me from getting too annoyed by Ashba's mistakes. They should win crowds over with their musicianship, not showmanship. Do you remember in 2006 at Download when Ron was alone with his foot guitar on stage while the crowd was extremely hostile and he won them over playing Dont Cry? Sorry, I go to rock concerts to watch rock shows, not a circus. I am there to hear them play. I'd rather to go to a concert with no pyro but kickass music than watch a great visual concert with average musicianship. Thats just me though. I am worried about music and that Ashba cant deliver. Shame on me for wanting to hear a proper guitar solo instead of a 40 year old dressed like a 15 year old emo girl putting his hands behind his ears.

When I got to see them I enjoyed as much as anyone but that never prevented me from getting too annoyed by Ashba's mistakes. They should win crowds over with their musicianship, not showmanship. Do you remember in 2006 at Download when Ron was alone with his foot guitar on stage while the crowd was extremely hostile and he won them over playing Dont Cry? Sorry, I go to rock concerts to watch rock shows, not a circus. I am there to hear them play. I'd rather to go to a concert with no pyro but kickass music than watch a great visual concert with average musicianship. Thats just me though. I am worried about music and that Ashba cant deliver. Shame on me for wanting to hear a proper guitar solo instead of a 40 year old dressed like a 15 year old emo girl putting his hands behind his ears.

You sir, have won the internet.

I hear you, I too would prefer that Dj was better, but saying musicianship is all that matters or that he should excuse himself for not being better is something I can't agree with.

I hear you, I too would prefer that Dj was better, but saying musicianship is all that matters or that he should excuse himself for not being better is something I can't agree with.

He only made mistakes here and there here in Rio, he was OK/good then. He should concentrate (rehearse, perhaps?) more so he'd focus on his playing instead of showmanship. I wouldn't mind at all if he was the most incredible showmanhip to ever take a stage if his playing was good enough live, but thing is... it isn't. And then he probably tries to make up for his flaws and that's when things get pretty annoying because he tends to fuck up even more when waving, smiling and pointing at girls (or guys, I dont really know).

This is how you should win crowds over...

You sir, have won the internet.

Thanks for the laugh... :rofl-lol:

:lol:

Thomas and I had a fucking blast last night.

So please, give us a review from your point of view?

Maybe the band was to busy, celebrating DJ's birthday, maybe they had to much to drink? What was your experience?

Did you notice the voice and DJ's many mistakes?

Edited by MBRose

I'm a DJ fan since the first Sixx:A.M. album, and he used to actually be pretty cool on stage, on the Sixx:A.M. tour until almost the end of the Canada 2010 tour, but since about South America 2010 he's been trying waaaay too hard. He makes just noise in the middle of Jungle but he thinks he looks cool running from one side of the stage to the either with his guitar upside down above his head...

This.

Ashba was very inconsistent to the point it was embarrasing he should start practicing not running around the stage every 2 seconds and concentrate on playing the right notes.

I like DJ, but I honestly don't think he's technically talented enough to fill his role. I'm hopeful he'll pay off in the studio, and he's awesome to watch, and great with fans and publicity, but he's a VERY generic and sloppy player. He takes so many shortcuts when it comes to playing so many things. I play guitar, so my instinct is to watch how these guys are playing, and 90% of the time, he's playing very basic chords and power chords. Other than his solos, I truly think he could not be playing, and between Ron and Richard, you really wouldn't be able to tell. His sound isn't distinct or powerful enough to make a difference. But I've met the guy a few times, super impressed with him personally, and there are some things he does a great job at, but I think studio stuff is where he'll either make it or break it...

So it's ok ashba was bad because it's his birthday and he was drunk?

So truckers and bus drivers can drive drunk and kill people if it's their birthdays?

Lumber jacks can cut down trees and land them on people's houses because it's their birthday and they're drunk?

It's Dj's job, I would like to see you guys go in to work drunk on your birthday and mess everything up and get away with it.

So truckers and bus drivers can drive drunk and kill people if it's their birthdays?

Lumber jacks can cut down trees and land them on people's houses because it's their birthday and they're drunk?

It's Dj's job, I would like to see you guys go in to work drunk on your birthday and mess everything up and get away with it.

He's not a lumberjack and he's not a bus driver, he's in a rock band. :blink:

Yes, I would say it's more or less acceptable to play a show drunk every once in a while, Pitman is drunk most of the time he's on stage from what I can see.

I'm just saying, people that are using last night's show as the "yardstick" for a DJ performance could probably also take that it was his birthday into account and he may have been drunk. What a lumberjack letting a tree fall on a house has to do with that is beyond me.

wow. a drunk member in a rock n roll band. I guess one of the reasons these guys did not become bus drivers.

He's not a lumberjack and he's not a bus driver, he's in a rock band. :blink:

Yes, I would say it's more or less acceptable to play a show drunk every once in a while, Pitman is drunk most of the time he's on stage from what I can see.

I'm just saying, people that are using last night's show as the "yardstick" for a DJ performance could probably also take that it was his birthday into account and he may have been drunk. What a lumberjack letting a tree fall on a house has to do with that is beyond me.

I'm not going to compare playing in a band to something serious like a bus driver or construction worker. The OG band flubbed all the god damn time and people seem to over look it. Duff/Slash/Izzy were blasted out of their minds most of the time and would fuck up a whole lot. I'm not upset over rock stars coming into shows drunk or something. Comes with the show. But Pittman isn't the nominal lead guitar player of the band and his sloppy drunkeness isn't never audibly noticable except for the live streams last year when he was weirdly high in the mix. You can't hear him at all all show live. Or on recordings. His fuck ups won't ruin songs or the show for anyone.

But dude's getting drunk and flubbing stuff happens. Not a big deal.

But Pittman isn't the nominal lead guitar player of the band and his sloppy drunkeness isn't never audibly noticable except for the live streams last year when he was weirdly high in the mix. You can't hear him at all all show live. Or on recordings. His fuck ups won't ruin songs or the show for anyone.

Although you're right... it doesn't sound like you heard "Paradise Synthy" last night. Pitman was very audible. :lol: