Is Axl a fan of American Beauty?

GNR 1991

The two covers he loves doing these days ("Don't Let It Bring You Down" and "The Seeker") are both featured in the movie American Beauty... I thought it was a strange coincidence. I personally love the movie, but that's irrelevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak9RXFTTLA

The DLIBYD version in the movie is Annie Lennox's cover, which is p cool. Edited by RussTCB

Good film, remember seeing this at the cinema on release. Kevin Spacey is just excellent as always. My favourite film of his is Swimming with Sharks. Great film, great theme tune. I got in touch with the guy behind the theme tune (Swimming with Sharks - Opening) and it was out of print. The guy has his own website and bothered to burn me out a copy, signed the disc and threw in a couple of his other albums (Sierra Sunrise, The Road Home). Originally I paid via the website for a copy of the motion picture soundtrack, but it was unavailable. His name, Tom Hiel.

Edited by star
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Lester Burnham - "Both my wife and daughter think I'm this gigantic loser and they're right, I have lost something. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I know I didn't always feel this... sedated. But you know what? It's never too late to get it back."

Probably my favorite quote from the whole movie... and I always hoped Axl would have this kind of moment...

Like he's been sedated and he's finally waking up again

Holy shit, I thought the same thing dude:

The film has vivid guns and roses imagery. If you look at the scene where Kevin Spacey is killed it alternates between the gun at his head and the roses on the table. The two covers GNR played on tour last year both feature in American Beauty, The Seeker and Don't Let It Bring You Down.

Holy shit, I thought the same thing dude:

The film has vivid guns and roses imagery. If you look at the scene where Kevin Spacey is killed it alternates between the gun at his head and the roses on the table. The two covers GNR played on tour last year both feature in American Beauty, The Seeker and Don't Let It Bring You Down.

Nice discovery there.

But please, user spoiler tags.