No GNR on top tours of the 2012 :(

ruttu69

really? wow. i would have expected more. how many dates did gnr play last year? i know it feels like they've been on tour a lot. but has it been a lot of shows? or just long lapses between small legs of the tour?

it'd be funny if nugnr's 'touring juggernaut' made less money than 'how to train your dragon live.' i hope there's some catch to the stats that's not apparent to me.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

The majority of their 2012 shows were club-shows so I'm not really that surprised.

This. Relatively small number of tickets available considering the number of shows they played.

Surprised The Stones were 35th, would've expected them to be higher given the ticket prices, even though it was only 5 arena gigs.

well, i do think axl would have booked bigger venues with more tickets if he could. he's touring to make money. a show may be billed as 'up close and personal,' but don't kid yourself... that small show wasn't favor to you... it was an economic reality... you guys make it sound like touring all year in smaller venues and making less money than 'how to train your dragon live' was all part of his master plan or something.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

Interesting. Gotta figure the majority of Metallica's revenue is just from Orion, no?

Guns only really toured "normally" in Europe this year, all the US stuff was theatre-sized shows [uCAP, Vegas]. Not surprising :shrugs:

I believe Metallica were happy just to break-even with their Orion Festival. Costs alot of money to organise something like that for the first time.

I didn't know Metallica had their own festival! I'm not really a fan of their music, but I respect how slick their operation has always been. You have to give Lars credit there. Those guys own their own masters, have their own label and festival. Imagine what GNR would have been doing once they reached legacy status. I reckon they'd have a festival too, and with the way rock has demised, they'd be even more well regarded and powerful within the industry.

Edited by Babooshka

I didn't know Metallica had their own festival! I'm not really a fan of their music, but I respect how slick their operation has always been. You have to give Lars credit there. Those guys own their own masters, have their own label and festival. Imagine what GNR would have been doing once they reached legacy status. I reckon they'd have a festival too, and with the way rock has demised, they'd be even more well regarded and powerful within the industry.

I dont listen to them much anymore, but really respect the fact that they continually release new music for their fans.

i dont know why everyones surprised. seems like this is for the united states alone. all we had was the UCAP tour and Vegas Residancy. Thats like 20 shows in total in clubs and theaters.

Edit: Oh shit, it is worldwide. Now I'm surprised. They've played a ton of places in 2012 and it seems attendence was decent. Oh well

Edited by ZoSoRose