Why do people act as if nobody gives a shit about a new GNR album from the current band?

Towelie

ask 1000 strangers what their favorite song from chinese democracy was. their blank stares will provide all the answers you need as to chinese democracy II's release date.

Ask 1000 strangers what their favourite song from Use Your Illusions II was and they'd give you the same blank face. General public don't know shit. Your arguement is null and void.

HRS = pwned.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ask 1000 strangers what their favorite song from chinese democracy was. their blank stares will provide all the answers you need as to chinese democracy II's release date.

Ask 1000 strangers what their favourite song from Use Your Illusions II was and they'd give you the same blank face. General public don't know shit. Your arguement is null and void.

HRS = pwned.

I know of at least 15-20 people in my circle of friends who would definately know a song from UYI II, while they don't know a single song from CD.

GNR with UYI used to be extremely popular and people of a certain age group do know its songs. CD was never that popular.

then i guess you'll show me up. i'm sure you'll be blasting chinese democracy 2 in no time.

HRS = pwned.

I know of at least 15-20 people in my circle of friends who would definately know a song from UYI II, while they don't know a single song from CD.

GNR with UYI used to be extremely popular and people of a certain age group do know its songs. CD was never that popular.

I know you're just on trolling autopilot, but perhaps when you have a chance, you might wanna, y'know, take the time to actually read and process the part where he said "1000 strangers." But thanks for telling us about "15-20" of your "friends."

i'll bet if you asked a thousand strangers if they new november rain, you'd get plenty of happy replies. but try asking that with... i don't know, what was the most popular song form chinese democracy? better? okay, ask a thousand strangers if they ever heard better. then try to remember their blank stares next time you awaken at night, angry and confused as to why there's no sequel to chinese democracy.

then i guess you'll show me up. i'm sure you'll be blasting chinese democracy 2 in no time.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

yeah, people know and love guns n' roses. i think the label would be happy to get an album from that band. but all axl's dangling is outtakes from the darkest chapter in the band's history. thus, a stalemate. since axl holds no cards other than the one he refuses to play, expect no progress.

Not starting on you but that is rather silly, There is very few bands that a random 100 people would know anything about, If you asked many gnr fans about chinese democracy they would know the answers, because they are gnr fans. If you asked me a Garth Brooks track title i would not have a clue, as i'm not a fan of his. When i was at Reading 2010 the majority of the crowd were college kids, and even they knew about cd songs, because most of them, when Sorry came on said " Fuck this, let's go and get a beer". Edited by bionic56

i'll bet if you asked a thousand strangers if they new november rain, you'd get plenty of happy replies. but try asking that with... i don't know, what was the most popular song form chinese democracy? better? okay, ask a thousand strangers if they ever heard better. then try to remember their blank stares next time you awaken at night, angry and confused as to why there's no sequel to chinese democracy.

Time to come back to reality. I know you probably don't know much about the world of statistics, but your entire argument is predicated on asking people of a certain age group. Otherwise... hate to break it to ya, Chinese Democracy and Use Your Illusion are just about equal in terms of obscure trivia for random strangers.

Oh and.. you're the one who stays awake at night, angry and confused, posting relentlessly on a message board about a band you no longer like. Whoops! Reality stings, doesn't it? Keep posting, fiercely promoting your agenda. Of what again? Oh yeah right, to make sure people know that UYI was more popular than CD. Got it. :jerkoff:

Edited by brainsaber

Reality is, joe public don't know a single song from Chinese Democracy. All Axl has left are a small circle of fans. The record companies are probably aware of this. Songs from AFD and UYI still feature on the airways day and day out bringing in the cash. It would be interesting no know how Chinese Democracy compares.

Reality is, joe public don't know a single song from Chinese Democracy. All Axl has left are a small circle of fans. The record companies are probably aware of this. Songs from AFD and UYI still feature on the airways day and day out bringing in the cash. It would be interesting no know how Chinese Democracy compares.

Goodness fuckin sake, every band has a circle of fans, jeez ! And seriously if Axl's circle of fans were so small, why would he be able to tour the world every year. You are just being an idiot and talking utter rubbish like most here. Axl and Guns N' Roses are still quite big, no band today rules like the old days, there is far too much competition today, there are bands today who can put all their material on the net and don't even need record labels ect. Seriously some of you guys have no idea how stupid you are coming across. I would actually take your points happily, if gnr were confined to small gigs in a small part of the world, but they travel all over and perform in front of 1000s of people.

Nobody knows a song off Exile on Main St. If you stop someone in street.

Newsflash if you like rock you are an outcast your not a majority. 100 Million records amounts to a couple of cities in world. Nuke LA and Rio and thats all the GNR fans gone forever. Nobody care.

Aside from the Internet Nü GN'R diehards -- no one cares for new material. Sorry, guys. Y'all can do your Internet Warrior Best. It will not change reality.

Aside from the Internet Nü GN'R diehards -- no one cares for new material. Sorry, guys. Y'all can do your Internet Warrior Best. It will not change reality.

Serious promotion by Axl will be vital for the INITIAL success of any new GNR album. However, the most important factor will be the music. If he can deliver some singles that are as enthralling and magical as the best of 'Appetite' and 'The Illusions,' then there is a real shot at mainstream success. Greatness isn't easily held down, regardless of promotion or 'current popularity.' Truly great songs seem to have a way of bubbling up to the surface and universally connecting with people.

I love Catcher it can have so many meanings to me and it is very easy to listen to. I think SOD and TIL are better rock singles. Not as epic though. If SOD had the sound of Catcher and solo of TIL then we'd have a keeper.

Goodness fuckin sake, every band has a circle of fans, jeez ! And seriously if Axl's circle of fans were so small, why would he be able to tour the world every year. You are just being an idiot and talking utter rubbish like most here. Axl and Guns N' Roses are still quite big, no band today rules like the old days, there is far too much competition today, there are bands today who can put all their material on the net and don't even need record labels ect. Seriously some of you guys have no idea how stupid you are coming across. I would actually take your points happily, if gnr were confined to small gigs in a small part of the world, but they travel all over and perform in front of 1000s of people.

I stopped reading at: 'Guns N' Roses are still quite big..' - Guns N'Roses split up years ago..

If you were ever lucky enough to see the original band live on a good night in a huge arena (not a music festival) environment like I have you will know they were electric. Years later I checked out the Robin Buckethead line up live, and it did not compare. Something was really missing. It might have had something to do with the fact were were watching a cover band.

I've seen so many ridiculous comments on here, such as "nobody outside of 20 fans on this board care about an album from the current band" etc. Axl's detractors love to belittle the current line-up, but the truth is, if Axl released a new GNR album this year, it would undoubtedly go top 5 in both the US and the UK album charts and probably sell a similar amount to CD, maybe more if it were promoted better.

It wouldn't even get in the top 30. This band proved enough what their up to, playing the nostalgia act night after night.

Thats why This I Love and Street of Dreams are rock classics.

To the ears of a "fan" maybe but not to the average Jack on the street.

HRS = pwned.

Me too. People who I would never have guessed were Gunners fans (and today aren't) were into them back in the UYI days. As one of my friends said 'everybody loved them back then'. She wouldn't have a clue about anything they've done lately.

I mentioned to my brother-in-law that GNR were (hopefully) coming to OZ for a show in March (not looking likely now :() and his exact words were: "is Axl coming with Slash?". I replied "er....no". That's how out of touch most people are nowadays. His response was "count me out then". :shrugs:

HRS = pwned.

Me too. People who I would never have guessed were Gunners fans (and today aren't) were into them back in the UYI days. As one of my friends said 'everybody loved them back then'. She wouldn't have a clue about anything they've done lately.

I mentioned to my brother-in-law that GNR were (hopefully) coming to OZ for a show in March (not looking likely now :() and his exact words were: "is Axl coming with Slash?". I replied "er....no". That's how out of touch most people are nowadays. His response was "count me out then". :shrugs:

Well we don't care about Slash not being there, we will still go and enjoy the concert. What makes you think they might not be coming? DJ tweeted about coming a couple of days ago.

I've seen so many ridiculous comments on here, such as "nobody outside of 20 fans on this board care about an album from the current band" etc. Axl's detractors love to belittle the current line-up, but the truth is, if Axl released a new GNR album this year, it would undoubtedly go top 5 in both the US and the UK album charts and probably sell a similar amount to CD, maybe more if it were promoted better.

It wouldn't even get in the top 30. This band proved enough what their up to, playing the nostalgia act night after night.

no I think the average Jack would think these are GNR singles without thinking.

When you ask any person on the street if they know these songs how many will say they do?

When you ask any person on the street if they know these songs how many will say they do?

Thats not what I was saying. I mean if they heard them theyd think thats pretty much a GNR song. Whereas if they heard Scraped or Prostitute it would be that obvious. Personally if you played This I Love to someone who like SCOM and Nov Rain theyd like it. I dont mean classic rock fans who think they are Free bird and Layla just average people that buy cds. Thats prob the the problem the peopke who bought AFD and UYI for those above songs dont care anymore they have mortgage and kids and definitely dont want to hear some shady millionaire rock star crying about a supermodel he fucked. But if they made it a hit theyd like it back in the day when they still had a future. But if they heard it they would prob think TIL makes sense as a GNR song.