Paradise City - Appetite For Democracy

LuanVictor

Dude the video got negative feedback virtually everywhere it was posted. The likes were low. Finding a positive comment on youtube was literally finding a needle in a haystack. Little too much of a coincidence, don't you think?

If you're gonna officially release something "GNR-related", at least make sure it's up to snuff to public consumption. Based on overwhelming negative reception, and the fact the video's gone from public viewing; Axl would be an idiot to release this and expect people to actually pay money for it.

yeah, i mean your points do make sense. you just always seem to be so negative and want the band to fail. i remember you were especially hostile to ron when he came on here. its ok to have an opinion and not suck up to everything the band does. thats better, in fact. its just sometimes i remember you came off as a jagoff. sorry, dude

I don't want Axl to fail, I just think he's (sadly) had more failures than successes.

I don't agree with him continuing to use the name, I don't look at this outfit as "Guns N' Roses", but I still love Axl as a musician, and I did enjoy some of Chinese Democracy (though I thought it had more duds than gems), but I don't know how anybody could have looked at this performance with a straight face and thought it was a good idea to release for public consumption and profit. Lol, c'mon.

They'd have to completely redo the vocals to make it sound alright. I think it's just a cop out. It'll probably get cancelled just like most of the shit they announced. The reception was HORRIBLE. I doubt they could do much to save it, but we'll see. My moneys still on what I initially said.

And the Ron thing was completely blown out of proportion as to what actually happened. But I'm not getting into that again.

But you're free to think of me as you wish.

Edited by Bobbo

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he sounds horrible considering this the first official dvd release since Uyi 1 and 2 (Tokyo). I am surprised Axl gave his ok on this one. It's been a long way from being THE perfectionist in Rock N' Roll to this mess. Rock in Rio was the worst, the streams were at least ok but this is just wrong. It's absolutely imposssible to like it. I mean I'm a die- hard since 91 but I didn't even have my girlfriend take a look at it. Which I usually always do. To say that I am concerned is an understatement. If this gets released it will be a fiasco.

Edited by Solari

Dude the video got negative feedback virtually everywhere it was posted. The likes were low. Finding a positive comment on youtube was literally finding a needle in a haystack. Little too much of a coincidence, don't you think?

If you're gonna officially release something "GNR-related", at least make sure it's up to snuff to public consumption. Based on overwhelming negative reception, and the fact the video's gone from public viewing; Axl would be an idiot to release this and expect people to actually pay money for it.

yeah, i mean your points do make sense. you just always seem to be so negative and want the band to fail. i remember you were especially hostile to ron when he came on here. its ok to have an opinion and not suck up to everything the band does. thats better, in fact. its just sometimes i remember you came off as a jagoff. sorry, dude

I don't want Axl to fail, I just think he's (sadly) had more failures than successes.

I don't agree with him continuing to use the name, I don't look at this outfit as "Guns N' Roses", but I still love Axl as a musician, and I did enjoy some of Chinese Democracy (though I thought it had more duds than gems), but I don't know how anybody could have looked at this performance with a straight face and thought it was a good idea to release for public consumption and profit. Lol, c'mon.

They'd have to completely redo the vocals to make it sound alright. I think it's just a cop out. It'll probably get cancelled just like most of the shit they announced. The reception was HORRIBLE. I doubt they could do much to save it, but we'll see. My moneys still on what I initially said.

And the Ron thing was completely blown out of proportion as to what actually happened. But I'm not getting into that again.

But you're free to think of me as you wish.

those are all totally valid points. agree to not get into the ron chats. and obiously, i dont know you as a person and never could based on your posts on a gnr forum so sorry if i myself came off as a douche

I get the feeling they're pushing O2 '12 now instead of this. I was a bit hesitant at them releasing the O2 one at first, but now this one makes O2 look amazing!

If Axl release the O2 '10 Duff gig on DVD/Blu-Ray, people could see just what him and the band are really capable of. Unbelievable gig.