Hypothetical scenario (like most other threads on this forum)

Guest NGOG

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

If Axl was content to have Chinese Democracy as his last mark on the industry, but in an act of compromise was willing to give the fanbase one more album, which would you vote to have?

A second installment from the Chinese Democracy sessions (without additions from the current line-up, in the condition Finck/Bucket left them)

Or an entirely new effort from the current Guns N' Roses line-up - with DJ laying down hit riffs

Neither. I'd take anything Buckethead/Fortus/Finck over anything Ashba/Bumble any day, but both would be equally unrelevant and pointless at this point in time. I'd be intrested in something drastic, artistic and original. Progressive industrial hardcore metal. Acoustic country rock album. Ambient music with Pitman on acid. Brazilian folklore. An album full of piano songs. A spoken word poetry session. A collaboration with high profile guests. An original film soundtrack. Anything that doesn't bore the living shit out of me like the current band does.

If Axl was content to have Chinese Democracy as his last mark on the industry, but in an act of compromise was willing to give the fanbase one more album, which would you vote to have?

A second installment from the Chinese Democracy sessions (without additions from the current line-up, in the condition Finck/Bucket left them)

Or an entirely new effort from the current Guns N' Roses line-up - with DJ laying down hit riffs

Ideally both, but if I had to pick between the two I'd say the leftover Chinese stuff.

If this band wants to move forward then they should record and release their own album drop Ashba and Pitman condense new band to sex member lineup bring back Brain or Josh Freese if possible if not would n`t mind Frank he`s just a drummer and very decent at what he does lock in studio for at least a year write kickass, straight forward, in your face, balls to walls, skull crushing and bone crunching Heavy Rock album release singles with videos conduct few promotional interviews release it Axl must get back in at least 2010 shape and finally tour new album with varied setlists release Chinese Democracy leftovers as a box set. bonus disc, special adition,stop gap before another new album emerges but it`s a wishful thinking I guess, that`s what normal bands do as we know GNR never has operated as a normal band and theer`s no sign they will in foreseable future

Edited by Son of a Guns

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I'd like to hear a new record with the guys that are actually in the band now.

What about The General, Jackie Chan, Atlas Shrugged and Zodiac?

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

finck/bucket/brain hands down. i like sixx am and i think ron is an amazing guitarist, but the 2001 line up were songwriting magic.

Bucket/Brain weren't about in 2001 mate trollface.

Would you rather Axl in a tantrum release the sequel to Chinese Democracy but dissolved the current line-up because of an 'overwhelming negativity' and went into hiatus? Or, continue to make public appearances by way of tours but without a new album?

This thread AGAIN? Bucket/Finck/Brain stuff all day :)

There aren't that many threads trying to directly gauge which album we want to hear.

Neither. I'd take anything Buckethead/Fortus/Finck over anything Ashba/Bumble any day, but both would be equally unrelevant and pointless at this point in time. I'd be intrested in something drastic, artistic and original. Progressive industrial hardcore metal. Acoustic country rock album. Ambient music with Pitman on acid. Brazilian folklore. An album full of piano songs. A spoken word poetry session. A collaboration with high profile guests. An original film soundtrack. Anything that doesn't bore the living shit out of me like the current band does.

what this cupcake says