do you think current band could do Breakdown and Locomotive live?

wasted

I worry what the combined powers of Axl, DJ and Frank would do to Locomotive.

Dj and Frank have bad moments,but they do a decent job,and Im not pro-newngr,but i cant bash them,becuase they are good musician,BBF a talented musician,but man,Axl Right now would fail singing that songs.

I think they can play anything, i doubt they are harder than anything else.

Its jist out of the UYI they seem like interesting ones to revamp. a challenge for the band.

A lot of the illusions seem a bit down. Black Leather seems to suit the band now.

Those two tracks never got played much live.

If they worked them up maybe base another tour off them?

Breakdown especially is the most underated GNR song.

I wouldn't suggest basing another tour off of adding two little known UYI II songs to the set, but to answer the title of the thread; yes, this band is more than capable of playing these or any song in the GN'R catalog.

I don't agree with the 'no, it's a Slash song' argument. They're Axl's lyrics and they're some of his best ever (Locomotive). He has no problem performing other songs with iconic parts by Slash. November Rain and Sweet Child might be 'Axl songs' but Slash is stamped all over them.

I think the lack of adventure with the setlists compared to the old days is more to do with things like Axl's self doubt, wanting to please the biggest range of people possible in attendance, wanting to get the new band(s) over with the fans etc etc. Pulling out relatively obscure album tracks like Locomotive that the average hits-orientated concert-goer might never have heard doesn't suit Axl's purpose or mental state.

That said, I think most things will eventually be played a few times assuming things keep rolling for another 10 years.

What really sucks though is that we didn't get Estranged and Civil War and Twat and Prostitute etc in 2006-2010. I wish he'd say to himself or someone would have the balls to say to him 'you're singing fucking amazing, you could totally nail XXX, why not drop it into the setlist?'

Actuslly, that Dublin video about the fan asking about singing Don't Cry in his 'excellent raspy voice' makes me think that he doesn't even give any thought whatsoever to the setlists in terms of how he's singing. Why else would he play Estranged for the first time on a night that he absolutely sucks?

Edited by Jordan Rose

The reality probably is no one ever sees Axl until they are on stage. What they seem to be into is just putting on killer live shows. And thats about seeing what works. Maybe Locomotive doesnt kickass live. But Im pretty sure Breakdown would, although maybe its not a current frame of mind. Its just that part "ive come to know the cold, i think of it as home" is so awesome then the ending from Vanishing Point would bring down the house.

Coma from Live Era, only released in Jap, is totally live I believe.

Unless we get some crazy new or old songs... I really don't think I'm going to another show.

On a side note in that 2012 Civil War Axl's rasp is totally shot. It's the show after he killed his throat in Philly. It started to go on him.

I wonder what CW or Estranged woulda sounded like in 2010....

He must have blown out his voice after 2010, he must have.

Edited by jimb0

Unless we get some crazy new or old songs... I really don't think I'm going to another show.

On a side note in that 2012 Civil War Axl's rasp is totally shot. It's the show after he killed his throat in Philly. It started to go on him.

in 2010 the songs would sound awesome. As i said before i miss Duff,Slash,Adler or sorum and Izzy becuase of the sound the made,because of the pressence and anger on stage,but the current band are great musicians but i dont feel they are a band,but they play the songs very good.

IN 2011 civil war sounded awesome