February 13th, 2013 - Los Angeles, CA: Tommy Hilfiger's Secret Party

NicoRourke

Guns for hire. This band are so lame. They just whore themselves out.

and Slash doesn't?

i think it's just amusing because for decades, we've heard so much from axl's fanboys about about axl's integrity and how slash is a sellout whore looking to pick up some quick money. it's just funny, that's all.

truth is, axl's no different than any other musician. it's just that for years, we've had to endure the godlike mythologizing about chinese democracy and nugnr. if you wanna talk bitter ex fans, look at the nugnr fans who were foolish enough to buy axl's hype.

I've never really had a problem with musicians taking gigs because of the money simply because that's really the only way they get money now a days. If I was a musician, and someone offered me a large sum to play a private gig, you'd be stupid to say no.

besides, we don't even know if they're getting paid anyways. He's friends with Tommy, so for all we know, he could be doing it free of charge

people on here are just a bunch of babies that will find anyways to complain about anything GN'R or Axl does

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and Slash doesn't?

i think it's just amusing because for decades, we've heard so much from axl's fanboys about about axl's integrity and how slash is a sellout whore looking to pick up some quick money. it's just funny, that's all.

truth is, axl's no different than any other musician. it's just that for years, we've had to endure the godlike mythologizing about chinese democracy and nugnr. if you wanna talk bitter ex fans, look at the nugnr fans who were foolish enough to buy axl's hype.

This.

and Slash doesn't?

I've never really had a problem with musicians taking gigs because of the money simply because that's really the only way they get money now a days. If I was a musician, and someone offered me a large sum to play a private gig, you'd be stupid to say no.

besides, we don't even know if they're getting paid anyways. He's friends with Tommy, so for all we know, he could be doing it free of charge

people on here are just a bunch of babies that will find anyways to complain about anything GN'R or Axl does

Agreed. I think they're happy and willing to do these gigs. Shows that they are relevant and wanted within the finer circles of the industry.

and Slash doesn't?

Let's see how many straw man arguments you can jam into one post. Jeesh. You need to broaden your repertoire.

Wait so GNR is playing a set for Tommy Hi? God I lose more respect for this band everyday. I don't even wanna hear how Axl sounds, unless that's his revenge plan... Give Tommy a Shitty Show.

yeah, show me how playing the superbowl is selling out and this isn't. axl is pathetic and gnr is a joke.

Then leave. Simple as that.

while i could see that this portion of axl's career could be frustrating for those who actually still believe in his abilities, this era is delightfully funny to those old fans who saw axl as a dick who fucked himself and his band over. this stage of axl's career provides equal entertainment, but just not of the musical variety. it's like watching the last act of a tragedy. sure, it's sad, but that's kinda the point.

I still believe in Axl's abilities and this period of GnR is awesome. Actually, since the HOB show I saw on NYE in Vegas back in the day, Axl and GnR have put out some of my favorite music and put on some of the best shows Ive ever seen. Nothing frustrating other than the cupcakes that post shit about a band they no longer like. You obviously like the old band members more than Axl. So why bother coming here anymore?

Im so fuckin tired of the haters on here. You do not like the band and you never will again. Fuck off already. Yea yea we know what you think... Axl looks and sounds like shit. Hes fat, Mickey Mouse voice, team Brazil, CD sucks, DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot.... we get it. You dont like GnR. Go away now. And die.

Yes, or you can move your ass to HTGTH and circle jerk with all the asskissers!

This is a discussion forum where criticism is allowed. If you don't like it, then you go away.

Im so fuckin tired of the haters on here. You do not like the band and you never will again. Fuck off already. Yea yea we know what you think... Axl looks and sounds like shit. Hes fat, Mickey Mouse voice, team Brazil, CD sucks, DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot.... we get it. You dont like GnR. Go away now. And die.

+1

+1

+100000000000000000

+1

+100000000000000000

No- people like/love GnR. We just don't like the posers touring under the same name as GnR. Get a new name and go for it. Quit milking off the GnR teet/legacy.

jeez... take it a little more seriously if you can. i post that i like having a laugh at axl, and you wish death upon me. reminds me of the good ol' days, when a reviewer would have the gall to post a negative review of an axl show, and you guys would flood 'em with violent hate mail.

oh, you lunatics... how i love you. that's really why i keep coming back here. it's funny as shit to see people being so militantly defensive of axl rose... in 2013. seriously guys, keep it up... this place is going to be hysterical by 2020.

:suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious:

Guns N fucking Roses hahahhhahhahahhahhahaha

Nothing says rock and roll like a 50-year-old man singing 25-year-old songs at a private event for a 60-year-old fashion designer.

Wait so GNR is playing a set for Tommy Hi? God I lose more respect for this band everyday. I don't even wanna hear how Axl sounds, unless that's his revenge plan... Give Tommy a Shitty Show.

Children shouldn't be allowed to post on MyGnR..

I just read some poster with thousands of posts here about a band they hate, telling someone else they are a crazy.Hilarious.But at least this is a place for nutcases to have there oh so important opinions and there constructive critisisism. Again Hilarious.Keep up the good work,if anything its good for a laugh or a reason for the rest of us not to take mental health for granted.

Edited by cbgnr

Good God he sounds terrible again.

Looks pretty good though.

How can you say that based on two 3'' clips?

He does look good!

I agree. A few clips of just a few seconds are not substantial enough to draw any meaningful conclusion.

Ali

True. But let's be realistic. Based on those clips and recent history, it's probably going to sound awful if we get full vids.

magisme

Recent history?

I was at the last two shows of the Vegas run and he sounded great. So, I'm not sure what recent history you're referring to.

Good God he sounds terrible again.

Looks pretty good though.

How can you say that based on two 3'' clips?

He does look good!

I agree. A few clips of just a few seconds are not substantial enough to draw any meaningful conclusion.

Ali

i'll bet a few seconds would be more than enough to judge the show if axl sounded professional.

No, it wouldn't even close to enough.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Someone posted yesterday that dizzy played in detroid today ? Sow is dizzy not with gnr right now? Can anyone confirm this?

Would anyone honestly give a shit if Dizzy was absent for a performance?

"Mr. Hilfiger, Guns N' Roses is coming in now."

"Great - send them up"

"But sir, we have some bad news"

"What?"

"Dizzy Reed is not with them"

"WHAT? FUCK THAT - CANCEL THE GODDAMN SHOW"

lol (literally) @ everyone who's acting like they've been betrayed because their favorite band played a private show.

Did it really change your life because GNR played a concert last night?

lol (literally, again), also @ people saying they're "done." What.. if Welcome to the Jungle comes on the radio, you'll dislike the song and change the station? Or do you mean you'll stop posting on a fan message board?

Children shouldn't be allowed to post on MyGnR..

I just read some poster with thousands of posts here about a band they hate, telling someone else they are a crazy.Hilarious.But at least this is a place for nutcases to have there oh so important opinions and there constructive critisisism. Again Hilarious.Keep up the good work,if anything its good for a laugh or a reason for the rest of us not to take mental health for granted.

lol (literally) @ everyone who's acting like they've been betrayed because their favorite band played a private show.

lol (literally, again), also @ people saying they're "done." What.. if Welcome to the Jungle comes on the radio, you'll dislike the song and change the station? Or do you mean you'll stop posting on a fan message board?

WTTJ is a GNR song,not fakeGNR song :crazy: we hate fakeGNR

Edited by DizzyReedsexmachine

WTTJ is a GNR song,not fakeGNR song :crazy:we hate fakeGNR

Lame

jeez... take it a little more seriously if you can. i post that i like having a laugh at axl, and you wish death upon me. reminds me of the good ol' days, when a reviewer would have the gall to post a negative review of an axl show, and you guys would flood 'em with violent hate mail.

oh, you lunatics... how i love you. that's really why i keep coming back here. it's funny as shit to see people being so militantly defensive of axl rose... in 2013. seriously guys, keep it up... this place is going to be hysterical by 2020.

What you are doing is the definition of online trolling lol you will be welcomed at blabbermouth.

If this is the case, treat them like little kids, just ignore em... They'll leave when no one responds to them. :)

Edited by GNRFan53

Why don't all the people who get frustrated due to lack of an album, and end up telling other fans off, just leave and come back when an album is released.

Why don't you go through this thread and see which forum members are the ones telling people off. Telling people to get the fuck out. Telling people to go die. Which members are those? Clue: not the people criticizing Axl and The Replacements. :thumbsup: