Richard Fortus is AMAZING!

tr420

His London solo was awesome. I know there's Buckethead and Bumblefoot etc... but Richard Fortus is the best normal guitarist GnR ever had. Is it known what that jam is at the end of his solo? It would be cool parts to a new GnR song if it's not a cover im just unaware of.

It's Blacklight Jesus of Transylvania. His song. Awesome. Richard is an AMAZING fit for GnR and should be used a lot more. He's just the perfect style for GnR. He should be used for songwriting. I bet he'd come up with awesome riffs like that.

I knew he was good. Great actually. I always loved his energy and it always seemed like his rhythm playing added so much to the band. I never liked james bond movies so I never really paid attention to the 007 solo. This solo just really blew me away. His guitar skills are fuckin crazy.

So is there a recorded version of Blacklight Jesus?

I had never really noticed him or paid any attention to him whatsoever until I saw the band play in a small club last year. Being close to enough to actually SEE the guitarists makes a huge difference. He impressed me the most. I hate to use this word, but he was just adorable. He made cute little faces while he was playing and he was just smiling and happy the whole time. Looked like he really enjoyed himself up there. If I were a chick I'd be smitten.