Australia sends New GNR a message.....Not interested.

Schnippy

As Gn'R is still huge in my country, I've only attended huge crowd filled gigs (around 40000, 60000 & 20000 people respectively) but I'd actually love to go to a smaller venue (around 5000 people would be ideal) since it's by far the best experience for the real fan that wish for a more 'intimate' show. As usual quantity does not equal to quality...

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day this isnt as bad as some are making it out to be... This happens with a lot of notable bands, sometimes ticket sales are slow but people end up showing up the day of the show. GNR will still play to a decent crowd make some decent cash for the promoters and themselves and move on to another market. I just hope Axl is taking this time off to at-least get in shape and work on his voice. I really want to attend the Gov's Ball in NYC but dont see myself making the investment to fly and stay in NYC if Axl sounds like he does now.

The explanation is pretty simple. A LOT of bands have decided to come to Australia this Summer for the major cash grab, Australia being one of the only places on earth at this current time where the economy is doing quite well (and it's summer time). HOWEVER, Guns n Roses decided relatively late in the peace to tour. I have decided to go to every show I want to and as a result I have spent $1,200 on concert tickets for the February-April period. Most people would not be prepared to spend this kind of money in a 3 month period. The result? Poor ticket sales. :shrugs:

(Mind you, it didn't fall on deaf ears that Melbourne ticket sales have been good. Melbournians have good taste, what can I say? :lol:)

Usually those 2 for 1 deals aren't great seats, but it all depends on the venue and how ticket sales are going.

Summer shows are pretty competitive, in the US, there's bands announcing shows at outdoor places that still haven't been repaired from Hurricane Sandy. GNR haven't done many ampitheaters, but I think that if they're doing a summer tour, it's either going to be outdoor and a little pricey, or arenas and lowering the price and blocking out nosebleeds.

Here we go with the pre tour doom and gloom,no ones going to show up blah,blah the same as the start of every tour in the past few years.Sorta this wierd pattern of bashing that starts like there is some sorta crybaby button that gets pressed, and all the sooks come out in full force like some kinda crybaby, sook combination army.

Edited by cbgnr

Here we go with the pre tour doom and gloom,no ones going to show up blah,blah the same as the start of every tour in the past few years.Sorta this wierd pattern of bashing that starts like there is some sorta crybaby button that gets pressed, and all the sooks come out in full force like some kinda crybaby, sook combination army.

+1

And they bank on everyone forgetting all the shit they said. Their other favorite trick is to create a barrage of threads saying Ron will be out of the band because of some minor incident.

They sure love to cry about Axl though. One of them even has a baby in his avatar- he's a huge whiner. The irony is magnificent.

I just remembered something... Back in 2005, Velvet Revolver were selling 2 for 1 tickets to their show in Sydney, at the Hordern Pavillion. The Hordern is a much, much smaller venue than Olympic Park.

I was at this show. It was great. I like VR. But to all you Axl-hating "fans", even Slash has had his own problems with ticket sales here in Australia. I also remember Snakepit had to cancel their show at Newcastle Workers Club in the late 1990's due to piss poor ticket sales.

It can happen to anyone.

Schnippy you sure are a drama queen. As i've been saying, these threads always appear predicting doom and gloom for the tour. All that pomp and circumstance over a 2-for-1 special though? You're really reaching. Hey do you remember when people were saying the Vegas gigs would not sell? Whatever happened with that?

History repeats itself.

LIke I said, let me know when a show is cancelled or the tour is cancelled. Then you can run your mouth all you want. Oh and... maybe you didn't notice... but Guns isn't the only band playing the event. *lightbulb moment*

As for the Axl late thing. It's a joke. it was a joke that was made on Kimmel. Everyone goofs on Axl being late. Way to be "offended" though. Braaaavo.

Saber,

Tickets are not selling on the Australian tour. That is not doom and gloom, trolling, exaggerating or anything else. That is a stone cold fact. Why do you think they are doing a 2 for 1 deal? because ticket sales are strong and its selling great?

Probably to ensure that the 2nd Kiss show sells? If you go to try and find tickets for the GnR show and the Kiss show separately, it's giving me only the option for the upper section for Guns (not including GA in this), whereas for the 2nd Kiss show you can get much closer. Also, the Kiss tickets are being much further discounted by this $150 deal than the GnR ones - it works out to about $25-30 off for the Guns tickets, much more for Kiss.

And lastly, the fact that the general public cannot find this promotion on the website, and that I couldn't find it in a google search, and that you received it in an e-mail tells me it is some sort of limited deal for subscribers to a Ticketek mailing list. If it was that bad, wouldn't they open it up so that the general public could find the deal?

I would stop referring to these things as 'cold hard facts' because you're making assumptions. Assumptions are not facts, stop representing them as so. Unless you've heard from the promoter, or read an article you can link to about this, you're misrepresenting it. Have no other bands ever done a ticket deal?

I'm going to laugh when he debuts the new shit in Australia and the people who go to see an amazing show get rewarded. All the haters will be scrambling to find tickets. Mark my words. You'll all be back here sucking on the teet of W. Axl Rose.

I AM laughing at the numbers of times you've said this BS and it never happens.

This board is consisent, if anything.

Only in the world of GnR could having to move to a smaller venue and 2-for-1 ticket deals be viewed as a positive or as the norm. To a select few on the board nothing is ever Axl's fault......and everything the current version of GnR does is golden.

15 people could show up for the next concert, Axl could fart the melody to one song and then storm off stage, and about five of you would be on here saying what an amazing show it was and would be going full battle against any poster that wasn't praising the 5-minute show.

Must be an odd feeling to be so wrapped up in idol worship that you lose your ability to think logically. I can't imagine how pathetic that must be for some of you.

Well they downsized in a city that they shouldn't have even booked. But they did add a 2nd show in Melbourne no?

In regards to the 2 shows for $150 I'm not surprised. It's the promoters call. Even in the US there were a select amount of tickets that went in Groupon.