Australia sends New GNR a message.....Not interested.

Schnippy

A consequence of Axl flatly refusing to do the things one needs to do to sustain a viable solo career. Unless he can somehow bring himself to start aggressively promoting this band and this tour I think we've reached the end of the line.

Edited by SteveAJones

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth too... I'd add that Newcastle is a pretty small market to sell out the Stadium. Most big bands play at the Entertainment center or don't play there at all. I never saw them getting close with ticket sales at the Stadium, especially when they were announced so late (compared to the other tours at the moment).

The Ent-cent has much better sound too... not trying to spin anything, but it's a good thing that it's been moved there IMO.

This board is consisent, if anything.

Only in the world of GnR could having to move to a smaller venue and 2-for-1 ticket deals be viewed as a positive or as the norm. To a select few on the board nothing is ever Axl's fault......and everything the current version of GnR does is golden.

15 people could show up for the next concert, Axl could fart the melody to one song and then storm off stage, and about five of you would be on here saying what an amazing show it was and would be going full battle against any poster that wasn't praising the 5-minute show.

Must be an odd feeling to be so wrapped up in idol worship that you lose your ability to think logically. I can't imagine how pathetic that must be for some of you.

Does this 5 minute show involve a riot?

For what it's worth too... I'd add that Newcastle is a pretty small market to sell out the Stadium. Most big bands play at the Entertainment center or don't play there at all. I never saw them getting close with ticket sales at the Stadium, especially when they were announced so late (compared to the other tours at the moment).

The Ent-cent has much better sound too... not trying to spin anything, but it's a good thing that it's been moved there IMO.

I wish more bands would take into account the sound of the venue.

Some random guy says that tickets are not selling and everybody believes? Not even check the source? nothing? :shock:

Normal stuff here.

these are the same people that called axl all kinds of names based on a "source" that said he requested bucketheads, guitar to be removed from the display at the hard rock. yet if these people scrolled down like 3 posts they would see it was utter bullshit, but instead they kept running with it.

they dont care about what is right they just want something they can fit into their agenda.

Some random guy says that tickets are not selling and everybody believes? Not even check the source? nothing? :shock:

Normal stuff here.

these are the same people that called axl all kinds of names based on a "source" that said he requested bucketheads, guitar to be removed from the display at the hard rock. yet if these people scrolled down like 3 posts they would see it was utter bullshit, but instead they kept running with it.

they dont care about what is right they just want something they can fit into their agenda.

Yeah, i saw this shit too!! Axl doesn't even show up for rehearsals and soundchecks, people really thought he would make a inspection on the HR Hotel?? :lol:

Normal stuff here.

Yeah, i saw this shit too!! Axl doesn't even show up for rehearsals and soundchecks, people really thought he would make a inspection on the HR Hotel?? :lol:

I think the assumption was that Beta probably did the inspection and made the demands.

Normal stuff here.

I think the assumption was that Beta probably did the inspection and made the demands.

the assumption was wrong though groghan, all the people had to do was literally scroll down 3 or 4 posts to see it was blatantly false, but they still ran with it for pages.

Normal stuff here.

Even if she did that, there is no proof whatsoever. Some ppl like fairy tales, some not.

Normal stuff here.

the assumption was wrong though groghan, all the people had to do was literally scroll down 3 or 4 posts to see it was blatantly false, but they still ran with it for pages.

Did we ever find it out it was wrong, though? I could have missed something, but last I checked, it was inconclusive. And there's a difference if that's the case.

^ What he said. Could've been Axl, Beta or someone else. Assumptions everybody, just that. We're quick to dismiss that it was Axl or Beta based on "nothing" but we should believe it was someone else based on...? Come on, don't make me laugh.

why would we believe it was axl, beta or whoever in the gnr camp or someone else all together? the guitar was on the other side of the country. no one had it put in storage, it was all based on a false premise to begin with.

Edited by bran

Normal stuff here.

Best DP ever!

The entertainment centre is a decent venue. The sound is very awesome there. I was just attracted to the fact that GN'R would be playing my favourite team's home ground. Haha

If Slash's shows were being turned into '2 for 1' deals, and being downgraded in capacity, we would never hear the end of it: ''Slash plays half empty clubs blah blah blah''. Yet Rose bombs in Oz and it is considered a 'successful tour'. Rose fans are freaks

Yep, it would be hilarious if it wasn't scary. All this talk how Slash plays to nothing but 2000 seat places and in Sydney Slash sold out a 14,000 seat arena and "GNR" is downgrading to 6000 seaters.

"Be here at the end of the tour! Axl will slam his mic down and say good fuck**g night.......this = successful tour. :crazy:

Sydney Entertainment Centre? It's listed as a 13,250 capacity venue for concerts, and GnR is playing in a 21,000 seat arena in Sydney. Why are you comparing Slash playing in Sydney with GnR switching locations in Newcastle? They aren't "downgrading" in Sydney, they're playing in a bigger venue than Slash.

thewolfshead just won the thread

This is what gets you in trouble, my man. You always think someone has to win.

I just enjoy when people present accurate data which can be backed up. That's all. Which is what he did. I just really appreciated him bringing some factual information into the thread. When I said he "won the thread," I just meant his contribution is perhaps the most meaningful and/or relevant. Let's talk about facts, you dig?

P

The reason the Axl defenders claimed the story was 'false' was based on the premise that the guitar turned up in LA's Hard Rock Cafe, where I think it lies today (as if the Vegas Cafe would never have considered, passing it on to another branch!). But for me, the jury is still out on that story.

The reason the Axl defenders claimed the story was 'false' was based on the premise that the guitar turned up in LA's Hard Rock Cafe, where I think it lies today (as if the Vegas Cafe would never have considered, passing it on to another branch!). But for me, the jury is still out on that story.

No we claim it to be false because there is no proof. It's always Axl told us or Axl said this.