Australia sends New GNR a message.....Not interested.

Schnippy

Ticket prices are very high for some concerts, but I don't care if I love a band, I pay whatever for the best seats I can get.

I've done it for every damn band I've wanted to see.

It's been over 20 years that GNR has broken up and if some fans are still holding a grudge for Axl and won't bother to try to see the new GNR live, then fuck them.

Axl and GNR are touring everywhere, the least the so called fans can do is come out and support them. If the people of OZ, don't want to see GNR, then the promoters should have never bothereed to book them and waste everyone's time.

Maybe the Australians should hold out for a Savage GArden reunion. LOL Good luck.

People will go sales were slow in 2010 as well but by concert night filled. Tickets for most will be snapped up (I can imagine lot's of tickets not sold on the melbourne lawn just because it's terrible viewing). I'm heading to six aussie shows so some aussies are going.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew as soon as I read the OP that Volcano, Ali and a couple others would be in here defending it.

The band is really on fire now aren't they Volcano!!!!!!!!!!

This is what happens when you tour the same album over and over and without adding new material.

It's what happened in the US and now apparently is happening across the world a well.

It's amazing how people want to see the band they supposedly love, fall on their arse.

I disagree. Most people want Axl and the band to succeed. I think everybody would be much more positive if Axl released albums more frequently, kept in contact with his fans and GnR was putting on awesome concerts, where Axl's voice was strong, and they were selling out 80,000 seat venues.

It's amazing how people want to see the band they supposedly love, fall on their arse.

A band I love to death - Guns N' Roses 1985-1996

A band I like, where the only person I care about is the lead singer and he constantly proves himself to be a weak link when he doesn't have to be one if he just acted more professionally hence why myself and others criticise him, especially because he's our favourite singer - Guns N' Roses - 2001- present

Edited by Johnny Drama

I disagree. Most people want Axl and the band to succeed. I think everybody would be much more positive if Axl released albums more frequently, kept in contact with his fans and GnR was putting on awesome concerts, where Axl's voice was strong, and they were selling out 80,000 seat venues.

This says it all.

A band I like, where the only person I care about is the lead singer and he constantly proves himself to be a weak link when he doesn't have to be one if he just acted more professionally hence why myself and others criticise him, especially because he's our favourite singer - Guns N' Roses - 2001- present

This.

Is this really a surprise? The jig is up with GNR, people are on to them, even us. The touring jukebox won't last much longer unless they go to Iraq next.

Of course they always will sell a couple of thousand tickets wherever they go because the GNR logo holds a lot of prestige but realistically America, The UK, Ireland now Australia have no time for this incarnation of the band. The mystery has gone.

Axl's my dude, I love the guy but the last two years have been hard to take. He is a complete joke. You can't defend a 5 year greatest hits tour, trust me I've tried.

Why is this thread open if it isn't confirmed?

Because it's a discussion?

It would be if we had a link, otherwise it's the same ole circle jerk of fact vs. fiction

So you have something to prove it's fiction? Please post it. Until then, it's not really fact vs. fiction as much as it is assumption versus butthurt.

It would be if we had a link, otherwise it's the same ole circle jerk of fact vs. fiction

So you have something to prove it's fiction? Please post it. Until then, it's not really fact vs. fiction as much as it is assumption versus butthurt.

Such backwards logic.

That's like me creating a topic how Slash is back on heroin. Doesn't matter if it is true or false but let's keep it open and discuss...

If you haven't seen them in 2010 then you're too late, the party is over. 2010 was the last time the concerts where somewhat worth attenting.

I understand people complaining about set lists and shit, but I do not agree with this at all. Saw them in 2010 and 2011 and both times were great.

This is all such obvious bullshit. Every time Guns has gone on tour recently, there have been threads predicting a cancellation before the tour started. And each time, the prediction was wrong. Go ahead, dare me to back that shit up.

This is yet another in a long line of bullshit threads about the tour being in jeopardy. And there is no source (except OP took the trouble to post a Slash & the Conspirators video, if you can't see the shenanigans yet, you're blind).

Edited by brainsaber

This is actually well-worded and pretty accurate.

The promoter has had to do a two for one deal in Sydney, where you pay $150 and get entry to the GNR show and KISS' second show (first was sold out until restricted view seats were added recently). Both bands are having their shows at the same venue. It holds about 18,000 people, depending on the layout. There's just no interest in this show and tickets aren't moving.

Do you have a link for this? I can't see anything about it on the promoter's website.

This says it all.

You're spot on there, but I just don't see why some (not most) but some "fans" gloat about their favourite band going through a rough patch. Be supportive. It is not a good thing that something you love is having trouble.

Such backwards logic.

That's like me creating a topic how Slash is back on heroin. Doesn't matter if it is true or false but let's keep it open and discuss...

And you wouldn't see that locked, would ya? If people wouldn't have responded, it probably would have been a dead topic

If they play a show in Australia and 6000 people are there then 6000 people are gonna have a great time. Id imagine their pay is the same now either way so fuck it.

Its not 1988 and its a different band under very different circumstances. If Axl wanted to sell out stadiums he would reunite the original line up. I dont think he at any point in recent history has expected gnr to do as well as they used to.

Edited by tr420