Australia sends New GNR a message.....Not interested.

Schnippy

I just don't see how any of this is surprising. Australia isn't saying people aren't interested in gn'r, it's saying not 30,000 people a night are interested in gn'r. A lot of bands from the 80's would kill the be in nuguns shoes.

Really I think the expectations people have of the nuguns lineup is skewed because of either the band having the name guns n roses, or the fact of what it could be if this were the original band and nothing had happened. Frankly it's impressive the band is doing as well as it is considering Axl's tardiness and the seemingly chaotic manner of which everything is organized. If Slash were still in the band, GN'R would be dinosaurs anyway touring in 20,000 seat arenas. NuGuns does that in europe, asia, and SA, and can fill clubs and small arenas in the U.S. and australia. That's not too many notches below.

Basically keep your expectations realistic and you might find you enjoy this new band. For a bunch of scabs they're not doing too bad.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that fact that this band isn't amazing, its the fact that they have been to most of these places in the past couple years. Aerosmith, Ac/Dc, The Stones....it's usually at leat 5 years b4 they play somewhere twice. For the casual fan they are gonna spend their dollars on something they haven't seen versus the same act even if they really enjoyed the first show. It's just a fact of life, not a statement of ill will towards GN'R.

Time to break the poor Axl fans hearts........

LINK 1: 2 for 1 deal -- http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=ESSD0000013AM&utm_source=GUNSKISS&utm_medium=FriendlyLink&utm_campaign=ESSD0000013AM

LINK 2: GNR downgrade from 30,000+ stadium to 6,000 seat venue (a venue clash with a football team is cited for the reason) :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: The usual suspects will of course believe this. http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1304388/knights-beat-guns-n-roses-to-stadium/

To top it off, this is part of an email I got from the promoter McManus Entertainment...

How pathetic, they wrote on there "management says this time Axl will be on time" LOL :rofl-lol: They actually have to put that in the advert! :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

RndgNxj.jpg

I guess any idiot can make some bullshit up, post no source, and top it off with a Conspirators video, and some of the lesser-brained individuals around here will just eat that shit up.

Every time Guns goes on tour, there's one of these threads. It's too funny and predictable. And out of the woodwork, all the angry anti-Axl obsessive start jumping up and down for joy like special olympian winners. There's always predictions of failed tours and the anti-Axl crowd whip out their e-peens, circle jerking eachother (then going to gnfnr and bragging about it). If the tour is cancelled, then you can talk. Until then, lol.

Now, about that source...

You were saying? ...

AXL IS DOING 2 FOR 1 DEALS ROFL :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Let me guess Saber. I photoshopped it? I hacked into the ticket merchants site and added this fake link? :rofl-lol:

Hearts are breakin' tonight.

Edited by Schnippy

Schnippy you sure are a drama queen. As i've been saying, these threads always appear predicting doom and gloom for the tour. All that pomp and circumstance over a 2-for-1 special though? You're really reaching. Hey do you remember when people were saying the Vegas gigs would not sell? Whatever happened with that?

History repeats itself.

LIke I said, let me know when a show is cancelled or the tour is cancelled. Then you can run your mouth all you want. Oh and... maybe you didn't notice... but Guns isn't the only band playing the event. *lightbulb moment*

As for the Axl late thing. It's a joke. it was a joke that was made on Kimmel. Everyone goofs on Axl being late. Way to be "offended" though. Braaaavo.

Edited by brainsaber

Schnippy you sure are a drama queen. As i've been saying, these threads always appear predicting doom and gloom for the tour. All that pomp and circumstance over a 2-for-1 special though? You're really reaching. Hey do you remember when people were saying the Vegas gigs would not sell? Whatever happened with that?

History repeats itself.

LIke I said, let me know when a show is cancelled or the tour is cancelled. Then you can run your mouth all you want. Oh and... maybe you didn't notice... but Guns isn't the only band playing the event. *lightbulb moment*

As for the Axl late thing. It's a joke. it was a joke that was made on Kimmel. Everyone goofs on Axl being late. Way to be "offended" though. Braaaavo.

Saber,

Tickets are not selling on the Australian tour. That is not doom and gloom, trolling, exaggerating or anything else. That is a stone cold fact. Why do you think they are doing a 2 for 1 deal? because ticket sales are strong and its selling great?

I think denial has reached new heights with you saying that comment was simply a joke. Last time NuGNR were here there were mass walkouts and massive complaints about how late Axl was. Why are you saying I'm offended? I'm laughing at the fact that the promoter has addressed this issue in this ad and in his facebook group reassuring people numerous times that Axl will be on time this tour. This is not a joke you idiot, the promoter is desperate to start selling some tickets!

Not surprised.

TBH I wouldn't pay for GnR show anymore, and certainly wouldn't even consider a Slash show. In fact had the opportunity to go free not long ago, and passed that on. Slash shows are sterile and boring, whilst despite having new music, its plain bad new music and pretty much musically irrelevant if I'm honest.

Whilst GNR are churning out the same tour over n' over, doing nothing different and pushing no new music out there (whilst the album they are sorta touring, bombed).

Only hope is this is a good thing. Axl learns his band is irrelevant, gets in shape, and just focuses on enjoying making music again,...with the Gnr tag or not. Whilst Slash hopefully just stops...he is just as embarrassing, if not more so.

Duff & Izzy are the only ones with some sort of self respect these days, and who try enjoy music and do something with it (not recycle the same garbage).

Time to break the poor Axl fans hearts........LINK 1: 2 for 1 deal -- http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=ESSD0000013AM&utm_source=GUNSKISS&utm_medium=FriendlyLink&utm_campaign=ESSD0000013AMLINK 2: GNR downgrade from 30,000+ stadium to 6,000 seat venue (a venue clash with a football team is cited for the reason) :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: The usual suspects will of course believe this. http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1304388/knights-beat-guns-n-roses-to-stadium/To top it off, this is part of an email I got from the promoter McManus Entertainment...How pathetic, they wrote on there "management says this time Axl will be on time" LOL :rofl-lol: They actually have to put that in the advert! :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:RndgNxj.jpg

This is what I'm talking about. "Axl fans". Why come here if you're not a fan of Axl?

If you're waiting for Axl and Guns N' Roses to fall, why come here? I just don't get it. I get there are people here who don't like Axl and love Slash, but Slash LEFT this band 17 years ago. I don't know why anyone would waste their time on posting on a forum dedicated to someone they don't like.

I fucking hate Bon Jovi therefor I don't cupcake around on Bon Jovi forums bashing him and his band. I have better things to do (like posting here hehe). But I cannot make any sense outta people who hate someone yet can't stop talking about them.

The explanation is pretty simple. A LOT of bands have decided to come to Australia this Summer for the major cash grab, Australia being one of the only places on earth at this current time where the economy is doing quite well (and it's summer time). HOWEVER, Guns n Roses decided relatively late in the peace to tour. I have decided to go to every show I want to and as a result I have spent $1,200 on concert tickets for the February-April period. Most people would not be prepared to spend this kind of money in a 3 month period. The result? Poor ticket sales. :shrugs:

(Mind you, it didn't fall on deaf ears that Melbourne ticket sales have been good. Melbournians have good taste, what can I say? :lol:)

Is this really a surprise? The jig is up with GNR, people are on to them, even us. The touring jukebox won't last much longer unless they go to Iraq next.

Of course they always will sell a couple of thousand tickets wherever they go because the GNR logo holds a lot of prestige but realistically America, The UK, Ireland now Australia have no time for this incarnation of the band. The mystery has gone.

Axl's my dude, I love the guy but the last two years have been hard to take. He is a complete joke. You can't defend a 5 year greatest hits tour, trust me I've tried.

This x10. Things are going down a slippery slope.

This is what I'm talking about. "Axl fans". Why come here if you're not a fan of Axl?

If you're waiting for Axl and Guns N' Roses to fall, why come here? I just don't get it. I get there are people here who don't like Axl and love Slash, but Slash LEFT this band 17 years ago. I don't know why anyone would waste their time on posting on a forum dedicated to someone they don't like.

This.

The explanation is pretty simple. A LOT of bands have decided to come to Australia this Summer for the major cash grab, Australia being one of the only places on earth at this current time where the economy is doing quite well (and it's summer time). HOWEVER, Guns n Roses decided relatively late in the peace to tour. I have decided to go to every show I want to and as a result I have spent $1,200 on concert tickets for the February-April period. Most people would not be prepared to spend this kind of money in a 3 month period. The result? Poor ticket sales. :shrugs:

(Mind you, it didn't fall on deaf ears that Melbourne ticket sales have been good. Melbournians have good taste, what can I say? :lol:)

And this.

...but they GOTTA stop touring though. It's getting embarrassing.

This.

>The explanation is pretty simple. A LOT of bands have decided to come to Australia this Summer for the major cash grab, Australia being one of the only places on earth at this current time where the economy is doing quite well (and it's summer time). HOWEVER, Guns n Roses decided relatively late in the peace to tour. I have decided to go to every show I want to and as a result I have spent $1,200 on concert tickets for the February-April period. Most people would not be prepared to spend this kind of money in a 3 month period. The result? Poor ticket sales. :shrugs:

And this.

...but they GOTTA stop touring though. It's getting embarrassing.

Definitely! They really need to release an album soon. If Guns were touring here in support of a new record, I think ticket sales wouldn't be an issue.

This thread is hilarious. Schippy acts like Guns are the first band to ever do a 2 for 1 deal. Newsflash, I got a 2 for 1 on Rush tickets and they're a huge, viable live act, and on Megadeth/Motorhead. Guess no one is interested in those bands.

Also - nice spin doctoring. You criticize GNR but this benefits the KISS/Crue tour just as much.

It's called marketing. Lots of tours do it.

They added a second show in Melbourne and downsized Newcastle. I'd say that sounds like a draw. They fact that certain people want to declare a tour a failure over a week before it happens, and the fact that ticket sales apparently mean more to them than the music, is kinda sad.