best Guns show of ALL TIME?

Un42nutzly

Best of all time? That's a tough one.

My favorite is Rio 2001, but I don't know if it's the "best of all time"

That's understandable considering the anticipation of that show and the vibe in general.?

But am i the one infatuated with Argentina 93

Edited by GNRFan53

That's understandable considering the anticipation of that show and the vibe in general.

Yeah, exactly. Overall band performance wasn't anything outstanding, but they had their moments. Madagascar and The Blues, for example were amazing.

Axl seemed very optimistic as well. Too bad he wasted ten years of good voice on the opening scream of Welcome To The Jungle. Since that intro, he never sounded the same again. Heh...

That's understandable considering the anticipation of that show and the vibe in general.
Yeah, exactly. Overall band performance wasn't anything outstanding, but they had their moments. Madagascar and The Blues, for example were amazing.

Axl seemed very optimistic as well. Too bad he wasted ten years of good voice on the opening scream of Welcome To The Jungle. Since that intro, he never sounded the same again. Heh...

Yeah i mean thinking Bout it, its crazy how a voice can change completely over 6 or so years.

Yeah i mean thinking Bout it, its crazy how a voice can change completely over 6 or so years.

6 years? See the change from 2010 to 2011, it's sad.

Edited by ManetsBR

Axl must have been told that all the rasp was hurting his voice, thats all i can think of. He stoll uses the rasp when needed.

Axl must have been told that all the rasp was hurting his voice, thats all i can think of. He stoll uses the rasp when needed.

I cannot emphasize enough how GREAT the 2012 show at Roseland Ballroom in NYC was. It blew me away and exceeded even MY expectations. I have seen the new line up, in it's various incarnations, 7 times and this easily took the cake, with the the first Hammerstein Ballroom show in 2006 in NYC coming in 2nd. I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that the Roseland show was one of the best concerts in New York City history.

Edited by Tyson

I cannot emphasize enough how GREAT the 2012 show at Roseland Ballroom in NYC was. It blew me away and exceeded even MY expectations. I have seen the new line up, in it's various incarnations, 7 times and this easily took the cake, with the the first Hammerstein Ballroom show in 2006 in NYC coming in 2nd. I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that the Roseland show was one of the best concerts in New York City history.

Despite the clean vocals that show fucking kicked ass. I was right up front against the barrier. And it was awesome they opened with Jungle. Amazing show. It was just so personal. :)

Old days? London 1987 (The Marquee)

Illusions? Paris, Argentina, or Chicago (all 1992)

Bucket/Finck era? Boston 2002

2006-present? Rock am Ring, LA 2006, lots from 2010 (Axl was very consistent that year vocally)

Broadcast wise. Rock AM Ring, Ritz. People went holy shit at Nightrain from AM after seeing VMAS in my circle

That Nightrain was my "go to" video for a long time to show people that Axl could still nail it.

Old days? London 1987 (The Marquee)

Illusions? Paris, Argentina, or Chicago (all 1992)

Bucket/Finck era? Boston 2002

2006-present? Rock am Ring, LA 2006, lots from 2010 (Axl was very consistent that year vocally)

Broadcast wise. Rock AM Ring, Ritz. People went holy shit at Nightrain from AM after seeing VMAS in my circle

That Nightrain was my "go to" video for a long time to show people that Axl could still nail it.

Agree with every selection in this post. Although think that Rock AM Ring is actually very over-rated here. Think LA far surpasses it for 06.

I'd say the London shows for 2010.