VH1 Deletes Link to GNR Broadcast

jimb0

my opinion has always been Axl has the ability to do any voice he wants. The rasp takes more of a toll on ur voice though and its hard as hell to do three hour shows night after night like that. Go listen to the illusion shows, the whole 3 hours. A lot of the nights Axl sounded great at the start of the show and by the end he sounded like shit because he had thrown his voice out. I think he has figured out how to save his voice, use the rasp when he needs it, and not end up with vocal issues.

He's Axl Rose. If he's not singing in his low voice he needs rasp.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSL's Egor said that the show has been taken off Palladia completely now. So looks like it's officially a wrap now.

Did something happen today in your personal or professional life that caused you to seek emotional refuge on the internet by targeting strangers with negativity?

Nope, just calling it like I see it :) .

Guest Gunns

I also think London 2010 was Axl turning it on, because he has a great crowd and Duff there, and he was showing Duff that, yeah i still got.

but he was like that for most, if not all for 2010..

...I'm still waiting

EDIT: And of course those are videos that you shot and uploaded yourself.

Cute. Way to stay objective.

How could I prove my point better than to give you videos from the exact position I was in, from the exact shows I was at? That was the whole point. What's my ulterior motive, a couple extra views? :rolleyes:

You responded to a post where I said he sounded good at the shows I was at and asked to be linked to videos where he sounded good at Vegas... I linked you to videos that I shot on purpose in light of that.

I think the fucker should try.

Rehearse, take care of your voice, take care of you body.

Then promote something you can be proud of. Not just because it's a decent performance, but because it's you giving everything you possibly can.

The guy does fuck all, and everybody on here somehow acts baffled when the general public and people with the ability to get their heads out of Axl's ass laughs in his face in cases like this.

Is this what YOU do when you release your concerts from your albums? I got an idea, come back from fantasyland and realize you have no idea what he is about, what he is thinking, and what it is like to be him. I love it when people who have never done shit in music tell Axl what to do. I bet he doesn't care how you run your life.

I think the fucker should try.

Rehearse, take care of your voice, take care of you body.

Then promote something you can be proud of. Not just because it's a decent performance, but because it's you giving everything you possibly can.

The guy does fuck all, and everybody on here somehow acts baffled when the general public and people with the ability to get their heads out of Axl's ass laughs in his face in cases like this.

Is this what YOU do when you release your concerts from your albums? I got an idea, come back from fantasyland and realize you have no idea what he is about, what he is thinking, and what it is like to be him. I love it when people who have never done shit in music tell Axl what to do. I bet he doesn't care how you run your life.

And let's ask people who have done shit in music what's the best approach to take. What do you reckon they say? "Yeah bro, just go out there and wing it!"? :rolleyes: .

...I'm still waiting

EDIT: And of course those are videos that you shot and uploaded yourself.

Cute. Way to stay objective.

How could I prove my point better than to give you videos from the exact position I was in, from the exact shows I was at? That was the whole point. What's my ulterior motive, a couple extra views? :rolleyes:

You responded to a post where I said he sounded good at the shows I was at and asked to be linked to videos where he sounded good at Vegas... I linked you to videos that I shot on purpose in light of that.

He does not sound good in those videos. 80-90% of it is Mickey. I wouldn't call a little rasp here and there, just barely hiding the Mickey voice, a good performance.

My two cents;

Cancellation; I reckon it will be due to the minimal CD song exposure (seem to have read somewhere that only Chinese was included in the footage for broadcast?), which leads to gnr camp wanting more CD stuff and less of the old stuff, and the network wanting more old stuff and less CD stuff since it's more likely to succeed and is a safer bet.

Axl's voice in general: IMO he needs to get in better shape to help him regain more control over his voice, and also perhaps work on some various vocal techniques (whatever they may be) to help get back to being able to push his vocals more comfortably and get that gritty break up at the right time/place of songs, some of the recent footage I've seen of him he appears really uncomfortable and straining (not in a good way). He has always been inconsistent, but was able to disguise this far better in his younger years.

MSL's Egor said that the show has been taken off Palladia completely now. So looks like it's officially a wrap now.

Did something happen today in your personal or professional life that caused you to seek emotional refuge on the internet by targeting strangers with negativity?

But dissatisfaction in your personal or professional life could be the reason that you see things so negatively. If deep down you weren't so unhappy, there'd be no reason to spend your time online trying to tear others down to feel better about yourself.

>MSL, you were a GN'R fan when you were 5?

Oh yes. I've been obsessed ever since Sweet Child O' Mine started airing on MTV in heavy rotation. At that age, I liked pretty much anything MTV was pushing. Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, etc. I outgrew a lot of that stuff by the time I was 7 or 8, but never lost interest in GNR. By the early 90s, they were by far my favorite band. Here's a picture of me from back then:

msl9large.jpg

Damn, I have to give props. That's bad ass.

Gangster....

Axl called the 2002 VMA's an atrocity? in 2006. Maybe he saw the broadcast for the first time Saturday and pulled the plug.

Maybe he thought his voice was good but thought his stage moves looked silly.

But dissatisfaction in your personal or professional life could be the reason that you see things so negatively. If deep down you weren't so unhappy, there'd be no reason to spend your time online trying to tear others down to feel better about yourself.

>>>MSL, you were a GN'R fan when you were 5?

Oh yes. I've been obsessed ever since Sweet Child O' Mine started airing on MTV in heavy rotation. At that age, I liked pretty much anything MTV was pushing. Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, etc. I outgrew a lot of that stuff by the time I was 7 or 8, but never lost interest in GNR. By the early 90s, they were by far my favorite band. Here's a picture of me from back then:

msl9large.jpg

No deep seeded, hidden emotional issues here, guy. Just calling a spade, a spade. I always found it funny how the guy's kinda like your lap dog. It was just a simple little funny.

Edited by Bobbo

Broadcasters show what people wanna see, as simple as that. Axl could have delivered 10 new albums since UYI but the setlist would have probably been the same. Gn'R is a nostalgia act and Axl and his management should just accept it for good or do the right thing and start a new band with another name.

Edited by trqster

Contract issues is as tenuous a reason as it gets. I'm surprised it got as far as it did without a contract being signed. Unless Axl didn't realise this was going ahead.

I'm assuming Axl needs to sign off on any matters relating to GNR?

Can't say i'm surprised, wonder if the leak jepardised it at all?

I can't believe people are still defending this shit. Whatever the reason for the cancellation, this show should never have been broadcast. It is not up to standard and as a business decision it stinks.

Maybe they just wanted to cement the idea in the mind of the general public that Axl can't deliver anymore. You can't blame them, every major TV broadcast by post 2000 GNR has been a disaster.

Releasing a great concert from 2010 would have only confused people.

I can't believe people are still defending this shit. Whatever the reason for the cancellation, this show should never have been broadcast. It is not up to standard and as a business decision it stinks.

Maybe they just wanted to cement the idea in the mind of the general public that Axl can't deliver anymore. You can't blame them, every major TV broadcast by post 2000 GNR has been a disaster.

Releasing a great concert from 2010 would have only confused people.

I don't think the general TV viewing public would know the difference between a 2010 show and a 2013 show so I doubt that would matter.