March 9th, 2013 - Perth, Australia

Guest Gunns

Apparently you don't know ALL the defintions of the word "self-righteous". Here's the one I used:

Main Entry: selfrigh·teous

Pronunciation: \-ˈrī-chəs\

Function: adjective

Date: circa 1680

: convinced of one's own righteousness especially in contrast with the actions and beliefs of others.

By the way, stating your opinion as "objective truth" makes you seem silly and self-righteous (as by the above definition).

Ali

Does claiming that I am self-righteous make you self-righteous, by your definition? It certainly appears to.

Do you not see how silly that argument was in the first place?

Do we need to have a conversation about "objective truth"? Or can you simply admit that the out of tune, out of breath falsetto sounds terrible compared to any of the videos I have posted (and will continue to post, if necessary)?

NOT TO BE AN ASSHOLE...but ummm...have you ever watched this show? by the second half of the show Axl has completely thrown his voice out and barely makes it through. Fast forward to paradise and anyone can see why Axl sings the way he does today. He grew up, learned how to control his voice and is a much more consistent singer today then he was in any period of the original band.

I just listened to Rose sing Perfect Crime at one hour and thirty-seven minutes into the show.

You were saying?

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you don't know ALL the defintions of the word "self-righteous". Here's the one I used:

: convinced of one's own righteousness especially in contrast with the actions and beliefs of others.

By the way, stating your opinion as "objective truth" makes you seem silly and self-righteous (as by the above definition).

Ali

Does claiming that I am self-righteous make you self-righteous, by your definition? It certainly appears to.

Do we need to have a conversation about "objective truth"? Or can you simply admit that the out of tune, out of breath falsetto sounds terrible compared to any of the videos I have posted (and will continue to post, if necessary)?

NOT TO BE AN ASSHOLE...but ummm...have you ever watched this show? by the second half of the show Axl has completely thrown his voice out and barely makes it through. Fast forward to paradise and anyone can see why Axl sings the way he does today. He grew up, learned how to control his voice and is a much more consistent singer today then he was in any period of the original band.

I don't know man...he was pretty damn consistent pre-UYI world tour. It was the later part of the tour and post UYI tour when it got inconsistent. And even 2006 he was pretty damn consistent. 2010-2012 he has been incredibly inconsistent.

Edited by axlrosefan1

For fuck's sake.

You pair are ruining this thread with your petty semantics. This is a thread about the new tour. Take your shitty little weasel argument onto private messaging so the rest of us don't have to endure your pathetic bickering.

And to the guy selectively choosing videos from 25 years ago to prove your point - this proves nothing. Of course you can find good vocal performances from the hundreds of options if you are selective enough. We could do the same now. Were you at the concert last night? So why do you give a shit?

Edited by highvoltage
No need for the insult....

And, once again, when you resort to such extreme examples in your analogies, you reveal the weakness of your argument.

Ali

Those analogies actually show the strength of my argument. Please don't accuse me of being self-righteous for posting that.

They show the strength of my argument because they crystallize how objective truths cannot be denied by those of you who wallow in the land of the supposed subjective. Sure, you can find someone who prefers Plan 9 From Outer Space. That doesn't change the objective truth that The Godfather is the better film. I realize that apologists often try to make the work of an artist as somehow just a matter of preference, but my extremes only show the silliness of such arguments. It isn't all subjective. Art (music, film, etc.) can be objectively measured. Is The Godfather better than The Godfather Part II? That's subjective. That's an opinion. But both of them are far superior to The Godfather Part III. That's not subjective. That's just a statement of fact.

What is that, six and a half years ago?

Ali

I just listened to Rose sing Perfect Crime at one hour and thirty-seven minutes into the show.

You were saying?

The whole show...its a three hour show...listen to the last hour...i admit some of the illusion stuff was great but dont forget how many shows got cancelled because of Axl's voice problems...the never happens now.

1e368ab2893d11e2914122000a9f1439_7.jpg

I'm trying to think of a way to describe this picture, but I've got nothing.

I want him to roll out onto the stage on it. He could duct tape his mic to it then he could be still and focus on his singing but also be moving around at the same time!

Edited by nightrain86

That was fantastic - my favorite SCOM from the last few years was from Paris/Bercy '06/'07 when he wrapped the French tricolor around his shoulders. But, this sounded really, really good - both Axl's vocals and the band were top notch. You lucky Aussies :thumbsup:

>Sounded fuckn' great to me. Voice was full and strong enough to carry notes, big crowd, tight band.

Fuck the Haters. They clearly don't know what they are talking about. It's just nonsensical dribbling of hate from the usual bitches here stuck on Axl-hating autopilot.

:shrugs:

+1

Lol yeah, some of the usual suspects sound so ridiculous when they're trying that hard.

haters?

I'd say people who have got ears...

this is pure mickey, no energy there....

Preference is always subjective, never objective, and as such, always a matter of opinion.

Ali

Do you really prefer Axl's current voice?

if your answer is yes, you are deaf....

And, once again, when you resort to such extreme examples in your analogies, you reveal the weakness of your argument.

Ali

agreed, but you kissing Axl's ass even when he doesn't deserve it...

So your "arguments" are invalid piece of...