March 9th, 2013 - Perth, Australia

Guest Gunns

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched a few videos and he sounds surprisingly decent. He's quite great (especially on Paradise City) but he's reasonably solid. Didn't lose breath, had strength in his voice, did the screams well enough and didn't sound anywhere near as whiny as he did a year ago. 2011 and 2012 had left a really bad taste in my mouth and this is a definite improvement.

He sounded great on SCOM and Jungle. I havent watched anything else yet. Mickey Mouse is really the dumbest fuckin way of describing his voice. You sound like a bunch of annoyong girls. I hear an annoying girls voice saying mickey mouse mickey mouse team brazil fat not skinny mickey mouuusee! As she stomps her feet.

I just watched a few videos and he sounds surprisingly decent. He's quite great (especially on Paradise City) but he's reasonably solid. Didn't lose breath, had strength in his voice, did the screams well enough and didn't sound anywhere near as whiny as he did a year ago. 2011 and 2012 had left a really bad taste in my mouth and this is a definite improvement.

This!

This!

Wow, terrible performance. No rasp, no power. Can't see the difference between this and 2011/2012. He barely moves on stage, wasn't that supposed to help him to sing better?

Will Axl hide behind glasses and hats for the rest of his life?

Youtube doesn't do justis to gnr ... I have been to a lot of gnr concerts not all where great but most of them where awesome but when i looked those concerts back on youtube most of the times it was like o my god that sounds terrible

Bullshit. This argument holds no water whatsoever, if that were the case then youtube videos from 2006-2010 would also sound weak. None of them do, cameras haven't just become incapable of efficiently recording Axl's voice all of a sudden.

Edited by Graeme

Wow, terrible performance. No rasp, no power. Can't see the difference between this and 2011/2012. He barely moves on stage, wasn't that supposed to help him to sing better?

Will Axl hide behind glasses and hats for the rest of his life?

No surprises from you. You're the one who's fucking boring.

Youtube doesn't do justis to gnr ... I have been to a lot of gnr concerts not all where great but most of them where awesome but when i looked those concerts back on youtube most of the times it was like o my god that sounds terrible

When you're at the concert, it's harder to tell if his voice sounds good or not. It's very hard to tell whether or not he's using "rasp". If anything, YouTube videos and audio recordings are a much better way to tell whether or not his voice sounds good.

Would you rather watch a show on YT where he sounds bad, or be there live where he sounds good even when he actually sounds bad? That's why people who go to the shows always say he was great. I'd much rather be there live and feel like I heard a great show than listen later and find it actually kind of sucked.

mods, i know my opinion is negative but at least i'm on topic. on the other hand, guys like flayer, brainsaber, lolcano keep insulting people on every thread,.

Yes, truly this is despicable behavior that should not be tolerated around here :jerkoff:

photo-thumb-8696.jpg?_r=1362547115 Posted by maynard on 06 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

MLS bores me so much, i even stopped posting lately because of brainsaber and mls moronic posts.

photo-thumb-8696.jpg?_r=1362547115 Posted by maynard on 25 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

i know it's the attitude section but damn, brainsaber only posts shit.

photo-thumb-8696.jpg?_r=1362547115 Posted by maynard on 18 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

volcano, brainsaber, sailaway and axl8203 are the scum of this forum.

photo-thumb-8696.jpg?_r=1362547115 Posted by maynard on 13 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

sorry lolcano, but i deserve more than you do, i'm a fan of the band for decades, not since CD release like you.
photo-thumb-8696.jpg?_r=1362547115 Posted by maynard on 02 February 2013 - 11:59 PM
I'm a better fan than lolcano and brainfart.

photo-thumb-8696.jpg?_r=1362547115 Posted by maynard on 16 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

brainfart, your threads are very stupid.

He sounds amazing to me. Haters are just kids stuck in 91.

You really need to drop the "stuck in 91" thing from your attack list because no one in the GNR world is "stuck in 91" more than Axl himself, and it is not in a good way.

If you are going to attack people for supposedly being "stuck in 91" you had best start with the Dear Leader, and go from there.

I don't know how Axl thinks he's moving away from the old band, when he's playing even less nu songs than before, and milks what he did with the real deal did more, and more, and more.

Yes, it's what the people want. But surely that's not gonna help in taking the nu guys seriously. And it's not saying much about Axl's career since '96. It just makes them miss the real deal more, and fills a lot of heads with "Yeah, this is ok, but I wish Slash (&co) were here instead" and "Axl N' the cover guys" instead of "Wow this IS Guns N' Roses!!!" :shrugs:

Edited by Bobbo

To the boring, whiny bitches moaning about the concert.....

Were you there last night?

No? So why do you give a shit.

And to anyone who knows how to post photographs - maybe its worth starting a new thread with the pictures and speculation about Axl's throat. That looks pretty serious.... and it could explain his voice, and the length of time it took to release Chinese Democracy.

You really need to drop the "stuck in 91" thing from your attack list because no one in the GNR world is "stuck in 91" more than Axl himself, and it is not in a good way.

If you are going to attack people for supposedly being "stuck in 91" you had best start with the Dear Leader, and go from there.

If Axl was stuck in 91 he'd agree to a reunion. You're the one stuck in 91.

If Axl was stuck in 91 he'd agree to a reunion.

Massive Fail.

Notice how I said "and not in a good way".

He is stuck in 1991 mentally without any of the good stuff that accompanied that period.....i.e, the old band and his voice.

Some of you swingers are so desperate and eager to defend the Dear Leader that you don't even finish sentences before hitting the reply button.

That is unhealthy, and something you might want to consider looking into as far as professional help.

32 pages about being stuck in 1991 and a singing mickey mouse

incredible :popcorn:

Sadly that is the byproduct of following a band that doesn't actually create new music for the fans to talk about.

The biggest things we have to talk about are switching out one 20 year old song for another or cancelled TV concerts.

Axl and Team Brazil encourage this by demanding the band stay perpetually in neutral.

I'm worried about the vocals. Singing any song without rasp is unacceptable.

That's what made him famous in the first place, but yet a lot of you think it's OKAY to use a clean voice on songs that never had clean vocals.

When I go to a GNR show I come for Axl's powerful, raspy voice. Without that I'd might as well go to Slash's shows.

I have been disappointed with this since the last tour started. What has happened since 2010?

Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of NuGNR for years now but those vocals aren't GNR.

I know I'll get bashed for this but I'm tired of defending Axl.