**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But we know nothing. You already have Slash, hung drawn and quartered. For all we know, Axl may have been trying to con Slash out of his revenues. We just do not know. Threatening to boycott Slash's releases is a stupid knee jerk reaction.

• Like 2

I could maybe get behind this if Slash just came out in the open and detailed how Axl has made GNR a laughing stock and how he (Slash) isn't going to just sit by and let his songs be licensed for release by these hacks under the GNR name without taking a hefty cut. You love the press, right Slash? Just make a fucking statement.

Except that's not even his point apparently, he just wants more money. :lol:

Does he really, though? According to whom? I mean, how much money could we really be talking for this piece of shit (the blu ray not Slash)?

I was just trying to show that I am in fact fair, and a fan of both men. I also feel they are both EQUALLY to blame for the demise of gnr. But this news, at least for me, shows that Slash is indeed two faced and is a much bigger part in this whole drama than he owns up to.

But we know nothing. You already have Slash, hung drawn and quartered. For all we know, Axl may have been trying to con Slash out of his revenues. We just do not know. Threatening to boycott Slash's releases is a stupid knee jerk reaction.

I'm sorry but even if he is fighting for revenue is bull shit. He is still getting a cut, and he isn't even performing. It's still a shitty excuse imo, and as I said before, Slash has released A LOT more classic gnr material than Axl has, so clearly Axl oked his releases. I'm sorry but it's a fucking shitty move any way you want to try and spin it.

I was just trying to show that I am in fact fair, and a fan of both men. I also feel they are both EQUALLY to blame for the demise of gnr. But this news, at least for me, shows that Slash is indeed two faced and is a much bigger part in this whole drama than he owns up to.

Im a fan of both together. But Saul always was two faced. I think it's time to even the score here. Axl was taking the shit for so long and it's ridiculous. Besides that, i think primarily it's the LAWYERS fault. They are the ones screwing us at the end of the day. They don't give a shit about music/art, just want to milk the fucking money from 2 guys who haven't spoke in decades.

Im a fan of both together. But Saul always was two faced. I think it's time to even the score here. Axl was taking the shit for so long and it's ridiculous. Besides that, i think primarily it's the LAWYERS fault. They are the ones screwing us at the end of the day. They don't give a shit about music/art, just want to milk the fucking money from 2 guys who haven't spoke in decades.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind, or in this case a world without Guns n' Roses. Getting even, or revenge is NEVER okay. Us fans are the ones losing AGAIN, but this time it's Slash's fault, which appears VERY difficult for Slash supporters to admit to....

Is it really necessary to call Slash by Saul? :lol:

I can call it Slash if there was music or some type of art involved. Since there are any, and we are talking about legal issues.. Saul fits well. Saul is a cool name. On a side note, who were you???

Dexter:

It doesn’t bother me unless it’s being done at my expense and or to keep him associated as in Guitar Hero. Him being Guitar Hero’s fine but not when Activison in using Jungle, having Yahoo use Sweet Child unauthorized, claims no involvement with Slash, his or anyone’s image or VR or anyone or anyone’s music in either camp in promotion or commercials etc. I wasn’t broadsided. I read about it as it moved along but Activision continually denied it right up to the release. That’s some low life chicanery on all their parts.

Yes Slash was in Guns and on Jungle (and the whole I came to him for his riff is as much crap as him saying he brought Locomotive and Coma in as complete songs) and he has rights to perform it but not to be represented in this context in association with Guns. And since they weren’t granted the license it’ll take some sorting.

Universal has Guns under contract but I own the name.

I don’t have problems with whoever doing the songs but film or video gets into sync rights and I don’t have an interest in anyone new, old or whatever trying to sell themselves as GNR under another name that way.

It’s my understanding the lawyers were scammed like the everyone else so for them to continually try and find a way to reverse things is normal and would seem appropriate but again it NEVER Happened.

Edited by Russel Nash
  • Like 1

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind, or in this case a world without Guns n' Roses. Getting even, or revenge is NEVER okay. Us fans are the ones losing AGAIN, but this time it's Slash's fault, which appears VERY difficult for Slash supporters to admit to....

I admit it's Slash's "fault", but I support him. Axl hates Slash, give him good reasons to hate him then. I think Slash tried to bury the hatchet a few times. After the no show to the HOF he realized that they'll never get together again, so no need to try to be nice anymore. Give Axl hell, Slash, hehe, I'll get some pop corn.

I can call it Slash if there was music or some type or art involved. Since there are any, and we are talking about legal issues.. Saul fits well. Saul is a cool name. On a side note, who were you???

Dexter:

It doesn’t bother me unless it’s being done at my expense and or to keep him associated as in Guitar Hero. Him being Guitar Hero’s fine but not when Activison in using Jungle, having Yahoo use Sweet Child unauthorized, claims no involvement with Slash, his or anyone’s image or VR or anyone or anyone’s music in either camp in promotion or commercials etc. I wasn’t broadsided. I read about it as it moved along but Activision continually denied it right up to the release. That’s some low life chicanery on all their parts.

Yes Slash was in Guns and on Jungle (and the whole I came to him for his riff is as much crap as him saying he brought Locomotive and Coma in as complete songs) and he has rights to perform it but not to be represented in this context in association with Guns. And since they weren’t granted the license it’ll take some sorting.

I don’t have problems with whoever doing the songs but film or video gets into sync rights and I don’t have an interest in anyone new, old or whatever trying to sell themselves as GNR under another name that way.

It’s my understanding the lawyers were scammed like the everyone else so for them to continually try and find a way to reverse things is normal and would seem appropriate but again it NEVER Happened.

So why don't you call Axl Bill?

Ah forget it...

I can call it Slash if there was music or some type or art involved. Since there are any, and we are talking about legal issues.. Saul fits well. Saul is a cool name. On a side note, who were you???

Dexter:

So why don't you call Axl Bill?

Ah forget it...

Did you realize that Slash is not his legal name right?

Edit on Dexter post: seems to me that someone at Universal is fucking with Axl.

Edited by Russel Nash

Karma has been kicking Axl's ass for 20 years now.

This wouldn't be near the problem it is now if he weren't so stuck in the past and entirely reliant on nostalgia/the past.

Kind of a problem when your business model involves strictly milking the past, yet you don't have full control of the past you want to milk.

Axl needs to bring in some adults to start cleaning up this mess.

• Like 1

I admit it's Slash's "fault", but I support him. Axl hates Slash, give him good reasons to hate him then. I think Slash tried to bury the hatchet a few times. After the no show to the HOF he realized that they'll never get together again, so no need to try to be nice anymore. Give Axl hell, Slash, hehe, I'll get some pop corn.

This is the type of hypocracy that does't make sense to me. (I'm not saying you do these things, but rather Slash supporters in general). They will point out all of Axl's missteps, call him a dick, egomaniac, killed gnr, etc. But when Slash does something just as bad, "I'll get some pop corn". So when your guy is being a dick, and clearly one of the main reasons gnr is in the state it's in, it's funny. But when Axl does it, everyone calls him a douchebag and everything else under the sun.

Appetite for HYPOCRACY!!!!

I can call it Slash if there was music or some type of art involved. Since there are any, and we are talking about legal issues.. Saul fits well. Saul is a cool name. On a side note, who were you???

Dexter:

I was reading your post, thinking you had written it all. I was concerned for a second. Thought maybe you were having a stroke. Then I realized you were quoting Axl. :lol:

Dexter:

I was reading your post, thinking you had written it all. I was concerned for a second. Thought maybe you were having a stroke. Then I realized you were quoting Axl. :lol:

Na, im not an english speaking person, i get bored after 3 or 4 sentences.

But it's really something what Axl told us there, also he's telling us he is not going to the RNRHOF.. all this in 2008.

[sorry this is a duplicate post- I put this in the Thank You Nobody Thread but I guess it belongs here instead. At any rate it gives ya'll a chance to completely ignore it twice. :) ]

I still wonder how anyone can believe that this organization* truly thought they had everything squared away, legal/ copyright t's crossed, etc etc for this release to see daylight, that they sincerely were just about to get this out there- when all of a sudden someone popped up to block it from happening.... Is there some sort of legal injunction, writ, or restraining order type of motion that was filed at the 11th hour? Would such a document or filing (or proof of its existence anyway) be accessible by the public (under some sort of Freedom of Info grounds)?

I'm just throwing that out there... I don't know how these things work but I'm curious.

*Even considering who manages this group- and said org's track record r.e. following through on "announced" releases- it still seems inconceivable that this wouldn't have either been dealt with or announced as an impediment more recently than weeks before an announced Release Date.

This is the type of hypocracy that does't make sense to me. (I'm not saying you do these things, but rather Slash supporters in general). They will point out all of Axl's missteps, call him a dick, egomaniac, killed gnr, etc. But when Slash does something just as bad, "I'll get some pop corn". So when your guy is being a dick, and clearly one of the main reasons gnr is in the state it's in, it's funny. But when Axl does it, everyone calls him a douchebag and everything else under the sun.

Appetite for HYPOCRACY!!!!

Meh. I care about music. Slash is making music quite frequently and I enjoy what he's doing. What happens behind the scene is not really my business. Axl could do the same but no, his band can't even get in the same room to write just one song, it's not Slash's fault if the current "GNR" is a clusterfuck. He blocked a DVD, big deal, just get your ass in a studio and record with your cover band instead of making DVDs no one cares about.

Slash can be an asshole all he wants, I don't care, as long as he's releasing music.

Axl can be an asshole all he wants, I don't care, as long as he's releasing music... but he doesn't.

I'm glad to know that Slash's plan to destroy GN'R (started in 1996 ... almost 20 years ago) is now getting clearer to the public.

First, the lies about Axl forcing him to give up from GN'R name ... and now, this ...

Money talks ... he is not that different from Doug Goldstein ... shame on them.

:lol:

There should be a thread to those who want to bash Slash, delusional as they may be. This should be for the dvd discussion/speculation, imo.

Who's bashing Slash?

Facts ...

Says the guy with pictures mocking Slash in his signature line.

Everything you posted is YOUR opinion. Which you are perfectly entitled to. But to claim it is fact.......just makes you look silly.

I understand you MUST hate everything Slash related in some weird obsessive need to make yourself seem like a better Axl fan. But to be honest, posters like you are what give forums a bad name, and posters like you make all the rest of us normal Axl fans embarrassed.

But you keep hating a man that you've never met, simply because your rock Idol doesn't like him.

I'm glad to know that Slash's plan to destroy GN'R (started in 1996 ... almost 20 years ago) is now getting clearer to the public.

First, the lies about Axl forcing him to give up from GN'R name ... and now, this ...

There should be a thread to those who want to bash Slash, delusional as they may be. This should be for the dvd discussion/speculation, imo.

Who's bashing Slash?

Facts ...

If you think those are facts then you just might be the mygnrforum version of Fox News ;)

Who's bashing Slash?

Facts ...

If you think those are facts then you just might be the mygnrforum version of Fox News ;)

* Al Jazeera

xD