Eddie Trunk On Axl Rose's Interview Controversy

Subtle Signs

I guess there's nothing left to say until CD II comes out.

CD era: What we learned so far...

Axl is not a late as before but he's trying

Axl has fun...he barely gives a fuck

Axl doesn't need any guitarist

Axl doesn't know Ron is unhappy

Axl finds Dj inspirational

Axl doesn't need a record to tour

So a fun, Dj inspired, less late than before is CD II a destiny.

Why this interview cant be found on youtube?

I don't think it ever did. VH1 Classic's site doesn't seem to have it either. At least they didn't yesterday when I looked. You're really not missing much though. Trunk's surprise '06 interview with Axl is way better.

Edited by BangoSkank

"I didn't even know I was doing an interview until right before I did it"

"my manager I guess set stuff up but he didn't even tell me"

Axl doesn't know shit. How can you be responsible for your actions when you never know anything? if he really doesn't know these things, then it's probably because he lives in his own world most of the time. I can hear Beta giggling complaints.

Edited by Rovim

Why this interview cant be found on youtube?

I don't think it ever could. VH1 Classic's site doesn't seem to have it either. At least they didn't yesterday when I looked. You're really not missing much though. Trunk's surprise '06 interview with Axl is way better.

Isn't the same interview? O_o

"I didn't even know I was doing an interview until right before I did it"

"my manager I guess set stuff up but he didn't even tell me"

Axl doesn't know shit. How can you be responsible for your actions when you never know anything? if he really doesn't know these things, then it's probably because he lives in his own world most of the time. I can hear Beta giggling complaints.

I agree that Axl not knowing shit probably happens all the time. Like constantly in everything involving gnr. You have to go through his yes men (team Brazil) to get ahold of him. Then u set up stuff with his yes men and there scared shitless to bring it up to Axl because they have it made by keeping him happy. So shit like that happens were they wait to tell him because no one has the balls to tell him earlier in fear of him getting mad or some shit. I'm sure this goes for interviews show times (better recently) appearances etc.

And that's gnr

Really interesting to hear Eddie explain that. Wasn't Beta Axl's manager then? How could she not tell Axl that Eddie Trunk was there, waiting to interview him? Doesn't seem right to me - or good management... :shrugs:

How naive all of you are.... Do you really believe Axl for this story??

I kind of do because honestly lie or not it doesn't make him look any better. It makes him look like a old retired fart who sits on his ass not knowing anything that goes on in gnr

Really interesting to hear Eddie explain that. Wasn't Beta Axl's manager then? How could she not tell Axl that Eddie Trunk was there, waiting to interview him? Doesn't seem right to me - or good management... :shrugs:

How naive all of you are.... Do you really believe Axl for this story??

I kind of do because honestly lie or not it doesn't make him look any better. It makes him look like a old retired fart who sits on his ass not knowing anything that goes on in gnr

I don't believe him for a second. And its not some big crusade to persecute Axl. But the way I see it, the bottom line is Axl does whatever the hell he wants. I think Trunk and That Metal Show set up this interview, and at some point someone told Axl, and Axl's thought process was "if it fits into my schedule, I'll do it". He's not planning for it though. And no one's pushing him (Beta). Thats why Axl just showed up at 5 am or whatever.

I think they were just lucky to get it. I get that the band plays late, but the show would have ended at 2, 3 at the absolute latest but I don't think they were going on that late around that time. But I'm guessing Axl doesn't tell people what he's doing. He doesn't tell Beta "tell Eddie that I have to shower, etc, and I'll be over in an hour." What I think happens is THAT day, Beta or someone will come up to Axl and say "by the way, we have that interview set up with Eddie Trunk" and Axl is just like, "ok", with no actual plans of doing it unless he feels like it. Someone probably reminded him once he got offstage, and at some point that night Axl was just in a good enough mood to say "ok, whatever, let's do that".

Its just who Axl is. He doesn't feel he owes anyone anything, which he doesn't, but he also doesn't seem to be very considerate. Axl and the GNR team didn't treat Eddie with respect (whether he deserved it or not, he didn't get the treatment Jimmy Kimmel got, which says a lot) and I think the interview just happened by chance because Axl felt like it. The same way he got Axl in 2006. Axl just does whatever he wants, and its nice to see that sort of unpredictability, but I don't believe Axl doesn't know about all this stuff that happens and never have. And if he doesn't do, he brings it upon himself so he doesn't have an excuse to be like "I don't know anything man".

• Like 1