New Daft Punk album - Random Access Memories

Amir

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the follow up post, but I have finally got through the entire album ... Wow. That's all I can say. Their best album by far. Consistently brilliant. Favourite track may well be contact, but it's probably subject to change. But all in all an amazing album. I'm torn between this or the next day being the best album this year... Ill sit on it and hopefully arrive at a decision some time, but at the moment RAM has the edge :)

xXx

I love the album, but I'm not sure I understand the love for Contact. I still like it, I just don't see what it is that people find mindblowing.

If I was to rank the album...

1. Lose Yourself To Dance

2. Get Lucky

3. Touch

4. Instant Crush

5. Give Life Back To Music

6. Within

7. Giorgio by Moroder

8. Beyond

9. Fragments of Time

10. Motherboard

11. The Game of Love

12. Contact

13. Doin' It Right

And that's a tough pick for me. Even though Doin' It Right is probably my least favourite track, I still really like it (not a fan of Panda Bear/Animal Collective in general, so was pleasantly surprised by this track).

Haven't listened to an album this much in ages.

Edited by Amir

Who finds that track "mindblowing"? :lol:

In my opinion, it's simply great. Gives the type of vibe you're expecting from Daft Punk. I like it, a lot.

Most of the circlejerky posts on the Daft Punk subreddit are about Contact. I can see why people, especially Daft Punk fans, like it, and I'm not saying I don't like it, either. It's just that, like I said before, I prefer the first half of the album since it's more disco-y than the more EDM-y second half.

Love Contact. And Amir, Lose Yourself To Dance is one of my least favorites :lol:

Nice to see that the love for Touch seems to be universal. What a track.

Have you listened to Lose Yourself To Dance with the bass cranked up? Really made a difference for me.

Here's hoping some clubs will be playing cuts from Random Access Memories when I come to Rio :lol: How's the album being received over there?

"...a painter in my mind..."

Gets me every time. Probably my favourite lyric from the album.

• 2 weeks later...

Love Contact. And Amir, Lose Yourself To Dance is one of my least favorites :lol:

Nice to see that the love for Touch seems to be universal. What a track.

Have you listened to Lose Yourself To Dance with the bass cranked up? Really made a difference for me.

Here's hoping some clubs will be playing cuts from Random Access Memories when I come to Rio :lol: How's the album being received over there?

"...a painter in my mind..."

Gets me every time. Probably my favourite lyric from the album.

There's heavy promotion going on and I've heard Get Lucky on the radio several times but not in clubs so far...

And yes, the lyrics to Touch are amazing.