New Buckethead Pikes Discussion

Cosmo

Pike #354: Live At The Rainbow Waterfalls Pavilion
a2400772684_2.jpg
https://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/live-at-the-rainbow-waterfalls-pavilion

On 10/21/2022 at 12:15 PM, Cosmo said:

Does anyone know if, when you buy the full discography on Bandcamp, you get updates in the future? Cos I feel like if I get the discography, it'll be outdated the next week for sure but I wanted to listen to these albums :lol:

You get Bucket's digital discography at the time of purchase.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Yeah but there could be a way to get those albums in a bundle later, too

That's why I recommended digital & physical Box Sets and bundles for the Pikes. 50 Pikes for each 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Majestic Beast said:

The price is symbolic or just Buckethead wants to earn 1 by 1 thousand dollars?:P

When you charge 1 buck for an album on bandcamp, and someone buys it, it appeara on their library and might appear as a recommendation to that person’s followers. When the album is free, it doesn’t appear on the person’s library and feed unless that person chooses “name your price” and selects 1$ or more. So by having for a dollar, he’s also spreading the word.

2 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

The price is symbolic or just Buckethead wants to earn 1 by 1 thousand dollars?:P

No, thats not what I meant. You can buy the whole album for $8.99 and the single tracks for $1 each. So, you dont have to buy the whole album. 

Pike #357: Live The Time Twisted Tree
a3868377109_2.jpg
https://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/live-the-time-twisted-tree

I don't really want to say it, but if you're looking to buy these, please at least wait until Bucket's $2 album sales before biting.  I've listened through most of these, and they all feel so same-y that it's not worth investing ten dollars an album on.  Especially since there isn't any information on where/when these were recorded, so any sentimental value like going to the show these were recorded at is difficult to find.  If you're looking for the casual experience, it might not be too hard to assemble a full-length live album with bits and pieces from several of these releases that do use various songs like The Embalmer, Fourneau Cosmique, Griffin's Spike.  

Can only assume he's been doing all these live releases because of work on his album with Azam Ali, Haunted Horror Sounds of Bucketheadland & the Pamela Colman Smith tarot card album project, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he missed those October targets.

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 3

Those $2 sales are great. I still have to complete my collection and this is a great opportunity to do so. 

I bought FBOTL (#73), Hornet (#212) and Galaxies (#292) recently. Three of my favourite Pikes.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

Those $2 sales are great. I still have to complete my collection and this is a great opportunity to do so. 

I bought FBOTL (#73), Hornets (#212) and Galaxies (#292) recently. Three of my favourite Pikes.

Great picks, I need to revisit listening to the classic pikes someday soon.  Listening to his discography used to be a semi-annual tradition, but now there are more albums than days of the year.  :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Great picks, I need to revisit listening to the classic pikes someday soon.  Listening to his discography used to be a semi-annual tradition, but now there are more albums than days of the year.  :lol:

Not if you ignore the Live Pikes. 

My favourite of the fast Pikes still is Roller Coaster Track Repair. My favourite experimental Pike would be Telescape.