New Buckethead Pikes Discussion

Cosmo

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Bill Laswell is not happy with Natternet...

kivz6uh6lql91.png?width=724&format=png&a

I don't really follow his channel, but he's posted some cool stuff over the years. Streaming the Praxis show seems to have annoyed a lot of Bucket fans though. I can see both sides of the argument tbh, Bill is right to be angry that something he was doing to pay for medical bills was streamed for free. But on the other hand, I don't know how many people who watched the show on youtube were going to pay for the stream in the first place, or even knew about Bill's health issues.

I wonder who wrote that statement.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 8:27 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Bill Laswell is not happy with Natternet...I don't really follow his channel, but he's posted some cool stuff over the years. Streaming the Praxis show seems to have annoyed a lot of Bucket fans though. I can see both sides of the argument tbh, Bill is right to be angry that something he was doing to pay for medical bills was streamed for free. But on the other hand, I don't know how many people who watched the show on youtube were going to pay for the stream in the first place, or even knew about Bill's health issues.

Personally, I'm on Natternet's side on this ordeal because the stream helped promote Praxis to much more people who are casual fans than if it stayed locked behind a paywall.  Throughout the stream, the Gofundme page for Bill Laswell was frequently posted for people to donate, and he raised well over his sixty thousand dollar goal.  Because of the limited time nature of the PPV stream before you lose access to it, I was waiting for a release on Bandcamp of the live shows before buying into them.  I don't know who's posting on behalf of Praxis, but it's sad to see a divide being created among the community.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Personally, I'm on Natternet's side on this ordeal because the stream helped promote Praxis to much more people who are casual fans than if it stayed locked behind a paywall.  Throughout the stream, the Gofundme page for Bill Laswell was frequently posted for people to donate, and he raised well over his sixty thousand dollar goal.  Because of the limited time nature of the PPV stream before you lose access to it, I was waiting for a release on Bandcamp of the live shows before buying into them.  I don't know who's posting on behalf of Praxis, but it's sad to see a divide being created among the community.

I don't really know enough about Natternet and the 'controversy' around him to take a side, but I think his Praxis stream will probably do more good than harm in the long run.

It's cool to see Bucket interacting more with fans recently though. This is a cool update to the pikes site

08dnwtcp6tl91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Like 4

Pike #328: Live Hexagonal Poultry
a1175144557_2.jpg
https://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/live-hexagonal-poultry

Pike #329: Chicken Ornaments
a2049581555_2.jpg
https://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/chicken-ornaments

Pikes 1-327 are on sale for $2 each in the Download Store
Chicken Bin Albums on sale for $3 each
Entire Pikes Discography Available for $182
Sale Ends October 1st

https://music.bucketheadpikes.com/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

@Gackt I don't know what to think about those Live Pikes. The live versions of certain songs are exciting to hear but the whole thing seems to be a easy cash grab for me. 

My big issue with them is that they are bits and pieces from shows of unknown origin.  I've been hoping these releases are just to tide people over while he (finally) finishes up releases like the Music in Pictures tarot card album that was delayed multiple times, and Haunted Horror Sounds of Bucketheadland's still scheduled for an October 2022 release.  The first single from his collaboration with Azam Ali should be coming soonish as well.

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

My big issue with them is that they are bits and pieces from shows of unknown origin.  I've been hoping these releases are just to tide people over while he (finally) finishes up releases like the Music in Pictures tarot card album that was delayed multiple times, and Haunted Horror Sounds of Bucketheadland's still scheduled for an October 2022 release.  The first single from his collaboration with Azam Ali should be coming soonish as well.

I totally forgot about the tarot card project to be honest. I think that he should find a new management or a better working shedule. 

Edited by Sosso

20 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I totally forgot about the tarot card project to be honest. I think that he should find a new management or a better working shedule. 

You can definitely tell that Bucket is his own manager, for better or worse :lol: I feel bad for whoever's been waiting for preorders from him, since there's pike releases from years ago that have yet to be fulfilled apparently...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

You can definitely tell that Bucket is his own manager, for better or worse :lol: I feel bad for whoever's been waiting for preorders from him, since there's pike releases from years ago that have yet to be fulfilled apparently...

He's a workaholic which is great but also bis biggest problem. He has so many projects that some of them get delayed so much that it becomes ridiculus. For example: I had to wait one year for the Roller Coaster Track Repair and I paid in advance. 

7 hours ago, Gackt said:

This title looks like an answer to your post 🤣

18 hours ago, Gackt said:

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1