Bates Motel Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Within)

wasted

Really enjoyed this season (perhaps not as much as the first season). The ending was as good as it could have been considering they want to go another season or two. I think the acting has been top-notch (especially the actress who plays Norma), and the story lines have been mostly compelling (thought they could have done more with Norma's boyfriend - I thought he and Norman might have a showdown).

It may not be the best show on television, but it's still better than 90 - 95 percent of what else is out there.

• Like 1

There's so many things I pick at in this show... like... back to the sheriff, does the dude wear mascara/eyeliner? :lol:

He was on LOST and I used to think the same thing but his eyelashes are just really thick :lol:

This season was pretty good but some was definitely meh. Emma just gets on my nerves all the time, and I like Vera Farmiga a lot, but the way they have Norma whining in 80% of her scenes is extremely annoying.

Still, I'm in for the long haul at this point and will continue to watch next season.

• 5 months later...

Just watched the dvd's of season 2 and I'm all caught up.

How many seasons do you think this will go on for? I'm thinking five at the most.

Season 2 extras on the dvd' s include two episodes of Bates Motel After Hours and the host does indeed use a makeup removal pad to test Romero's eyes for makeup.

I'm guessing the season three trailer should be out soon.

I hope the Bates Motel goes on until Norman kills and stuffs his mother and becomes the crazed Norman Bates that was in the Psycho movie. I hope it lasts that long and tells the whole story.

I really like Norma in this version of the story. I feel Norman was a bit of a whiner too.

Yet you can see where the story is going with Norman getting weirder and weirder as time goes on.

But I really do hope it stays on for a long time.