Bates Motel Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Within)

wasted

Guest Len B'stard

Id like to have a butchers..wouldnt it fuck up the continuity though because the 4 Psycho films cover all of Normans victims and by 4 he's burned the hotel down so whoose the murderer in the series, who does he kill?

I saw the pilot of Bates Motel, aside from the fact that it benefits from strong actors, I couldn't see the point too it and haven't bothered with it since. I am enjoying Hannibal though, it's much better than I expected it to be (although granted, also pointless).

Bates Motel seems like they're trying to make a Twin Peaks meets Dawson's Creek, and Hannibal seems like they're working CSI into the show, they're even having Larry Fishburne on.

I like getting into a show in the second season and get the DVDs or watch it online, it's been a really long time since I watched anything from the beginning and stuck with it.

Both kind of pointless. Bates is more fun exploitation. Mrs Bates is much fitter than i imagined. It was pretty addictive. Norman is pretty pimp.

Hannibal is on the edge. Makes me feel a bit queasy. Theres no outlet to it, its just really serious. Theres a lot of arteries severed.

Guest Len B'stard

In the first one he does Marion Crane, Arbogast and they find his mum and find out through his confession that he killed two other birds which is depicted in the first movie, in Psycho 2 he does over Lila Loomis and her daughter, in the 3rd one he does Jaff Fahey i think and that nun and that slapper he puts in the freezer and Psycho 4 is kinda told in flashback showing him doing his Mum and her boyfriend and having a go at maybe doing his wife later and thats meant to cover the life or Norman Bates and his various crimes/murders etc so who is he doing over in the TV series?

Yes basically. Him romancing the ladies. I think its just more of that, using those elements to make a tv series. He has a step brother and some cop is trying to arrest mrs bates for murdering someone the day after they bought the motel. I dont really know the details.

• 10 months later...

Love the Bates Motel show.

The second season begins to night.

I love how you know where the show is going, but for some reason, I find Norma likeable. I know her and Norman have a very weird relationship, but some of the things she comes out with are just too funny.

I think this show does justice to the movie Psycho.

• Like 1

Love the Bates Motel show.

The second season begins to night.

I love how you know where the show is going, but for some reason, I find Norma likeable. I know her and Norman have a very weird relationship, but some of the things she comes out with are just too funny.

I think this show does justice to the movie Psycho.

Completely agree. A marathon was on yesterday so I watched a few episodes to get a refresher and was thinking the same thing. I think it's awesome that you already know how the characters end up and you're still moved to care about them.

Edit- I also find that broad that plays Norma strangely hot.

It's kind of like the adventures of Norman Bates. They keep killing people and getting mixed up with people.

I kind of pussied out of Hannibal. You can't eat a microwave meal and watch hannibal suckling on some human liver.

Really enjoyed the first season. Went in with deep reservations, but thought they did a great job. Really like how they have included the town into the overall narrative.

Glad to hear the first episode of the new season is being applauded. Likely watch it tomorrow night.

Okay, stayed up last night to watch the first show of The Bates Motel season 2.

Norman was very annoying last night. I'm pretty sure he killed his teacher, but of course, doesn't remember it. So for the hour he kept visiting her grave and sobbed loudly at her funeral.

I really do love Norma. She's funny and I loved how she told the city counsel off and that stupid housewife.

I will be sorry to see Norman killed his mother, because I think she's the best thing about this show.

That annoying blonde girl who tried to kill herself and then shot that guy accidently really needs to go. I don't see why we need her storyline. I would rather see more of Norman's brother Dylan.

Anyway, was I seeing things or was the blonde girl's mother, the heroine in A Nightmare on Elm Street, Dream Master and Dream child? It kind of looked like her.

Anyway, looks to be another crazy season of Bates Motel.

Okay, stayed up last night to watch the first show of The Bates Motel season 2.

Norman was very annoying last night. I'm pretty sure he killed his teacher, but of course, doesn't remember it. So for the hour he kept visiting her grave and sobbed loudly at her funeral.

I really do love Norma. She's funny and I loved how she told the city counsel off and that stupid housewife.

I will be sorry to see Norman killed his mother, because I think she's the best thing about this show.

That annoying blonde girl who tried to kill herself and then shot that guy accidently really needs to go. I don't see why we need her storyline. I would rather see more of Norman's brother Dylan.

Anyway, was I seeing things or was the blonde girl's mother, the heroine in A Nightmare on Elm Street, Dream Master and Dream child? It kind of looked like her.

Anyway, looks to be another crazy season of Bates Motel.

I didn't find Norman to be annoying but I sure as hell did find Bradley to be annoying. That's the only story line I could honestly care less about. What she did at the end was bad ass though! And yeah, Norma is the shit. I loved the city counsel meeting too. I laughed pretty hard when she was like "YOU'RE A DICK!"

I went back and watched season 1 finale. I quickly remember what was going on.

I was surprised they didn't run the season 1 finale prior to the premier of 2. They ran a marathon on Sunday, but it still would've been nice if they ran the last episode right before the new one.

Yeah, Norma kicked ass that episode.

The more I see Norma, the more I'm hating that she gets killed by Norman and he stuffs her. God, we all know Norman is mentally ill, but I still find Norma funny and touchy except when she gets too close to Norman. Not good.

This season Norma gets a new man in her life. You know Norman isn't going to like this one bit. I also read the guy is supposed to be normal. lol