My biggest problem with The Beatles

Randy Lahey

I don't think there is a Beatles song on their entire discography that ain't amazing.

Why Don't We Do it in the Road says otherwise

Penny Lane too.

Boys is the shit. Chains just before it is awesome just for being a Goffin/King tune.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

Penny Lane is naff, really now?!?! I could at least see how 'cardi might think what he did cuz its slightly unusual but Penny Lane is among their very very best.

Guest Len B'stard

You're a heathen Drama, thats what you are, a bloody heathen! :lol:

I think The Beatles misogynistic tracks deserve a doff of the cap too, You Can't Do That for one and one of my favorites, Run For Your Life 'i'd rather see you dead little girl than to be with another man', settle down John :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

My biggest problem with the Beatles is that they bore me.

There, I said it.

Your a fuckin' Bruce Springsteen fan which immediately makes you assessments of music null and void, right out the gate :lol:

I enjoy listening to pretty much all of their 1965-1970 albums the whole way through. Even Let It Be, which tends to have a lesser standing with most people (I fucking love the album, personally). In fact, I had never listened to The White Album all the way through before yesterday. I always wrote it off because it was 90 minutes long and I was like "there's no way this is going to hold my attention the whole way through." Outside of the abomination that is "Revolution 9", I was absolutely amazed at how consistently good that album was.

The Beatles have like three bad songs combined from the years 1965 to 1970 on their major releases (omitting Yellow Submarine).

Guest Len B'stard

There, I said it.

Your a fuckin' Bruce Springsteen fan which immediately makes you assessments of music null and void, right out the gate totally right. :lol:

It's really not even worth addressing dear, history, reality, the truth, these things bear my perspective out...and make a mockery of yours :lol:

There, I said it.

Your a fuckin' Bruce Springsteen fan which immediately makes you assessments of music null and void, right out the gate totally right. :lol:

It's really not even worth addressing dear, history, reality, the truth, these things bear my perspective out...and make a mockery of yours :lol:

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion.

Edited by izzygirl

Guest Len B'stard

There, I said it.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion.

I'm just messin' about, you know you're my hero (that should be heroine, shouldn't it?) really :wub:

My favourite two Beatles LPs are, Help and Rubber Soul.

Magical Mystery Tour is great, particular the scene with the spaghetti and any scene with Ringo and Aunt Jess. It had a huge influence on the 70s movie brats, people like Scorsese and Coppola.

maxwell = kill it with fire

Maxwell's Silver Hammer is a brilliant song. What isn't brilliant about a song about a serial killer bashing people's skulls in, all in a sing-along, whistle friendly tune?

Agreed, it's really a cool song. It's funny and dark at the same time. Love it.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer is a brilliant song. What isn't brilliant about a song about a serial killer bashing people's skulls in, all in a sing-along, whistle friendly tune?

+1. It's fucking hilarious, and I love it. One of my favorite Paul-led ones.

I don't listen to The Beatles enough to skip songs, but I could also name almost all their songs off the top of my head.

I wonder what a GNR/Beatles fan would rather hear - an unreleased ChiDem era song or Carnival of Light....

Carnival of Light of course!

+1. It's fucking hilarious, and I love it. One of my favorite Paul-led ones.

Agreed. Awesome tune.