Bruno Mars doing a reggae style cover of Beat It

Randy Lahey

That was good, I enjoyed it. My only critique is the same one I make everytime someone covers this song, nobody ever knows what to do with eddies solo. It never gets played, or never done with justice.

That solo doesn't get the respect it deserves, because its fucking awesome. Imo its one of eddie's best. I heard a remixed version a few years back and the whole song started eddie's solo. It really made me reappreciate what a great solo it really is.

This fucker...

every song of his is the same shit. Some snivelling little he-bitch crying over how pathetic his life is because the girl he loves is off fucking some other guy. Cries in the hope she will pity his ass and come back to him

He should be hit with a shovel in the face

Guest Len B'stard

Sounds absolutely fucking fantastic right up until the chorus where the pacing gets thrown off by the skankin', other than that wow, that was pretty fuckin' brilliant.

I like Bruno Mars, he makes soppy fuckin' love songs and all of that but he also makes songs about cocaine and fuckin' like a gorilla too, it's not like...this one dimensional popstar presenting you with like one side of a postcard.

This fucker...

every song of his is the same shit. Some snivelling little he-bitch crying over how pathetic his life is because the girl he loves is off fucking some other guy. Cries in the hope she will pity his ass and come back to him

He should be hit with a shovel in the face

Yeah, sure... that's all he ever sings about...

That solo doesn't get the respect it deserves, because its fucking awesome. Imo its one of eddie's best. I heard a remixed version a few years back and the whole song started eddie's solo. It really made me reappreciate what a great solo it really is.

I don't think the solo is underrated at all. I always see it on those lists of best guitar solos of all time.

And you're right, MJ and Eddie were a match made in heaven on that song! Just like Slash and MJ on Give Into Me.

Some songs shouldn't be touched and Beat It is one of them. Bruno Mars masquerades as a talented artist but has the charisma of a damp rag.

Ahhh, Bruno Mars is such a bland artist. I think he has talent, but a lot of his songs are just mediocre. Some songs like Treasure are pretty good but a song like When I Was Your Man pretty much redefines tacky.

I don't think the solo is underrated at all. I always see it on those lists of best guitar solos of all time.

And you're right, MJ and Eddie were a match made in heaven on that song! Just like Slash and MJ on Give Into Me.

Some songs shouldn't be touched and Beat It is one of them. Bruno Mars masquerades as a talented artist but has the charisma of a damp rag.

Your right, it does get a certain amount of critical praise. But I was talking more about rock fans and van halen fans, because it really is one of eddie's 5~7 best solos. Maybe even higher. Its amazing that he only did a couple of takes with a 6 pack of beer, and was done in a couple of hours. That's when he really was the best guitar player on the planet.

Guest Len B'stard

Difference being that When I was Your Man is a neat little well written and TIL looks like the end credits to a shit 80s romance film.

This fucker...

...sad woman take it slow......

When I was Your Man is the best tune i've heard on the wireless since Poker Face.

I bet it sounded fantastic in that room.

They should cook that up in the studio, would love to hear that.

Bruno Mars live> studio by a long shot.

Guest Len B'stard

When i was listening to it I thought it was sloppy. In a good way. I was surprised it was a single. Young Girls seems like the single.

Certain songs are so powerful they don't really need embellishment? Axl could learn a lot from that, that Lennon idea of get it out while it's fresh, one way of looking at it would be that Axl has respect for the power of a song and doesn't wanna sell it short but another could be Axl has a lack of confidence in his own work in that he finds himself always thinking that there's something missing. Like Satisfaction by The Stones, that was put out incomplete in that Keith wasn't done with it but the song was such that, i think, it would've suffered rather than benefitted from further polish. I guess part of being a songwriter is knowing when it's done.

Thats what i was saying really, Axl could do one of these piano led songs. I doubt hell ever do anything as laidback as Unorthodox Jukebox. An album that at first seems throw away then creeps up on you.