Sorry vs What do you wanna be

izzydoezit

funny how axl chose to write a blues-y song about slash. sorry is as generic as any slash song, the only difference is buckethead. the ending of sorry is the biggest mess in the whole record.

I agree, the drums are just a massive clusterfuck in the background of no melody.

I believe Sorry is about Slash.

I know Axl said multiple times that it isn't, but of course he would say.

It's pretty obvious that Axl has at least one song about his feeling towards Slash, and it's also pretty obvious that he wouldn't say publicly which one it is.

The lyrics to Sorry suit the case perfectly.

funny how axl chose to write a blues-y song about slash. sorry is as generic as any slash song, the only difference is buckethead. the ending of sorry is the biggest mess in the whole record.

I agree, the drums are just a massive clusterfuck in the background of no melody.

You guys are crazy. The ending of Sorry is immense, I fucking love it!

edit:

Also, Sorry is one of the most atmospheric songs in the GN'R catalogue. Kicks the shit out of 'What Do You Wanna Be'.

Edited by RickRoses

There are only a few vague lines that could pertain to Axl in that song. 'Following the trends that never end' could be a reference to Axl wanting to do a NIN album. 'can't stand your friends' could be about Tobias. 'Shell' could be about Axl's reclusivness. The rest is all a bit vague and could apply to some woman - was Axl attending parties in 1995? Also, Dover had a hand in the lyrics.

I think Sorry is about Slash and I do not care what Axl says.

Crucify the Dead is about Axl. You should have used that song instead of the Snakepit one. Quoting from memory, 'new soldiers at your command', ''your ego''.

I think the lyrics to CtD were written by Ozzy and not Slash.

Guest NGOG

Sorry is criminally underrated and one of my favourite songs. I remember when I had my first surface listen to Chinese Democracy and thinking damn, this is really powerful. Bucket's guitars are great.

Edited by NGOG

Axl has said repeatedly the Sorry (as a whole) isn't about Slash.

"You know where to put your "Just shut up and sing"?".

What part of "as a whole" did you not get? Not sure if you are dumb misinterpreting or just trolling.
Calm down big boy and stop insulting me behind your screen. This line in the song is the most obvious. I don't care what Axl pretends, Sorry is about Slash. Not ONLY about him maybe, but use the mental capacities I hope you have, and try to understand the words. Condescending prick.

Axl has said repeatedly the Sorry (as a whole) isn't about Slash.

"You know where to put your "Just shut up and sing"?".

What part of "as a whole" did you not get? Not sure if you are dumb misinterpreting or just trolling.
Calm down big boy and stop insulting me behind your screen. This line in the song is the most obvious. I don't care what Axl pretends, Sorry is about Slash. Not ONLY about him maybe, but use the mental capacities I hope you have, and try to understand the words. Condescending prick.
Didn't mean to insult you. That is why I edited my post shortly after I wrote it. You should have taken the high road and not called me a prick. All good though.

Sorry is so much better.

Slowly but surely delivering its message, paced with great drums a such a bluesy solo from Buckethead.

Once Sorry is done, there's nut much left to say. Message was delivered.

Yes because both of these songs are like Street Fighter II matches. "Sorry wins!"