Why doesn't Axl hold a grudge against Duff?

TombRaider

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Duff quit the band as well? So... we have Slash quitting the band and Duff quitting the band. Yet, Axl holds no grudges against Duff... and he does hold a huge one against Slash. Any reason? If he feels Slash betrayed him, well, how come he doesn't feel Duff betrayed him too?

Any thoughts on this?

jealousy

Again with this nonsense. According to Canter, Axl was willing to work with Slash again in 2001 if he apologized. This was when Slash wasn't really anymore popular than Axl. Axl said the exact same thing in his 2012 Rock Hall letter, even after Slash becoming a superstar and the image of GNR.

jealousy

Again with this nonsense. According to Canter, Axl was willing to work with Slash again in 2001 if he apologized. This was when Slash wasn't really anymore popular than Axl. Axl said the exact same thing in his 2012 Rock Hall letter, even after Slash becoming a superstar and the image of GNR.

Where exactly did he say that?

jealousy

Where exactly did he say that?

"The revision and fantasies" paragraph is clearly intended for Slash. Although he says that it might make him consider a conversation, not a reunion.

If we believe what is in Duff's book and I have no reason not to, he always had a better relationship with Axl from the outset. Whilst Slash and Axl had chemistry onstage I really don't think they ever really gelled from the outset. I believe at one stage they had a lot of professional respect for each other and it was this respect that was eroded over time rather than a close friendship.

I expect though there is stuff that has never been made public.

I'd love to know what kind of notes Axl made in Slash's book. That book would be worth a LOT of money if he auctioned it.

I think Duff and Slash had their say about Axl in the book and it's pretty much something they don't want to discuss anymore. Izzy is still going to get asked about it, but I think he put a lot of his resentment in the past.

Do I think there's still lingering resentment with all of them, regardless of how they're getting along? Absolutely. No doubt about it.

jealousy

He would have let him play on a song or two. :rolleyes:

jealousy

Yeah, well axl may have been willing but at least slash stuck to his guns n refused to apologize, since he has nothing to apologize foir, but I doubt he wanted anything to do with that train wreck of an album or band that its become

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Duff quit the band as well? So... we have Slash quitting the band and Duff quitting the band. Yet, Axl holds no grudges against Duff... and he does hold a huge one against Slash. Any reason? If he feels Slash betrayed him, well, how come he doesn't feel Duff betrayed him too?

Any thoughts on this?

Maybe Axl and Duff solved their former problems or they weren't as big as the ones he had/has with Slash? If I remember Duffs Biography correctly, he didn't sound as if they parted in bad blood, just that their lives went into two different directions and so it was inevitable for him to leave the band.

• 3 weeks later...

Duff did sue Axl about 10 years ago didn't he? It might have been a joint sue with Slash. Can't remember the details. Anyway, I doubt Axl has any love for Duff, maybe he just hates Slash more.