A realization that bothers me

bacardimayne

I saw Estranged live for the first time in 2012. It nearly ruined the song for me. So I know what you're saying.

He is sounding a little better, though. Still, I'm terrified he's going to mail it in at the bowling alley and Mickey Mouse the shit out of the place. God, I hope not.

And he does the best voice when he calls for an interpret, as if he's talking to a bunch of idiots.

:lol:

Ive always wondered if he meant to sound patronising.

He sounds like he's talking to a three-year old. I'm sure it's on purpose.

Awesome in any case :awesomeface:

And he does the best voice when he calls for an interpret, as if he's talking to a bunch of idiots.

Which video is that?

How much energy does he have in the Peru show!? He's everywhere at once.

Which video is that?

He does it in the Peru one slightly. During the older concerts (early 90's) it's pretty bad...

Edited by mina1788

When it's at a festival or arena gig, 75 percent of the audience has no idea what he's saying.

This is the video Bacardi is talkin' about if anyone wants to watch it. Amazing performance. He sounds like he wants to destroy the microphone with his voice. :lol:

This is the entire Lima, Peru concert:

Listen Mr. Brownstone or Sorry for example. His voice is STRONG.

Thanks so much for this, he had so much energy at this show. Just when I think I've exhausted the videos you come up with this gem. Much appreciated.

So I'm watching this video of If the World live in 2010 that pi2loc posted and I was thinking, "damn, I sure wish they'd bring that song back". But then I realized, I don't. Because it'd be awful. I don't even want them to bring back/debut any of the songs I love because I know he'd do such a shit job singing them. As a "fan" of Guns N' Roses, this bothers me because it shows just how far they've fallen in just a few years. Two years ago I'd have been salivating at the idea of them bringing back Locomotive, but if the prospect of them playing it today was brought up, I'd shudder to think of how bad it'd be.

tl;dr I don't even want them to bring back cool songs anymore because Axl would do a shit job on them.

Completely agree. The Estranged comeback in 2011 was a disaster.
We had a 18-year-non-performed song, which made it so special. And then all was gone in 9 minutes in a awful performance. I'd rather it had remained in our memories and old DVDs.
Isn't Axl who said that a reunion always seems to have something that is missing. The same goes here.

what sucked about peru is that the mic was too low (in volume)

Not entirely true. I was front row and could hear everything perfectly fine. I know some people from other sections (little far away from stage) complained about the sound mixing, though.