Pitman to play a DJ set at the Brooklyn aftershow?

highvoltage

So... kind of weird, but I read that Pitman is going to be DJing at the aftershow party.

Any guesses on what style of music he might play? I'm legitimately curious to know if anyone's ever heard of him doing this before and what sort of stuff he plays. His side projects have been pretty cool, interested as to whether what he spins is in the same vein.

Didn't he do something similar in Brazil a few months ago.

I don't know, I must have missed it. Might go digging and see if I can answer my own question.

I thought I saw a picture of him and his wife from a few months back where he did a show in brazil and he was a dj but I am not sure about the dj part

Brazil was Pitman, Ferrer, and Thal, but if they're doing this after a concert, doubt they're going to feel like jamming with Chris into the morning. If they're doing an afterparty, I would stick around and see if Axl takes over the bar.

I'm mostly interested to know if he'll do some kind of show with him playing synths and producing music or whether he's just DJing... and if he is, what kind of set to even expect? Like is it going to be some boring collection of rock hits, does the dude get down on dance music, or is it something completely different?

Guest NGOG

HV,

Chris played as part of Blowout with Ron and Frank a few months at Posh nightclub in Brazil. It was essentially a house set ranging from GNR to Jay - 99 Problems to Beastie Boys - Fight for your Right with Pitman mixing it up/synthesizing and Bumblefoot trying to lay guitars over it with Frank on digital drums.

Here's the close to full show albeit with a poorly audio: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DJfbyuke4mXk&sa=U&ei=AFSvUePQI8eO0AXQ-IC4Cg&ved=0CA0QtwIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNG5zTFnZtY18govtZGkihtX3Wq3cA

and if he is, what kind of set to even expect? Like is it going to be some boring collection of rock hits, does the dude get down on dance music, or is it something completely different?

You can bet that he'll be playing AC/DC, Appetite for Destruction, Rolling Stones, and even some Led Zeppelin.

HV,

Chris played as part of Blowout with Ron and Frank a few months at Posh nightclub in Brazil. It was essentially a house set ranging from GNR to Jay - 99 Problems to Beastie Boys - Fight for your Right with Pitman mixing it up/synthesizing and Bumblefoot trying to lay guitars over it with Frank on digital drums.

Here's the close to full show albeit with a poorly audio: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DJfbyuke4mXk&sa=U&ei=AFSvUePQI8eO0AXQ-IC4Cg&ved=0CA0QtwIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNG5zTFnZtY18govtZGkihtX3Wq3cA

Haha OK, that's kind of half what I was expecting and also not what I was expecting at all. Some kind of half-cool stuff, but not really my style of electronic music. Not the worst as far as cheesy club sets go though I guess. Would have been cooler if you could hear Ron!

Also... definitely a USB DJ. :lol:

Guest NGOG

HV,

Haha OK, that's kind of half what I was expecting and also not what I was expecting at all. Some kind of half-cool stuff, but not really my style of electronic music. Not the worst as far as cheesy club sets go though I guess. Would have been cooler if you could hear Ron!

Also.... definitely a USB DJ. :lol:

One thing you can expect, and that is Pitman to be smashed on triple vodkas!

He masks his pre-prepared mixes with some quality vocal action! Haha

Woooohooooooooo! Pitman as a DJ, I really want to be there!

:sleeper:

Can't wait for the reunited BLOWOUT to play a killer set after the GNR cover band finishes, bumblebee guitar included! Fuck the ex-cupcakes and the fans haters!!!! Axl is on fire in 2013 and the complete DISH-TRUCTION is just starting!

Can't wait for the reunited BLOWOUT to play a killer set after the GNR cover band finishes, bumblebee guitar included! Fuck the ex-cupcakes and the fans haters!!!! Axl is on fire in 2013 and the complete DISH-TRUCTION is just starting!

#conquertheworld

#conquertheworld

lol "ex-cupcakes" :lol:

#badass

I wonder if this is how this show came to be. Maybe Chris and the guys booked something first then Axl decided to join in because the original band playing that night was moved to accommodate GnR weren't they?

Prob. no different than how they booked the House of Blues show in Houston, except this was more spontaneous and Axl had Beta call a few clubs. Brooklyn Bowl made sense, they prob. could've done a Ritz show or some place out on Long Island to play, too.