Fox 5 News New York Tonight!!

Tyler Drama

Guest NGOG

I haven't seen the video but from reading the article there were some very questionable things said. For a start, I think you didn't articulate yourself right when saying you love the band but you also hate them. That isn't true. For me it's more I hate that I love the band or it isn't necessarily as rewarding at times as you might hope. I think it would have been better if you approached it with better regard for MyGNR and bettering its relationship with GNR rather than getting a few giggles with cheapy quips. That's just me being brutally honest (and maybe overly serious) by the way.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the video but from reading the article there were some very questionable things said. For a start, I think you didn't articulate yourself right when saying you love the band but you also hate them. That isn't true. For me it's more I hate that I love the band or it isn't necessarily as rewarding at times as you might hope. I think it would have been better if you approached it with better regard for MyGNR and bettering its relationship with GNR rather than getting a few giggles with cheapy quips. That's just me being brutally honest (and maybe overly serious) by the way.

I think the ex girlfriends maid bit was unnecessary but the love/hate thing was just honest. It's how the majority of fans feel to some extent.

Guest NGOG

I think the ex girlfriends maid bit was unnecessary but the love/hate thing was just honest. It's how the majority of fans feel to some extent.

It definitely certified the blacklist status of MyGNR. If you want anything from GNR the unfortunate reality is they are the people to make it happen so if you slander them in such a public way, they aren't going to be willing to help you in future. I don't think I necessarily love and hate GNR. I love GNR, and maybe I hate the fact I love GNR or hate that sometimes GNR doesn't necessarily deliver on my hopes, but I don't hate GNR. However in fairness to the two Tylers the FOX report comes off a lot better and will be seen by more. Furthermore, the article version was poorly put together without attributing the comments to the person who made them and seemed adamant on getting another sensationalized GNR story.

Guest NGOG

Everybody came across as having lots of personality and kudos for that; but maybe they could have been smarter with regards their portrayal of MyGNR and attitudes toward the current management.

Everybody came across as having lots of personality and kudos for that; but maybe they could have been smarter with regards their portrayal of MyGNR and attitudes toward the current management.

Sorry guys, but I have to say that I agree.

Most of it was cool, but I think a few of the comments were unnecessary given that you mentioned you were from the forum; that's essentially suggesting you represent the views of management and staff.

I'm making this comment publically because I feel the need to distance ourselves from some of that. The promo was awesome, and I'm really proud you guys repped the forum... but could have really done without a few of the comments about management. We want those guys to help us out and communicate with us, right?

Sorry guys, but I have to say that I agree.

Most of it was cool, but I think a few of the comments were unnecessary given that you mentioned you were from the forum; that's essentially suggesting you represent the views of management and staff.

I'm making this comment publically because I feel the need to distance ourselves from some of that. The promo was awesome, and I'm really proud you guys repped the forum... but could have really done without a few of the comments about management. We want those guys to help us out and communicate with us, right?

I don't see the point of saying this other than making those two guys feel bad for what they said.

Yep. We all work hard on this place mate.

The views of one member of staff don't represent the views of all the staff, and it's important that the other guys don't get lumped in with this, because they didn't necessarily ask for that.

Like I said, the support and publicity is awesome, but the stuff about Team Brazil was not necessary in any way. We've been trying to build some kind of relationship with the band - not one where we compromise control of the forum, but one where we have a voice and can act as a mouthpiece for the fans. People have suggested a few cool ideas the past couple of days... wouldn't it be nice if we had someone we could email or contact with those kind of ideas? Or someone that bothered to ask us what the fans want every once in a while?

This sort of thing will never happen if this is how we represent the forum in public. :shrugs:

What’s the set going to be?

“Chinese Democracy,” “Welcome to the Jungle,” “It’s So Easy,” “Mr. Brownstone,” It’s Strange,” “Better,” “Rocket Queen,” and then I guess “Live and Let Die,” Richard Forest Solo, “Blacklight Jesus of Transylvania,” “This I Love,” and then “Motivation.” Then they start going into “November Rain” stuff. “You Can Be Mine” is after “November Rain.” So it would be like “Another Brick in the Wall (Jam),” “November Rain.”

Or is “You Can Be Mine” after that? It does get a little confusing around this part. It doesn’t change but…

Oh no what happened to “Catcher in the Rye?” I skipped that. I don’t know, who cares.

The first seven songs that we got are right.

That’s embarrassing because I always say that I know the entire set list in my head. Oh and then they end with Paradise City. Patience Paradise City. Night Train is before that. Patience, Night Train. We are going backwards now.

Oh, my all-time favourite GN'R song! It's just awesome. Gives me the shivers each time I hear it! :headbang:

lol@underage kids

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Guest NGOG

I don't see the point of saying this other than making those two guys feel bad for what they said.

No offence, but of course people like you are going to revel in MyGNR being publicly associated with anti-Team Brazil/disillusioned by the lack of new music positions. There are others however, who would rather see some conciliatory measures taken between MyGNR and GNR. Not because we would like GNR to run this place, but because it would be nice to have GNR pop in every once in a while be it to help with the development and running of the forum through figures like Nik Souris, or to initiate band-community communications which now seem so long ago. Had they expressed their sentiments devoid of the association with MyGNR, fine. But it's definitely thrown a real spanner in the works in terms of getting us off the blacklist because those comments were made in the context of their positions here.

To be honest I think it's a bit moot at this point. I might be wrong but I don't think GnR are interested in engaging with any unofficial forum, they don't really bother with Htgth other than allowing Jarmo access to the band which gives him some sort of official status. They have circumvented the issue by setting up paradisecity to act as the band mouthpiece and to interact with fans.

No offence, but of course people like you are going to revel in MyGNR being publicly associated with anti-Team Brazil/disillusioned by the lack of new music positions. There are others however, who would rather see some conciliatory measures taken between MyGNR and GNR. Not because we would like GNR to run this place, but because it would be nice to have GNR pop in every once in a while be it to help with the development and running of the forum through figures like Nik Souris, or to initiate band-community communications which now seem so long ago. Had they expressed their sentiments devoid of the association with MyGNR, fine. But it's definitely thrown a real spanner in the works in terms of getting us off the blacklist because those comments were made in the context of their positions here.

The problem with that is, whenever someone "big" representing the current band pops in to talk, the usual suspects are going to be on an all-out attack, spitting venom at the person and assuring they never come back. Bumblefoot being the most recent example. On a forum for any other band, the solution to this is simple: ban the people on the basis for simply being cupcakes who aren't fans of the band. Unfortunately it's not that simple here, as GNR effectively has two online fanbases. If you ban the people who are attacking DJ when he posts here, you're "ostracizing the real fans". And the same is true for the opposite end of the spectrum. Can you imagine if Slash came and posted here? How vocal the minority of cupcakes would be in relentlessly attacking him? For that reason I don't think we'll ever reach the point where we get regular visits from important people in the GNR world, as there will always be people to assure that we can't have nice things.

Off-topic rant over.

Guest NGOG

To be honest I think it's a bit moot at this point. I might be wrong but I don't think GnR are interested in engaging with any unofficial forum

The power of MyGNR is undeniable and the GNR camp can't afford to completely ignore its existence. This place over the years has been a repeated source of legitimate news if you consider Madison/Canadian shirt policy and MSL's numerous schemes including the enemy list. This directly affected GNR in a very undeniable way. On most articles related to GNR you can bet that an opinion here helped to shape the nature of what has been written. It is for these reasons that Team Brazil use to regularly come here in the past to clarify/deny certain things and even get Axl to talk to us. They simply cannot deny the power of the majority and that is what MyGNR is. Right now they tend to ignore us in terms of publicly being seen to engage with MyGNR but you can bet your bottom dollar that management continue to monitor the attitudes of this place. It is better that this relationship, even if it is to remain on the back burner for now, contains as little friction as possible. That is certainly not helped by members of staff expressing snide remarks about the current management who influence Axl in such an implicit way.

I don't think either of the Tylers intended to burn Team Brazil in that way it seems it was just a naïve way of making the interview memorable by being funny.

Guest NGOG

The problem with that is, whenever someone "big" representing the current band pops in to talk, the usual suspects are going to be on an all-out attack, spitting venom at the person and assuring they never come back. Bumblefoot being the most recent example. On a forum for any other band, the solution to this is simple: ban the people on the basis for simply being cupcakes who aren't fans of the band. Unfortunately it's not that simple here, as GNR effectively has two online fanbases. If you ban the people who are attacking DJ when he posts here, you're "ostracizing the real fans". And the same is true for the opposite end of the spectrum. Can you imagine if Slash came and posted here? How vocal the minority of cupcakes would be in relentlessly attacking him? For that reason I don't think we'll ever reach the point where we get regular visits from important people in the GNR world, as there will always be people to assure that we can't have nice things.

Off-topic rant over.

I definitely agree with what you are saying. There are two underlying problems which I think cause difficulty for both GNR and our personal identity. One is that while HV and Subsy want to achieve an impartiality whilst maintaining a respect and openness towards GNR, this is ultimately compromised by a community disproportionately favouring the cupcakes. They post more persistently, and have a lot more to say. As a community therefore we are seen, because of the persisent actions of a minority, to be hostile. Secondly, this is not helped by actual staff members going out and expressing the consensus of the cupcakes regarding the current management in such a public way. When I read that particular remark it could have passed as a post here by anybody between Rusty and TDM. Edited by NGOG

To be honest I think it's a bit moot at this point. I might be wrong but I don't think GnR are interested in engaging with any unofficial forum

The power of MyGNR is undeniable and the GNR camp can't afford to completely ignore its existence. This place over the years has been a repeated source of legitimate news if you consider Madison/Canadian shirt policy and MSL's numerous schemes including the enemy list. This directly affected GNR in a very undeniable way. On most articles related to GNR you can bet that an opinion here helped to shape the nature of what has been written. It is for these reasons that Team Brazil use to regularly come here in the past to clarify/deny certain things and even get Axl to talk to us. They simply cannot deny the power of the majority and that is what MyGNR is. Right now they tend to ignore us in terms of publicly being seen to engage with MyGNR but you can bet your bottom dollar that management continue to monitor the attitudes of this place. It is better that this relationship, even if it is to remain on the back burner for now, contains as little friction as possible. That is certainly not helped by members of staff expressing snide remarks about the current management who influence Axl in such an implicit way.

I don't think either of the Tylers intended to burn Team Brazil in that way it seems it was just a naïve way of making the interview memorable by being funny.

Oh, I think you are far exaggerating the importance of mygnr or any other GN'R fan forum. We are pretty irrelevant to GN'R. They don't need to placate a few hundreds of weird fans on some forums. They will still sell thousands of tickets and millions of records regardless of what takes place here. GN'R can afford to completely forget us without that having any impact on the business of GN'R. It is sad for us, not them.

Off-topic rant over.

I definitely agree with what you are saying. There are two underlying problems which I think cause difficulty for both GNR and our personal identity. One is that while HV and Subsy want to achieve an impartiality whilst maintaining a respect and openness towards GNR, this is ultimately compromised by a community disproportionately favouring the cupcakes. They post more persistently, and have a lot more to say. As a community therefore we are seen, because of the persisent actions of a minority, to be hostile. Secondly, this is not helped by actual staff members going out and expressing the consensus of the cupcakes regarding the current management in such a public way. When I read that particular remark it could have passed as a post here by anybody between Rusty and TDM.

Don't forget creating Attitude, a section that, regardless of intentions, only serve to accommodate the cupcakes by giving them a haven where they are encouraged to attack the band.

With the GunsNRoses.com forum, Paradise City, and HTGTH, I don't think GNR really wants to bother with any unofficial forums. Cool to see Paradise City take off, but I get the impression that the official GunsNRoses.com forum is full of tumbleweed.

Guest NGOG

Oh, I think you are far exaggerating the importance of mygnr.

Do you? Even after reading your ever logical post, I'm not persuaded to your opinion.

MyGNR is the biggest online GNR community and boasts quite a few of the population that still give a thought to GNR every day. MyGNR has literally shaped the way in which reporters articulate their articles over the years and has even produced its own newsworthy allegations. Axl himself said that it was compulsory he kept a control on the online activity even if he no longer contributed personally. It is a reality that in order to produce anything in any way half-decent about GNR as a journalist, go to the archives of MyGNR.