New pic: Axl + Steven Tyler

Pingouino

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I'm just stating the obvious really - he'd look awesome if he lost weight. His face is looking good.

The thing is that he's gotta be doing exercise in order to pull of a three hour tour. I mean, he's moving around A LOT and he's singing in a way that require good lungs. I'm thinking he must be on a pretty bad diet.

He's not moving THAT much in these last shows. Have you noticed? Not that I care though, as long as he sounds great, he can pull a Dublin any day. :lol:

Dublin was one of his best vocal performances. So was Download Fest when he stopped moving around. He almost might do better just to remain less active on stage.

I know but he sounds awful nowadays plus he started using the cane, what? This year...? I don't remember.

I feel like the cane is an image thing, for him. I get the feeling he just likes it, kinda like the hats and t-shirts and jewelry. It's part of his old rock god look he's got going on. It's just sort of jarring because I feel he's not old enough yet to be letting himself slip into that stage. It reminds me of Brando kind of not giving a fuck the last twenty years of his life.

what i think it's funny is people criticizing jon bon jovi for taking care of his looks, accusing him of using his looks to overshadow his music. well, i think it's the complete opposite. he's a dick (just like axl) but you can't help but admire guys like him or springsteen or dickinson. they take very good care of themselves so they can give it all to their fans. i don't know how can any sane person think that's a bad thing, honestly. these guys will never disguise themselves like axl or use a cane when they can still walk. same with tyler, but tyler has always been an ugly mofo so he just can't look good, but he looks in good shape. axl is fat and bloated.

Very cool picture. I don't think Axl looks anywhere near as old as Steven Tyler does in this picture (or any other for that matter). I really don't know what Axl's sudden obsession is with all these naked chick t-shirts, though.

Yes, he's moving around much less nowadays, but still...3 hours of dancing and SOME running sure should burn a lot of calories though. It's like a 3 hour power walk!

His biggest problem is he doesn't seem to have any sort of exercise regimen. Theoretically, all his movement onstage SHOULD burn some calories, but considering he goes out boozing after literally every show it really doesn't matter.

Yes, he's moving around much less nowadays, but still...3 hours of dancing and SOME running sure should burn a lot of calories though. It's like a 3 hour power walk!

It's a 3-hour show, not 3 hours of Axl performing. You have a point though.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

The only criticism you can really level at Axl here is that he is obese. Morbidly? Definitely not. It's a gut brought on by a partiality for good food and beers. Would I as a fan wish to deny Axl that in the twilight of his career? He's no longer bidding for the front cover of Rolling Stone or gripping the imagination of naïve teenage girls. He's having fun and putting on a good tour. Ease up.

No his hair sucks too. Wtf is that curl that always hangs down in his face. It looks like he rolls his hair for Christ's sake. I say bring back the braids.

The only criticism you can really level at Axl here is that he is obese. Morbidly? Definitely not. It's a gut brought on by a partiality for good food and beers. Would I as a fan wish to deny Axl that in the twilight of his career? He's no longer bidding for the front cover of Rolling Stone or gripping the imagination of naïve teenage girls. He's having fun and putting on a good tour. Ease up.

No his hair sucks too. Wtf is that curl that always hangs down in his face. It looks like he rolls his hair for Christ's sake. I say bring back the braids.

There is a recentish pic (useyorappetite's profile pic) where it looks like it's been straightened. It does look a lot better but straightening your hair is quite damaging and I would imagine if his hair is thinning these days or he has had a transplant he has probably been advised not to do it much or at all.

So maybe it's curls or bald. Take your pick lol!

There is a recentish pic (useyorappetite's profile pic) where it looks like it's been straightened. It does look a lot better but straightening your hair is quite damaging and I would imagine if his hair is thinning these days or he has had a transplant he has probably been advised not to do it much or at all.

So maybe it's curls or bald. Take your pick lol!

I think it just got curly as he got older and he stopped straightening it. I don't think he's putting curlers in his hair or shit.