Was CD the best of the nu era?

izzydoezit

Did Axl choose the best songs on this album?

I wouldn't believe that he wouldn't choose to include all the best songs on his comeback album.

I somehow think that everything Axl wanted to release was included in CD, but I can't be sure.

How would we know that?

We've only heard a small piece of Checkmate and a bit of the instrumental from General.

Like somebody said, hopefully Scraped isn't "better" than what we have left over.

Perhaps that was the closest to a rock filler they had. Maybe Axl has these amazing hip hop beat ballads in store that the world isn't ready for. Prostitute has potential methinks. I liked it better when Axl did it as a piano warm up.

How would we know that?

We've only heard a small piece of Checkmate and a bit of the instrumental from General.

Like somebody said, hopefully Scraped isn't "better" than what we have left over.

Perhaps that was the closest to a rock filler they had. Maybe Axl has these amazing hip hop beat ballads in store that the world isn't ready for. Prostitute has potential methinks. I liked it better when Axl did it as a piano warm up.

"That the world isn't ready for"...............I'm willing to be that Axl's millions of fans would love to be the judge of that!!!!

Instead of hoarding his material, wouldn't it be awesome if Axl went the opposite route and started releasing new music every couple years. Even if that meant a rock album, then an industrial type album, then a pop album, an expermental album, etc, etc. etc.

I'd rather have a wide variety of different types of music from Axl.............as compared to one album every 25 years.

I wouldn't believe that he wouldn't choose to include all the best songs on his comeback album.

I somehow think that everything Axl wanted to release was included in CD, but I can't be sure.

I think the ones that were chosen is because they leaked (although some by the band).

I refuse to believe that Scraped is better than every song in the vault.

When I found out that demo was "Prostitute" and we had been led to believe that was a "big gun", I knew we were in trouble.

I'm curious to see how bad the outtakes are.

Yes, there are songs in the vault. This is a list of songs not released from the CD era:

Today, Tomorrow, Forever

Hearts Always Get Killed

Cock-a-Roach Soup

This Life

Closing In On You

Something Always

No Love Remains

Strange Disease

Suckerpunched

Oklahoma

Friend Or Foe

Never Had It

Silk Worms

Thyme

Seven

The General

Checkmate

Leave Me Alone

Zip it

But I honestly think Axl has already picked out the best stuff.

The idea was, apparently, to release at least two records and spread the songs out. We know many other songs exists, including Atlas Shrugged which was finished when CD was released but wouldn't fit, and not only from band members but also from journalists and musicians who have heard them.

Yes, there are songs in the vault. This is a list of songs not released from the CD era:

Today, Tomorrow, Forever

Hearts Always Get Killed

Cock-a-Roach Soup

This Life

Closing In On You

Something Always

No Love Remains

Strange Disease

Suckerpunched

Oklahoma

Friend Or Foe

Never Had It

Silk Worms

Thyme

Seven

The General

Checkmate

Leave Me Alone

Zip it

bitch please, google Axl's answer.

Today, Tomorrow, Forever

Hearts Always Get Killed

Cock-a-Roach Soup

This Life

Closing In On You

Something Always

No Love Remains

Strange Disease

Suckerpunched

Oklahoma

Friend Or Foe

Never Had It

Silk Worms

Thyme

Seven

The General

Checkmate

Leave Me Alone

Zip it

What the fuck are you talkin' about? :lol:

could you please show me where Axl clearly said that this was the idea?

It's a myriad of quotes from Axl that combined with quotes from others explicitly says that more records were intended and that some strong songs would come on later releases. I can't really spend the time to collect all these quotes, so here are just a few of them:

ThinkAboutYou: Axl do you really have 2 or 3 other albums of material?

Dexter: For now we'll concentrate and keep our focus on this album but I will say I've always thought of it as a double.

Axl talking about 'The General': Well, this comes out on the third record. It relates to [Estranged], it's a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically [Metal Edge, June 2007].

"Leave Me Alone," "Seven," and "The General" could also feature on the new album. These three A-listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at website, June 2005).

Edited by SoulMonster

Yes, there is tons of quotes that conmfirm that, not only did Axl envision a 2-3 album release but also, that there are about twenty-thirty songs in the can. This one, from the Docklands Arena 2002, is probably the best:

''So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks. And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again. By that time, I should be done with the third album. So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls.''

Today, Tomorrow, Forever

Hearts Always Get Killed

Cock-a-Roach Soup

This Life

Closing In On You

Something Always

No Love Remains

Strange Disease

Suckerpunched

Oklahoma

Friend Or Foe

Never Had It

Silk Worms

Thyme

Seven

The General

Checkmate

Leave Me Alone

Zip it

What the fuck are you talkin' about? :lol:

These song titles were documented at the time and are even suggested by GNR biographer Paul Stenning. If you know different then please enlighten us, instead of leaving infantile comments.

These song titles were documented at the time and are even suggested by GNR biographer Paul Stenning. If you know different then please enlighten us, instead of leaving infantile comments.

Axl was asked about rumoured song titles in 2008:

BringBackBrain: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles. Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?

Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)

Axl: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles.