"Found footage" video's on Netflix? Suggestions?

I am trying to make sure I have seen all of the "found footage" videos on Netflix. It's not a thread to bash or praise found footage films, I'm just looking for them, I know a lot of people feel strongly that they are utter shite, and I respect that, but I love the fucking things. Can't explain it, to be honest.

Any suggestions? Specifically on ones that might not appear to be found footage? Even Just a list of your favorites. I thought I'd seen them all and then I found one by chance the other day where there is a plane crash and something is stalking them. (Area 407 or something)

V/H/S is probably my favorite. Monster was probably the worst one I have ever seen. Can't wait to see the sequel to V/H/S.

I wish Netflix had a found footage category, I honestly had no idea how freaking many there are until like last year or so.

What is found footage exactly?

Movies that are supposed to be "Found footage" Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity are 2 of the most famous examples.

Snow On The Bluff.

Best movie I've seen in years. For real.

I'll have to look it up, is it on Netflix?

I was pleasantly surprised by V/H/S...was expecting something pretty meh but it was actually kinda creepy. The last segment with the house was my favorite.

Not sure if they're streaming the Netflix, but the [REC] films are top notch. Heard of Quarantine? [REC] is the original Spanish version and superior in every possible way. And the second film is my favorite horror film of all time probably.

What is found footage exactly?

Movies that are supposed to be "Found footage" Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity are 2 of the most famous examples.

Snow On The Bluff.

Best movie I've seen in years. For real.

I'll have to look it up, is it on Netflix?

Yes.

I thought some of them were truely scary at first. Both blair witch and paranormal activity freaked me the fuck out upon first viewing. But the genre has become cliche imo. I liked PA2 (that was the sister house right?) I'm having trouble keeping them all straight. I know the one with the main girls as kids and ends with the witch cult is where I lost interest. I don't know if that was 3 or 4? But I know they are even making a 5.

But those films killed the genre for me, and the ones like the last exorcism is even worse. And that one got a sequal also. But yes I am over the whole "lost footage" thing.

Crownest was good, cupcake hunter was entertaining, but too close to silly for me to really get into it. I'm pretty sure there is or they are going to make a sequel.

Apartment 143 was good. Zombie Diaries 1 is supposed to be good, but I've only seen 2, and I was not impressed. That was disappointing because it's my 2 favorite kinds of movies spliced together and it wasn't a homerun.

Paranormal Witness Season 1 (And ONLY season 1) is good. It is a documentary show with real footage mixed in. (It's not a mocumentary, the people telling the stories submit the footage as real) Starting in season 2, they took that out of the show and it's not as entertaining.

For some reason I HATE the show "Lost tapes" you would think I would like it.

Paranormal Entity is a blatant rip off of Paranormal activity, but it's better than PA 2-3-4.

The slenderman stuff is pretty good. Been surfing it most of the day.

Edited by DeadSlash

Are there found footage movies that don't feature the idiotic shaky-camera thing?

Most of them don't really have that, not any decent ones. Cloverfield fd the whole "found Footage" genre by giving it that rep. Some do, definitely, but not all.

You should check out Grave Encounters if you haven't already. That's a great one. Sequel was sh*t tho.

PS: Black Sabbath deleted my post because the ghosts offered him free spooky passes. :max:

Agree on both points, 1 was really good the second one, had nothing more than an interesting premise.

I recommed you watch Trolljegeren :shrugs: I watched it on Netflix a couple of years ago. Don't know if it's still there. It's pretty good... I mean, I like it. But you gotta suspend disbelief to enjoy it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740707/ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/trollhunter/

Yeah, trollhunter was a bit much for me.

Street Thief is also pretty good.

Added to my instant queue. It really annoys me that Netflix does not register "found footage" as a part of a movie. If I 5 start a found footage movie with gangsters, it gives me gangster movie suggestions, not found footage suggestions.