Bumblefoot asked about new album in Dubai interview

Flayer

These are the exact sort of comments that lead me to believe, if new music isn't written by the end of the year, Bumblefoot probably won't hang around too much longer. I just get the vibe that he's antsy to give the fans what they want and put out new music, and is getting as tired as some fans are of the endless touring. He's just being realistic. New music is all anyone wants to hear at this point, hence the constant negativity and arguments here in recent times.

I'm hoping he won't. As far as a guitarist goes, he's amazing on the CD stuff but I actually don't like his sound on AFD & UYI material (Estranged being the exception. I personally hope Finck Comes back. If Finck returns I guarantee new some sort of new material gets played or created.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, the 'llll' user is full of shit. If you see the account posting, please ignore it and report it.

Why censor me if I am so full of shit, while a lot of shit is being written here every day and you allow them? Banning my IP, accounts. Someone's getting very nervous, eh?
The people telling you to censor me know it's the truth. The fact you delete my posts and ban my |IP for just posting like everyone else here, is proof there is truth in them.
By the way, how were all those shows you went to for free, paid by the GNR camp? People like you are very cheap to buy.

More like, the claims you've been making (ie: BBF is a wifebeating cokehead) are patently untrue, slanderous and expose us to legal action. Of course I'm going to delete them, ban your accounts and your IP address.

Free shows? Would you care to share which shows I got into "for free"? Because I've never, ever received a free ticket to a show, nor have I ever been given special treatment by management.

EDIT: Guys, GIF-only posts are OK, but not when there's 5 in a row.

And now you lie to these people too? You have gotten at least 2 passes so far, stop the BS.
Many people, not just on a shitty forum, but in the media have also claimed Axl was a prostitute in the 80s (because it is known in those circles), that Ashba used to to loverboy work in the 90s for industry people. It's not even big news ot something, many guys in the music biz did/do this.
Thal used (and still uses cocaine) and gets very aggressive in combination with his medication. And he pushed his wife to the floor at a show during one of his rage sessions. Where did I say wifebeater? See, now you 'slander', delete your post and ban your IP if you are so consistent.
Thal knows exactly who I am, he can sue me, instead of acting like a little bitch, begging an asskissing liar like yourself to censor and ban.
And the post in this thread you deleted had nothing to do with any of the above, it was about the status of the songs/songwriting. You still deleted it because you are bought and paid for, trying to be the next jarmo.

lll

whoooooo back the fuck up little man, HV has never been bought, I know this for a fact.

The guy is straight up for the users of this forum.

Has he been backstage? Perhaps, but he bought his fucking tickets straight up (many fans have been backstage, myself included).

The camp is NOT in contact with this forum in anyway shape or form, no matter what you are trying to spin. I know that for 100% fact.

The camp has not told this forum what to say or post or delete or ban, FACT. I am not the only one that can verify that.

Cut the shit, you are trying to cause trouble for the forum, it's users and the staff here. Go outside and take a walk or something.

People like you make the fans look bad online.

You may not like HV but the claims you make against him are 150% false, fuck I don't agree with everything he may do but he is a solid guy all around, I can;t sit back and let you spew bullshit about him or his motives.

As far as your stupid ignorant claims about the band members, well, I think the users here are a little smarter than to believe your shit.

Edited by gunsguy

oh man... what the hell happened to Guns n' Roses? :no:

Steven was fired, Izzy Quit, Slash Quit, and Duff Quit.

Also Matt was fired. Tommy was fired, rumoured to leave about 10 times, but still stayed - back in the replacements, ironic as he is a replacement in GnR, might leave who knows, but would most likely be re-hired. Gilby was fired, re-hired and fired. Izzy was re-called from the minors, but dropped out. Navarro was not interested. Moby was busy. Shaq rapped. May dropped in. Freese was fired'ish. Tobias was found in the basement, fired and left because the mega tour of three shows got to him. Finck was found in a bar with Robot-Sorum, but then kinda left own his own - was in the band for 10 years, co-wrote one song on CD. Bucket was in a coop, hired, hired, cancelled the 2001 european tour, hired, left, cancelled RIR4 show, came back via Bootsy Collins and officially left. Brain was found and hired, re-played all of Freeses parts to a note, but was fired for having a baby, still may be on the payroll but really he is fired. Frank was hired, put aside as daddy Brain came back for a bit, but as Brain innuendo'd on his way, Frank was back. Oh and Pitttmannn, he was hired for some reason. There was also Bumble, he was hired, was angry a couple of times and rumoured to be on the move, but stayed for the money. And talkin about money DJ Ca$$hba was hired, and oh boy he provides the nicest hat in GnR history and biggest poses we have ever seen, he also plays guitar and smokes alot - sadly, he is still on payroll. Then the management was hired, fired, changed, fired and hired. Beta was also hired, fired and re-hired. Dizzy was always there, bang on the buck. Axl bit the leg of an security guard in Sweden, the guard kept his job as did Axl.

Accusing anyone of doing something illegal should have "alleged" somewhere in the sentence, esp. if you weren't there.

Axl seems like he just enjoys life in the moment right now, and the plans for shows are made a few months ahead of time. I don't think going into the studio is a priority in his life right now, but it doesn't mean it won't be in a few months.

No new music could lead to lineup changes, but I feel like this lineup has fun what they're doing and get enough "down time" to work on their own things.

When they are working on new music, I think they're going to be more cautious about discussing when it'll come out. Also, any rumors about them going in the studio this year might be tied into "fixing" some things for the live DVD.

If Axl or DJ were engaging in prostitution or some cougar's boytoy, they would've been gym rats and Axl's teeth would have been fixed before he was famous.

They got the record contract on their own terms, even though they couldn't get the rights to their master tapes at the end of the contract, and had no choice when it came to the greatest hits. Does the RIAA bother sending Axl Platinum (and an eventual Diamond) for the greatest hits? I have a feeling that one wouldn't be going up on the walls in his home. When they make 10 million, it'll be interesting to ask Slash, Axl, or Duff what they plan on doing with it, because it's the one they took Universal to court over. I could see it being auctioned off.

These are the exact sort of comments that lead me to believe, if new music isn't written by the end of the year, Bumblefoot probably won't hang around too much longer. I just get the vibe that he's antsy to give the fans what they want and put out new music, and is getting as tired as some fans are of the endless touring. He's just being realistic. New music is all anyone wants to hear at this point, hence the constant negativity and arguments here in recent times.

If we're being totally honest, most don't even want new music. Most want a reunion of the classic lineup of GNR.

We need to seriously stop using the "news and discussion" section of this forum as a measuring tool of what most fans want. Most fans quit following this circus charade years ago when GNR actually broke up.

If we're being totally honest, most don't even want new music. Most want a reunion of the classic lineup of GNR.

We need to seriously stop using the "news and discussion" section of this forum as a measuring tool of what most fans want. Most fans quit following this circus charade years ago when GNR actually broke up.

That's true. Most people that care about GNR don't give a shit about a new album by those guys.

Fans don't want to hear about new shows, they want to hear new music.

that's not even true. there's a little bunch of insignificant nugnr fans who want new music (probably not more than 2000 people around the globe).

but the vast majority of guns n'roses fans only want one thing : REUNION !!!!

Stop jerking yourself off. Or at least stop doing it in public.

a nugnr album written by those guys would be doomed to failure. everybody knows that.

After CD no way Axl can put out a better album and better than mediocre sale figures... Truth is the truth hurts and Axl surely knows it by now.

Edited by trqster

oh man... what the hell happened to Guns n' Roses? :no:

Steven was fired, Izzy Quit, Slash Quit, and Duff Quit.

Also Matt was fired. Tommy was fired, rumoured to leave about 10 times, but still stayed - back in the replacements, ironic as he is a replacement in GnR, might leave who knows, but would most likely be re-hired. Gilby was fired, re-hired and fired. Izzy was re-called from the minors, but dropped out. Navarro was not interested. Moby was busy. Shaq rapped. May dropped in. Freese was fired'ish. Tobias was found in the basement, fired and left because the mega tour of three shows got to him. Finck was found in a bar with Robot-Sorum, but then kinda left own his own - was in the band for 10 years, co-wrote one song on CD. Bucket was in a coop, hired, hired, cancelled the 2001 european tour, hired, left, cancelled RIR4 show, came back via Bootsy Collins and officially left. Brain was found and hired, re-played all of Freeses parts to a note, but was fired for having a baby, still may be on the payroll but really he is fired. Frank was hired, put aside as daddy Brain came back for a bit, but as Brain innuendo'd on his way, Frank was back. Oh and Pitttmannn, he was hired for some reason. There was also Bumble, he was hired, was angry a couple of times and rumoured to be on the move, but stayed for the money. And talkin about money DJ Ca$$hba was hired, and oh boy he provides the nicest hat in GnR history and biggest poses we have ever seen, he also plays guitar and smokes alot - sadly, he is still on payroll. Then the management was hired, fired, changed, fired and hired. Beta was also hired, fired and re-hired. Dizzy was always there, bang on the buck. Axl bit the leg of an security guard in Sweden, the guard kept his job as did Axl.

Completely wrong. Tobias played 4 shows :tongue2:

I was specifically referring to the forum fans when I said what I said. But I think there's an over-emphasis on the public's hope for a reunion.

Would they have stronger ticket sales if they reunited? Hell yeah. Then again, it seems a lot of people don't even realize Slash ever left the band. Would a new reunion album sell? Probably not much more than Chinese Democracy, to be honest. Look at recent albums by reunion acts -- hell, just look at recent albums. Sales are down, down, down. The album is not what it once was. And I don't think GN'R reuniting will guarantee millions of sales domestically. That era is long-gone. Wale's new album just debuted at #1 on the charts and didn't even sell 200,000 copies. Black Sabbath's much-hyped, longer-in-the-making (anticipation-wise) reunion record only sold 155,000 units.

I'm not saying I don't want a reunion. But it seems like it's not on the table at this point for Axl, so, between more touring or a new album with these (talented) musicians, I'm in the camp of wanting a new album. I'd rather get something rather than nothing, and at this stage I don't think a reunion is going to happen. I think it might happen eventually, but it would still be a few years away. Slash is doing his thing (successfully), Axl is doing his thing (in his mind, successfully - he gets to call all the shots and is ostensibly still making a decent amount of revenue). There's no incentive for them right now to change that.

The reunion of Slash with Axl would be a thirty second thing, for some fringe of the rock n roll segment of popular culture, who knows the back story. Otherwise it's a non-event. Maybe ten(!) years ago it might have made some headlines in rock magazines, but that would have been just because there would have been a lot to talk about with chinese democracy still not being out, all the calamity with velvet revolver still on the scene, such tv-soap crap.

I believe it is delusional to think that somehow something magical would happen if you got those two on a stage together. It's just novelty value. After a month of people going "OOOooh they were on a stage together", then what?

The ONLY way Axl Rose could save face with real Gn'R fans & the press, was to release a new album through a new band project. Problem is that'll never happen for several reasons, so Axl is left heading his band of hacks and getting shit from the world for the rest of his days...

The reunion of Slash with Axl would be a thirty second thing, for some fringe of the rock n roll segment of popular culture, who knows the back story. Otherwise it's a non-event. Maybe ten(!) years ago it might have made some headlines in rock magazines, but that would have been just because there would have been a lot to talk about with chinese democracy still not being out, all the calamity with velvet revolver still on the scene, such tv-soap crap.

I believe it is delusional to think that somehow something magical would happen if you got those two on a stage together. It's just novelty value. After a month of people going "OOOooh they were on a stage together", then what?

It would still be a big deal to music magazines and everything, but only with Axl's cooperation, and that's one of the things that he'd lose control of if a mighty titan like Slash rejoined the band. You can bet your ass that Slash would want to do the Rolling Stone cover shoots, whereas Axl probably wouldn't want to, and at that point you're immediately going to have one party saying no and the other party saying yes and starting internal strife. That's the kind of power loss I think Axl is afraid of. Where he is now, he can kind of coast by making money without having to go outside his comfort zone (for the most part) and do the press circuit. Whether or not this is good (I'm not making a call, I somewhat respect his refusal to adapt to the industry but I also think he sort of hurts himself with such stubbornness), that's just the fact. If GN'R ever reunited that would all go out the window. People say Slash is a fame whore but honestly he's just a very savvy business man who learned how to conform to an ever-evolving musical industry.

And if the band broke up again, Axl would probably NOT be able to reform the band with new bandmembers again (like he has now) since I'm assuming Slash would probably want a piece of the GN'R ownership if he ever rejoined. I can only imagine that would be part of his stipulation for coming back - I can't see him rejoining for a tour and then leaving again and Axl re-hiring BBF and co. It's just a big, complicated mess. More complicated, really, than Van Halen or Black Sabbath or any other long-gestating reunions, because the context of what those bands and their members were doing in the interim is totally different from GN'R.

I was convinced there would one day be a GN'R reunion, and I'd still be surprised if they NEVER got back on stage together at some point or another, but...I'm less convinced that we'll ever have a genuine reunion than I once was.

It would still be a big deal to music magazines and everything, but only with Axl's cooperation, and that's one of the things that he'd lose control of if a mighty titan like Slash rejoined the band. You can bet your ass that Slash would want to do the Rolling Stone cover shoots, whereas Axl probably wouldn't want to, and at that point you're immediately going to have one party saying no and the other party saying yes and starting internal strife. That's the kind of power loss I think Axl is afraid of. Where he is now, he can kind of coast by making money without having to go outside his comfort zone (for the most part) and do the press circuit. Whether or not this is good (I'm not making a call, I somewhat respect his refusal to adapt to the industry but I also think he sort of hurts himself with such stubbornness), that's just the fact. If GN'R ever reunited that would all go out the window. People say Slash is a fame whore but honestly he's just a very savvy business man who learned how to conform to an ever-evolving musical industry.

And if the band broke up again, Axl would probably NOT be able to reform the band with new bandmembers again (like he has now) since I'm assuming Slash would probably want a piece of the GN'R ownership if he ever rejoined. I can only imagine that would be part of his stipulation for coming back - I can't see him rejoining for a tour and then leaving again and Axl re-hiring BBF and co. It's just a big, complicated mess. More complicated, really, than Van Halen or Black Sabbath or any other long-gestating reunions, because the context of what those bands and their members were doing in the interim is totally different from GN'R.

I was convinced there would one day be a GN'R reunion, and I'd still be surprised if they NEVER got back on stage together at some point or another, but...I'm less convinced that we'll ever have a genuine reunion than I once was.

You could be right. Maybe some magazines might be lured to hype up... whatever it is that Axl+Slash and a reunion would be.

What I totally agree with is your musings on the power struggles and such involved. Them reuniting will never happen. To me, this is a good thing.

If I'm at all interested in anything creatively happening here then it is to see what ashba, fortus, bumble and the rest of them can come up with, the new songs that have not been written yet. Can they come up with something interesting. Again we come to the problem of Axl who just apparently doesn't have the fire to write new songs as of now. What a bummer really. What I'm assuming here is that the stuff he has left from the CD sessions, the "vault" stuff, those will never see the light of day, atleast for the near-to-mid future.

I just wished Axl would share his music with his millions of fans who have supported him for decades.

That would be something, wouldn't it. :lol:

I'm glad he finally got out there and started touring and everything, I'm glad he seems to be in a better place these days, but damn, what I wouldn't give for some new tunes. And with how cheap it is these days to record, it's not like it has to be another Chinese Democracy. These guys would do well enough to hit the studio for a week, churn out some riffs and ship it off. He has talented session musicians at his disposal - as he did when Bucket and Finck were in the band - and their talents aren't being fully utilized.