I asked Beta about a new album and she replied...

ManetsBR

I don't think complaining about Beta is necessary until we see axl wanting to actually do something. If that we're to happen (doubtful) than maybe it will be time to complain about management.

Edit: just to confirm though, I hate "team brazil" and how betas time with axl lines up to the time he's dropped off but really it's up to him to get motivated.

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All they do or want to do is do the same tour over and over again. How hard could that be to manage? Why would they waste money on a high profile professional when Beta seemingly gets the shows booked and that's all that's needed?

TBH, I think that's why Beta will remain manager. All the others probably had ulterior motives in Axl's eyes: pressure for new music and/or a reunion. He basically stated as much in a couple interviews (maybe the ones he did here). I think he said he distrusted Azoff because he was secretly trying to create tension and push a reunion. Any manager who comes into contact with Axl is going to instantly realize that there's 10x cash to be had (maybe even more) with the original lineup touring, so that will always be in the back of their mind.

Beta is practically family to him, and she wants what he wants. So he doesn't have to worry about someone sabotaging his endless touring, or trying to fuck him over and gun for a reunion (pun intended). Beta's basically the perfect manager for the band right now, in that sense.

Ok I hardly post here but I have to get something off my chest.

Ever since I discovered CD back late 2008 I used to come to this site a few times a day checking for new info on music, but since last year its down to about a week. This band has become so fucking boring its ridiculous, I would have loved to go to a GNR show a couple of years back (they never bring their hundreds of tours to my country) but I wouldn't fork out money to see them anymore. Axl Rose has squandered away so much talent to become a boring attempt at an nostelgic rock act.

And fuck this 'Team Brazil', they are one of the main problems. Why would these hanger ons who were effectively lucky enough to be born into wealth and an easy lifestyle want to rock the boat? Underneath it all, allt hey would care about is getting to travel around the world, making money of these same old tours and living a comfortable life. They don't care if Axl Rose doesn't want to push himself to do new things. And along with this they just feed into this 'everyone is against us' attitude that surrounds them and the band. Fuck em

All they do or want to do is do the same tour over and over again. How hard could that be to manage? Why would they waste money on a high profile professional when Beta seemingly gets the shows booked and that's all that's needed?

TBH, I think that's why Beta will remain manager. All the others probably had ulterior motives in Axl's eyes: pressure for new music and/or a reunion. He basically stated as much in a couple interviews (maybe the ones he did here). I think he said he distrusted Azoff because he was secretly trying to create tension and push a reunion. Any manager who comes into contact with Axl is going to instantly realize that there's 10x cash to be had (maybe even more) with the original lineup touring, so that will always be in the back of their mind.

Beta is practically family to him, and she wants what he wants. So he doesn't have to worry about someone sabotaging his endless touring, or trying to fuck him over and gun for a reunion (pun intended). Beta's basically the perfect manager for the band right now, in that sense.

Maybe Beta and the family don't want to push for a reunion because they know they wouldn't be in charge anymore and I'm sure Slash isn't going to answer to a nanny turned manager.

Is this actually being discussed??

She's a nanny who managed to take advantage of a mentally unstable millionaire rock star through years and years of providing him what he always lacked in interpersonal relationships.

She's not a music exec who worked her way from local talent manager to managing one of the biggest selling acts of all time through years of achievements and professional accomplishments, learning the ropes and making connection.

She was a nanny, who was promoted to band manager. What kind of PR response to people expect from her?

The whole situation is totally bizarre; yet people still always ask over AND over: why won't Interscope get behind anything, why isn't DVDs coming out, why wasn't CD re-released - look who is working on it and working with the real execs who hold the purse strings. Do you think someone is going to invest money into a guy who's unstable and being managed by someone with her qualifications?? Can you imagine how amateur the business plan she offers them, while asking for 7-8 figure promotional backing??

Awesome post.

Kryie - what would be wrong with having Sharon Osbourne as the manager? Since 1995 Ozzy has released six albums of material. Axl has released ONE.

Mags - exactly. Can you imagine how ridiculous those meetings must be. Those guys must just shake their head and surpress laughter and sadness when they see Beta enter the room.

I would love to hear someone like Alan Nivens honest opinion on Beta managing the band.

Me too. Would be fairly interesting. There is a pic of them both together correct?

Is this actually being discussed??

She's a nanny who managed to take advantage of a mentally unstable millionaire rock star through years and years of providing him what he always lacked in interpersonal relationships.

She's not a music exec who worked her way from local talent manager to managing one of the biggest selling acts of all time through years of achievements and professional accomplishments, learning the ropes and making connection.

She was a nanny, who was promoted to band manager. What kind of PR response to people expect from her?

The whole situation is totally bizarre; yet people still always ask over AND over: why won't Interscope get behind anything, why isn't DVDs coming out, why wasn't CD re-released - look who is working on it and working with the real execs who hold the purse strings. Do you think someone is going to invest money into a guy who's unstable and being managed by someone with her qualifications?? Can you imagine how amateur the business plan she offers them, while asking for 7-8 figure promotional backing??

Awesome post.

Kryie - what would be wrong with having Sharon Osbourne as the manager? Since 1995 Ozzy has released six albums of material. Axl has released ONE.

Mags - exactly. Can you imagine how ridiculous those meetings must be. Those guys must just shake their head and surpress laughter and sadness when they see Beta enter the room.

I would love to hear someone like Alan Nivens honest opinion on Beta managing the band.

Me too. Would be fairly interesting. There is a pic of them both together correct?

I think the pic you're talking about is with Doug Goldstein, not Alan. Unless, of course, I'm missing something...

Edited by Bobbo

I still don't know how Beta became GNR manager. Does she has a Business knowledge, contacts from music area, or anything like that? Because that attitude was totally amateur. I'm sorry but, for now on, i'll search for other bands to support more. Maybe VH, Metallica or Scorpions, because this band, called GNR, used to be THE GREATEST FUCKIN' BAND IN THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD, but thanks to bad decisions from 5 drug addictes, they turned the band that could take the place that belongs to "The Rolling Stones", into a FUCKIN' BIG PIECE OF BORING BROWN DISGUSTING STINKY SHIT, a band that has the most unprofessional manager in the whole world, a band that doesn't release almost nothing relevant, since 1991! Get some shame in the face people. Stop buying tickets, let's see what that unskilled manager will say about it.

I'm done!

Edited by MattElias

I still don't know how Beta became GNR manager. Does she has a Business knowledgement, contacts from music area, or anything like that? Because that attitude was totally amauter. I'm sorry but, for now on, i'll search for other bands to support more. Maybe VH, Metallica or Scorpions, because this band, called GNR, used to be THE GREATEST FUCKIN' BAND IN THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD, but thanks to bad decisions from 5 drug addictes, they turned the band that could take the place that belongs to "The Rolling Stones", into a FUCKIN' BIG PIECE OF BORING BROWN DISGUSTING STINKY SHIT, a band that has the most unprofessional manager in the whole world, a band that doesn't release almost nothing relevant, since 1991! Get some shame in the face people. Stop buying tickets, let's see what that unskilled manager will say about it.

I'm done!

i love that "get some shame in the face". some brazilian expressions don't always translate well right? but good post man, i feel the same.

It's hard to believe that some people still praise this band. The things are really, really pathetic, they're playing more covers than CD songs, Axl's voice getting worse and no signal of new music. I think Bumblefoot will leave soon.

Something need to leak.

I still don't know how Beta became GNR manager. Does she has a Business knowledgement, contacts from music area, or anything like that? Because that attitude was totally amauter. I'm sorry but, for now on, i'll search for other bands to support more. Maybe VH, Metallica or Scorpions, because this band, called GNR, used to be THE GREATEST FUCKIN' BAND IN THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD, but thanks to bad decisions from 5 drug addictes, they turned the band that could take the place that belongs to "The Rolling Stones", into a FUCKIN' BIG PIECE OF BORING BROWN DISGUSTING STINKY SHIT, a band that has the most unprofessional manager in the whole world, a band that doesn't release almost nothing relevant, since 1991! Get some shame in the face people. Stop buying tickets, let's see what that unskilled manager will say about it.

I'm done!

i love that "get some shame in the face". some brazilian expressions don't always translate well right? but good post man, i feel the same.

hahahaha they truly don't!

I'm done!

True man, kkkkkkkkkkkkk. So, is there a way to say "get shame in the face" in english?

"Take some shame in the face people" would sound better?

Edited by MattElias

Guest Manny Manner

Maybe Beta and the family don't want to push for a reunion because they know they wouldn't be in charge anymore and I'm sure Slash isn't going to answer to a nanny turned manager.

I don't think Slash would let Beta being the manager stop him from making 10X the money he's making now. I like Slash, but let's be honest, artistic integrity has never been his primary concern. It's well known the nature of the statements he himself made to Beta back in 2005. He may not like Axl or Beta but he would come back in a heartbeat. That's why he's never really slammed the door on the notion of a reunion. Let's face it, every single guy from the old lineups would come back in a heartbeat if Axl asked them to. Guaranteed.

We just cant take another album "10+ years in the making", we have really gotten enough of the crappy interviews and with the "head coach" not wanting to say a thing about the bands future.

People are loosing interest, please advice us general manager - how should be react. To me it is really alarming if people in these positions do not understand/sympathize why alot of the diehard fanbase is getting really tired of this. We all know it the new album is years away at best - Bumble said that the band has not once been in a studio together and there is no word that Axl would have done anything towards new music. Some of us lived thru the "waiting for CD" years with so much passion that another run of that same crap is just too much. In the words of Danny Glover (in lethal weapon): I'm getting too old for this shit.

The state of the band in utterly boring.

Beta doesn't want a reunion partially for what you just said, and because she knows it's the one thing that makes her meal ticket's blood boil, so she just goes along with it like a good little leech.

Beta needs some serious fuckin' shame in the face. :lol:

So what does that mean? Does it mean the person will have a look of shame on their face? Or is shame like an object that gets put on someone's face? Honestly curious, my Brazilian friends.

Ah, leave the guy alone. He got his point across and posting in a foreign language is not easy :shades:

I wasn't making fun of him. I just like the way the phrase comes across in English, and I want to know what the meaning is in Portuguese. I'm not always being a snarky little bitch. :lol:

Why is this silly thread still going? The person in question put a silly remark to Beta and Beta, who probably should have ignored it like they tend to do with the constant barrage of questioning regarding a new GNR record, replied in a similar way. All she did was give a description to comments that had absolutely nothing to do with the picture she had put up. Everybody needs to stop using this small non-incident to articulate their wider frustrations with management.

Edited by NGOG

Why is this silly thread still going? The person in question put a silly remark to Beta and Beta, who probably should have ignored it like they tend to do with the constant barrage of questioning regarding a new GNR record, replied in a similar way. All she did was give a description to comments that had absolutely nothing to do with the picture she had put up. Everybody needs to stop using this small non-incident to articulate their wider frustrations with management.

This.