What are the acknowledged filler tracks on UYI?

Vincent Vega

You Ain't The First, Dust N Bones, Bad Apples, Get In The Ring and Shotgun Blues are all filler IMO.

I'm quite fond of So Fine, but it's definately one of the weaker tracks on the set.

Edited by Towelie

Most of the songs that were written by one band member (with exception of course going to Estranged and November Rain).

As for my list:

So Fine, Shotgun Blues, My World, Breakdown (though I do like this one), Don't Cry (alternate), Double Talking Jive, Bad Apples.

Back Off Bitch is the most obvious, I think. To a lesser extent, Shotgun Blues, Get in the Ring, My World.

I don't think Back Off Bitch is a filler at all. Good little rocker that one and one of the more AFD-sounding ones.

Breakdown (though I do like this one)

Blasphemer!

I disagree about Back Off Bitch, because thats an old song and almost went on Appetite. So Fine is a great song.

I would say Shotgun Blues, Get in the Ring, Dont Cry (w alt lyrics) My World.

Edited by T.wa.T

I disagree about Back Off Bitch, because thats an old song and almost went on Appetite.

Same with Don't Cry, Perfect Crime, Nov Rain... Bad Obsession was written in '85-6 too, but that's not filler. Of the "old" songs on UYI I think Back Off Bitch is the worst, hell it's bottom 3 if not the worst track on either Illusion.

I disagree about Back Off Bitch, because thats an old song and almost went on Appetite.

Same with Don't Cry, Perfect Crime, Nov Rain... Bad Obsession was written in '85-6 too, but that's not filler. Of the "old" songs on UYI I think Back Off Bitch is the worst, hell it's bottom 3 if not the worst track on either Illusion.

Yeah for me, I would put BoB ahead of Bad Obsession, Bad Obsession sounds like a poor mans Mr. Brownstone.

Its just my opinion that a song written years before its released isnt filler, they played it live a bunch of times to. Some people say Anything Goes is filler, but thats one of the oldest GNR songs. . Again its just my opiniion, I dont think theres a defibition for what is a filler song. :thumbsup:

Edited by T.wa.T

I don't think Get In The Ring was a filler. I mean, Axl took some time to record the GUNS N' ROSES chant, and the rant on the song.

And Bad Obsession a filler?! That's one of the coolest songs on the album, definetly not a filler.

Edited by ManetsBR

Guest Manny Manner

So Fine comes to mind right away

So Fine is the worst song ever released under the GNR moniker. It's so bad that it borders on the hilarious- my friends always laugh when Duff says "i've been taken for a fool so many times."

Most of the songs that were written by one band member (with exception of course going to Estranged and November Rain).

As for my list:

So Fine, Shotgun Blues, My World, Breakdown (though I do like this one), Don't Cry (alternate), Double Talking Jive, Bad ApplesI

Breakdonw is definitely not filler. I think that track defines that period more than any other on the record. Really the only one's I agree with are So Fine and possibly My World, but at least My World was an experimental-type track.

So Fine comes to mind right away

So Fine is the worst song ever released under the GNR moniker. It's so bad that it borders on the hilarious- my friends always laugh when Duff says "i've been taken for a fool so many times."

As for my list:

So Fine, Shotgun Blues, My World, Breakdown (though I do like this one), Don't Cry (alternate), Double Talking Jive, Bad ApplesI

Breakdonw is definitely not filler. I think that track defines that period more than any other on the record. Really the only one's I agree with are So Fine and possibly My World, but at least My World was an experimental-type track.

I only say Breakdown because the chorus is completely undercooked. Songs I view as filler are those that haven't been fully fleshed out but thrown on the album anyway. I'm sure a lot of thought when into the drum parts and it's not a straightforward chord progression. But I have a hard time believing that the chorus in the song is the best Axl could come up with at the time. I'm not slamming the song, it's one of my favourites, but it just feels as though it was included despite not being finished.

Both albums are pretty solid to me.

Pretty much every song the original band put out are all stand up I feel. Only issue is some are just not AS good as others, but they're still good songs start to finish.

Stuff like Anything Goes, You Ain't The First, Shotgun Blues, and a few others are not as great as WTTJ or November Rain, but that's tough competition considering the quality of music Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff produced - they are still cool songs to kick back to though. Even TSI is great when you listen to it in the context of a cover album.

It's funny to me that some of the fillers mentioned (except for My World) are still way better than some CD songs like Scraped and Riad...

i wish they did more "fillers" like that :)

all songs are great, even My World has its own charm, while obviously is slack-baked

Edited by netcat