New Bumblefoot interview

Guest NGOG

Listen here: http://www.musicfrenzy.net/Interviews.php#Bumblefoot

On touring

“There’s more live stuff in the works for the end of the year.”

New album

“I’m hoping in between that we’ll be able to focus on writing some new music together.”

“I’ve been wanting to do that for a couple of years now.”

How to approach it

“It’s very important to just keep it simple and never forget what it’s all about. Just keep it very simple. And just forget about all the other crap, forget about the business stuff… and just don’t overthink it… just have fun with it and just hang out… and don’t overcritique and… don’t feel like the whole world is expecting perfection of you. Just do what you do and… what comes out comes out.”

What the fans want in a new GNR album

“They just want something organic and true and honest an… that has integrity… and something that has energy and life that’s gonna inspire people or rile them up or just… make them feel something.”

Edited by NGOG

His comments seem to be a direct blast at how long it took Axl to work on the first CD.

I've always thought that Axl could go both routes. Wasn't he quoted as saying he wanted CD to be one of the best records of all time? I'd love to see Axl go the BBF/DJ route and write/record a record with those guys every couple of years. I think we'd all love albums with songs like nightrain, you could be mine, paradise city, Betters every two-three years..

Then on the side he can work on his epic masterpiece vision - and release that album every decade. The estranged, nov rains, catchers, twats.

Guest cbgnr666

His comments seem to be a direct blast at how long it took Axl to work on the first CD.

I've always thought that Axl could go both routes. Wasn't he quoted as saying he wanted CD to be one of the best records of all time? I'd love to see Axl go the BBF/DJ route and write/record a record with those guys every couple of years. I think we'd all love albums with songs like nightrain, you could be mine, paradise city, Betters every two-three years..

Then on the side he can work on his epic masterpiece vision - and release that album every decade. The estranged, nov rains, catchers, twats.

Wasn't he quoted as saying he wanted CD to be one of the best records of all time?

No,if I remember correctly he said that was spin created by the media.He said something like its the right record,and its a good record and nothing more.

Wasn't he quoted as saying he wanted CD to be one of the best records of all time?

No,if I remember correctly he said that was spin created by the media.He said something like its the right record,and its a good record and nothing more.

Del James: As reported, were you, either in your mind or otherwise, trying to create the "best album ever made"?

Axl Rose: No. That's f---ing ridiculous and more negative media nonsense. We were all just trying to do our best for the fans and ourselves.

Del James: At any point did you feel or say either you or the band had to make a "masterpiece"?

Axl Rose: Of course not -- more unaccountable nonsense. Obviously, media, elements of the public, fans and our detractors had all kinds of things going on such as high hopes, expectations, pressure, naysayers, etc. I don't think anyone would mind discovering a diamond mine and I don't think anyone in any competitive field would get very far if they didn't have dreams, aspirations or simply hope to do well. That said, these types of comments are more from our detractors, pulled out of their ass if not thin air.

I wonder where the live shows will be. Possibly the rumored south american tour, I can't see them playing europe in the winter, and they have done Austrailia, canada, america and middle east on the latest leg of the tour.

Anywhere else they could be?

I wonder where the live shows will be. Possibly the rumored south american tour, I can't see them playing europe in the winter, and they have done Austrailia, canada, america and middle east on the latest leg of the tour.

Iceland

Iceland

on the moon

The only problem with that assessment is that he didn't join the band until 2006. So, he would have no first hand knowledge as to what went on from roughly 1998 - mid 2006 when he joined the band. So, I don't necessarily believe he is speaking about that because he wasn't present for the majority of the time spent working on the CD era songs and the CD album itself. I think he may be speaking in more general terms.

Ali

GnR Antartica Tour 2013!

The only problem with that assessment is that he didn't join the band until 2006. So, he would have no first hand knowledge as to what went on from roughly 1998 - mid 2006 when he joined the band. So, I don't necessarily believe he is speaking about that because he wasn't present for the majority of the time spent working on the CD era songs and the CD album itself. I think he may be speaking in more general terms.

Ali

Do you think Ron is socially inept and hasn't spoken to his bandmates with regards how the Chinese Democracy sessions ran? Do you think in two years he wouldn't have witnessed first hand Axl's sense of perfection and pressure? Do you think he's blind and hasn't read the infinite number of interviews by Tom Zutaut, Josh Freese etc. all citing Axl as that sort of a character? Edited by NGOG

Ali

Do you think Ron is socially inept and hasn't spoken to his bandmates with regards how the Chinese Democracy sessions ran? Do you think in two years he wouldn't have witnessed first hand Axl's sense of perfection and pressure? Do you think he's blind and hasn't read the infinite number of interviews by Tom Zutaut, Josh Freese etc. all citing Axl as that sort of a character?

If he had spoken to his bandmates, he would've heard what Tommy said about bringing Roy Thomas Baker on board - "You know, it just got stupider and stupider as the record company kept throwing bad A&R guys [at us], or producers like Roy Thomas Baker who, you know, he made things sound better, but that wasn't' what we needed."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2011/12/tommy_stinson.php

"What happened when producer Roy Thomas Baker was brought in?

He wanted to re-record everything, because he felt he could get better tones. In my opinion, he wasted many years and many millions of dollars trying to get us better sounds that we could have addressed in the mixing stage. I’m not a proponent of his style of producing. I think Iovine put Roy Thomas Baker in the producer seat because he didn’t think the raw sounds were good enough. Then Roy came in and would try every Marshall guitar amp in a five-state area to find just the right guitar tone. And he wanted to do that for every single part on the album."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=174

So, you see, the bandmates that were there for the entire Chinese Democracy recording saga do not lay ALL the blame at Axl's feet. So, if BBF had spoken to his bandmates, like you suggest, why would he get the impression that it was ALL Axl's fault for delaying the record's release? And, if he was aware that there were other factors, other than Axl's sense of perfectionism, at play, why would he take a direct shot at Axl solely for the time it took to work on the Chinese Democracy album?

So, again, I don't necessarily think BBF was referring to the how the Chinese Democracy album was recorded or how the recording was approached. He may be speaking about how he'd prefer to approach recording the next record in an absolute, as opposed to relative, sense.

Ali

Ali........do you really think that Tommy or Dizzy is going to come out and publically complain about Axl and his process? Those guys kiss Axl's ass even more than you do.

It's amazing how ANYTHING negative that is directed Axl's way, guys like you and a few others always find excuses as to why it isn't Axl's fault. But sure. 13 years and 14 million dollars to finish one record.......NOT Axl's fault. Clearly the fault of the label, producers, etc. And the stories about Axl renting studios and expensive equipment for months at a time, heck for years at a time, and not stepping ONE FOOT into the studio.........that probably wasn't Axl's fault either. Right? The studio owners probably gave Axl the wrong directions on how to get to the studio, and then they secretely charged him without Axl knowing about it.

Anybody with an ounce of common sense knows what Ron is referring to. You somehow sugarcoating it is ridiculous.

Ask anybody that knows anything about the music world to name the one album that was worked on TOO long and had too much time spent tinkering on it. CD would get more votes than any other album in music history.

So a current member of THAT band makes the comments Ron did.

And you think he isn't referring to it? It's just a weird coincidence?

This is almost as much of a stretch for you as when you defended Axl for his physical abuse against the various women he used to beat up.